Sacramento, CA
American River College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend American River College

I wish I would of went back to college coming out of highschool, insted of waiting until 28 years old.

Parking! Finicial process and which counslor to see.

Someone looking to further there career.

Michelle

American River College is best known for its diversity of students and the extracurricular clubs that they offer. There are many clubs that participate in a multicultural week and they share with you their culture and food. They also have great student aids to help with homework and many other issues you may have in our Learning Resource Center. They give you access to computers to type essays, offer tutoring, ESL and Writing and Reading programs. They even have a program to show you how to best outline notes and lectures and how to study for a test.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself that college needs to be taken seriously and you will not finish your general ed in two years. Going into college I signed up full time while working and had a hard time balancing it out. I would slack on homework assignments and say that "I have time to study later" when I could have done it then. After two years of being at a "two year" and not being finished with my general ed, I became discouraged. I learned that its pretty hard to work full time and go to school full time and that you may not finish in two years. I would tell myself to focus more on school because now that I am ready to transfer into a nursing proram (that is so competitive), I'm worried that my 2.5 GPA wont make it. There are so many trying to get in right now and I'm sure many of them have 4.0 GPA's. I wish I could go back and work harder at my grades, if I did this I wouldnt have to retake some of the general ed for transfer.

The best thing about my school is that everyone there is so diverse. You learn a lot from the variety of classmates you have in class. It leads to insightful discussions.

Being in college made me realize that life is way too fast paced to sit around and watch, and not everyone is going to be a winner. Not everyone is going to have a happy ending. Maybe they wont be able to follow their dreams. I have seen good people throw away that once in a life time chance, and its made me really think. I know what I would look at myself and say, "Life is always worth living, and always have dreams to work towards. Don't get stuck in a rut, and do not look towards someone else to make you life better. You will have to work towards your goals and do not get lazy. Whatever you do, no matter what happens, stay confident and happy. Show the world that you will not be put down as easily. Also never forget, love life. " That would be it. Before I really thought that I can I could wait for life to come to me, I learned that I have to go to life and work towards happiness my goals.

Peleina

My school is know for helping undergraduate first year college students get through their General Education courses and then going on to transfer to a 4-year University based on their choice of major.

If I had the chance to go back and talk to myself in high school I would tell myself to be prepared and set in the decision to go to college. College is a big decision and there are too many young students that are dropping out and never finishing their education. I was one of them and if I had let myself know that it was going to be hard and worth all the work I would have tried harder to stay there and finish ealier. As far as being prepared for college, I would let myself know that there is alot to learn, work towards, and deal with throughout the college span of time.

The worst thing is the best thing that we have at our school. Though we help lots of students transfer to universities it causes us to have a low graduation rate. And because of that low graduation rate it causes many new high school graduates to think we do not have the protential to help them get the degree they want to achieve.

Sabahat

My classmates are unique. They are profound on certain ideas and otherwise lackluster. Sometimes, it is hard to tell how their minds work because they have such interesting ideas about one topic but a completely contradicting idea about a relating topic. My classmates are faulty and greedy in their obsession with knowledge. Their thirst for knowledge is enough to drive a madman mad. Their energy is positive and reluctant, but that is just one class. However, in other words, some classes contain unique minds and other classes contain undeveloped minds. Some are useful and some are useless; that is life.

If time permitted me to travel, back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself of what I know. I would say, "As anticipated as you are to enter college, make sure you study enough to earn the grades that will easily permit you to enter a university/college that accepts your credentials." I would tell myself to pay close attention to the SATs and focus on my weakness in Mathematics; practice makes perfect. Stay focused on the academic and athletic criteria of the college you want to get into. Make sure you are aware of what you want to major in because many go into college with an open mind and choke up when they must choose a major. Always stay as alert as possible during your Advanced Placement English exam and do your best. Remember what Mr. Madin always said, "It does not matter how hard you prepped for this exam, what matters is how unbelievable the outcome of your writing will be." If you follow his advice and mine, you are surely to do well. Promise me one thing, you will not under any circumstances regret your choices.

The most frustrating thing about school is having to cope with a new environment. Especially, since it is my first year in college, I am paranoid about getting lost on my way to classes, constantly wondering if the professors will like me or even remember my name, worrying about the upcoming tests, midterms and finals. School is fun if you are focused and have your mind set on what you want to major in but it is not the best place to be if you are unsure. The asbolute frustrating thing about school is having to study all the time.

Tatiana

American River College is a diverse melting pot of people formed together for the same goal,in a peacful enviroment.

I would have told myself how stupid i was for wasting the past 3 years and that I need to get my education first or im going to be struggling to get by all my life.Dont give up focus and the rest will come. Im destined for greatness as long as i stay on the right path. I would tell myself that im 30years old and went to prison and did things i am asshamed of now. But God is real and this the proof. Fear God and seak him now so that he can help guide you threw thses coming temptations and disapointments you are about to go threw. and you wont be suffering so much. I would tell me that my grandparents love me and willdo whatever it takes aslong as i am true to my word. No one is your true friend. But if you learn now to stay stead fast on your feet, and complete your education man youy will be better off. And buy stock in a company called google and bennie babys. : )

Peolpe not focused on the goals

Stefanie

Stefanie, You are going to need a lot of money for college life expenses. Your future truck is going to use a lot of gas, your parents are going to need any financial assistance you can provide and school will put a whole in your bank account. You always talk about completing scholarships and now is the time to actually take action. I am telling you that it is not fun to work hard and study hard in the same semester. You loose sleep and easily get stressed out. You have time now, so dedicate at least 3 hours a week to filling out scholarships. Think of it this way, if you you take five hours working on one scholarship and win $5,000, you just made $1,000 per hour. Time is a-skippin' so best get to it! You will be very glad you did!

What I love about ARC is that it offers a wide range of classes. I love variety so it really fufills my needs. It also allows me to fulfill my GED with classes that actually intrest me.

ARC can be very frustrating because it seems like an unenthusiastic high school campus that doesn't enforce a "no smoking" policy near classrooms. I know it is just a community college, but I was hoping for a friendly, open, and inspiring environment. Unfortunately, it is a little dull.

Amber

I think that American river college is very unique. Specifically, the students that attend there. There are all mix of races and ethnicities. I also enjoy the variety of classes availabe at the school.

If i could go back in time, i would tell my high school self to stop being lazy and do my work! All throughout high school , i was a procrastinater. I never though about what college i wanted to attend, let alone attending college at all. If i would have known what i know now, i would have focused alot harder on my grades and maybe been able to win scholarships and just had the extra motivation i needed at the time.

i wish that i would have known before hand that classes fill up fast. Classes at american river, and all junior colleges i assume, are in high demand due to the declining economy. If i would have know this , i wouldn't have procrastinated as long as i had and signed up for classes as soon as they were available.

Barbara

I would probably tell myself that even though my desire was to stay at Natomas Charter with all of my friends, it would be in my best interest to leave in my last semester and transfer to another high school in the area. The graduation requirements for Natomas Charter asked that all students pass math classes through Algebra 2. Most other high schools only required Algebra 1, and I was stuck somewhere after my first semester in Geometry. The fact that I did not recieve my diploma really weighed heavy in my mind, and still does to this day. If I did not personally know the hiring manager at Raley's who already knew me as a hard worker, I doubt I would have gotten hired at any other job. I would tell my past self that whatever I do in high school WILL affect my future, and I will thus regret my past actions for the rest of my life. Seeing how far I've come through community college, I am proud of who I am, yet wish I did not have to worry about the diploma thing as I apply to other universities.

The amount of people that are being allowed in. On one hand it is great that there are so many people who are getting the opportunity to further their education, yet on the other hand, it feels incredibly overcrowded. For some of the major transferable classes, the wait lists are almost impossible to get through. This makes it hard to further our education if we are stuck in the same lower classes.

Anyone would be a good candidate for this school. They allowed me to attend and take classes, even though I did not recieve my diploma when i left high school. I was afraid this fact would hold me back from reaching my educational goals, but I have been attending for three years and am able to get my Associates degree in two fields this spring.

kenneth

my classmates are friendly ,helpful, and courteous-i'm having a great time making friends!

ARC is known for a good mix of older people going back to school and younger committed students.

definitely cut out partying and take this wonderful opportunity we have in this country to get a quality education seriously. too often we think we can do it "later" but later never comes until we get on the ball and "just do it". people pay for just the ability to read in some other countries so we can have a lack of appreciation for the chance we have here.i'm not saying "don't have any fun" but i am saying "just have your priorities straight". "business before pleasure" so be about your biz before having fun -you'll have earned it!!

American River College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.