Houston, TX
American InterContinental University-Houston

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend American InterContinental University-Houston

OLUMIDE

They have great and professional teachers, and lovely and expert people working at the learning center. They are all always there to put students through if there is any difficulty. everyone is friendly to each other. Overall, the school is after the success of all students.

Jorge

My Overall opinion about American Intercontinental University is that like many colleges it has it's pros and cons. Class sizes are small and professors are nice and informative. The personalized attention that you get here is probably my favorite part about this school. My main issue is that you do not get that university feel as a young person.

Angel

American Intercontinental University Strives for greatness in students by giving out the appropriate training for students to acquire their respective skills needed according to the occupation on the field going into. American Intercontinental is the #1 Non- party school, is a professional school with a variety of extracurricular activities were you can network with people into achieving your goals. Professors always caring and going extra for students understanding of subject and to understand students' personal life. Overall American Intercontinental University is a home environment feel like who everybody knows each other and helps each other.

Vinh
Student Experienced

Student Experienced

As an student in three to four years in this campus and University. I give it overall decent and okay small college. The professor and services are great, always active help the student on question and request need of help. The financial aid is the biggest let down for me because in previous first year there were useful financial aid who able to explain the financial situation and offer plan student for work study and scholarship, then two years later they were gone . I have to used the phone call on financial aid department, however they aren't any helpful at all about my tuition, but mostly putting me on loans. I have 10k scholarship to help my study thanks to the school department were able to help me continue in my difficult moment been hospitalized of ulcer and recovered. Finally graduated in college and I have the 30k loans to paid off. The career server is helpful in different way they only gives you job search and resume revise for you to edit. As a graduated right now most likely have to stand in your own feet and searching job available low to highest. I still want accomplish my career as art, graphic and designer, but the struggle is part of my strength to be active and reaches every people to start a new life. My wish for future people want to go college is think carefully in plan, moneys, and goals before go into college. I highly recommend is to wait the school system change in freedom of education or start your own trade skill and business and educated yourself by your own passion.

Laura

I am working toward my goals of being self-reliant, setting a good example for my daughters and the ability to maintain a decent home for my family. I can achieve this through an education, determination and the support of my family. My education should not be a hardship on my family. However, we have all made sacrifices in support of my education, in the hopes of a better job and financial security. I want my children to know that with a higher education they can achieve their goals. I want to be able to support my daughters on my own, without the assistance of state support.

Nothing. Professors are great and there is always someone willing to help or find someone to answer your questions.

Dorothy

Criminal justice and graphics / visual communications

Criminal justice and graphics / visual communications

I would tell myself, the high school senior, to continue your education by going to college and don?t stop until you get the degree in a field of study that you feel is right for you. And no matter what, I?d say ?No B?s?. That means no Booze, no Boys and no Babies. No money for college is not an excuse because there are forces put into place to help students get the money for college education through grants, loans and scholarships. College life is very different from grade school in that the students who attend college are there because they have a desire to be there. And since it is very expensive to go to college, people want to get their money?s worth out of it. Once you have your degree you then become more of a valued employee because it shows that you have the stamina, the substance, the groundwork it takes to stick to a project or goal until completion and that?s one thing prospective employers look for in their employees.

I brag about the flexibility of school schedule.

carrie

i really dont know what i would tell myself. when i was in high school i was married and wasnt expectin to go back to school. but now that i am goin back to school i look back and i wished i would have prepared my self a little better, as in note takin, and takin a little more time to study. and as far as college life i would probaly tell my self dont listen to your husband when u start school u will be divorced with three kids and save all the money u can get your hands on.

how much harder it would be then in high school. because in high school u can miss so many days and make them up but in col. u cant. the diffrent ethnic groups that would be attendin. and how many people would be there

the fact that there are many different people in my school. that they try to help you out no matter. the classes are not big there relatively small. the professors are nice easy goin and willin to help you out in any way that they can.

Lynn

Invest in yourself FIRST by concentrating on the degree. The journey begins and ends with only one course. Life is happier and more fulfilling if you pursue your passion. FINISH what you start and please do not let any one change your goal of walking out with a degree. Study a little in every subject every day for long-term memory. Never binge study. Prioritize every day and when times are hard, take a deep breath and don't ever give up. You are brilliant, intelligent, and make a difference in life. Take care of your surroundings for those who come after. If you need help, ask for it, and remember to be appreciative. If you can help others, do it. Mark successes, not time. Be proactive in your study, be positive, and if there are bad days, know that tomorrow is another day. Believe in the wonderful things you are capable of, and in the exciting field of your study. Try and see the professor's perspective and understand his/her teaching style to get more out of the class. Use the library or online resources. Be responsible to yourself and those who pay for you.

With the brick and mortar schools, even the basic general education courses require a minimal amount of online activity. The full-time faculty (minimal) are quite rehearsed in using the online tools, but few of the adjunct teachers know how to correctly use the blackboard-type interface, assigning grades weeks after the assignment or test is given. Sometimes the interface is not used at all. Senior management simply says that adjuncts are hard to control. Ugggh! Feedback is too slow or almost non-existent.

AIU schools are accredited and have the same requirements as public schools but the schedule is year-round. This allows a student to graduate with a Bachelors in less time than a traditional school. The emphasis is on academics and not sports or extra-curricular activities. Although this traditional online school is best known for its distance learning, there are multiple brick and mortar schools throughout the US. It is an open school, meaning most anyone will be accepted, however, a student really needs to be committed to study and able to stick with self-discipline to do well.

American InterContinental University-Houston administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.