Mountain Home, AR
Arkansas State University-Mountain Home

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Arkansas State University-Mountain Home

Macy

I am currently a high school senior who will be attending Arkansas State University-Mountain Home next fall. I am excited to begin the next chapter of my life at this two-year college because it seems like a wonderful place to further my education. The campus is very nice and the facilities are superior as well.

Anna

I love it, the Teachers and staff are great and most of the students take school seriously. There is an on campus free tutoring center that has great hours. The Instructors all have some set times that they are there to help you. Every instructor has office hours posted and they are actually there when they say they will be. It is in a small town, which makes you feel safe. There is plenty of security that patrols the campus. It is close to stores. The campus has a subway, but if you don't want to eat there it is only a few minutes to multiple other places to eat. This is a school for those who are serious about their education, not people that just want to party.

Joseph

Love it! It is a beautiful campus and a great small community. The class size is small and the professors are approachable and available. The mix of students makes class very interesting as there are a lot of non-traditional students. There is no on campus housing but there is always some activity going on around campus so it keeps it fun.

brandi

I have never attended another college so I have nothing to compare this one too, There are no on campus or off campus housing that I know of which is why I rated them a 1 star, however, I do not need it so I've never looked into it. There are plenty of good instructors here, I believe it is a good college and I would recommend it to family or friends.

Hayden

ASU Mountain Home really reaches out to their students and offers assistance where ever they can.

Arkansas State University is a relatively small school compared to others around the area. This allows more one on one time with the teachers and students. They also provide tutoring sessions where a teacher from each subject is present. There is no room and board at the Univevrsity, as well, so I am able to save money living offf campus with my parents.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to take high school more seriously. I would tell myself to take the ACT as many times as possible because it will end up playing a big role in my college decision. I would also advise myself to take electives that would benefit my college interests and to take an internship to help me figure out what those interest are.

Lindsey

Assuming I could go back in time, I would give myself the knowledge I have about college. The first piece of advice I would give myself would be to fill out more scholarships for my college education. I made the mistake in high school not filling out a lot of scholarships thinking I would get the ones I got and didn’t get them in the end, so I would be filling out a lot more. I would be more aware of the classes I end up taking wither they are seated or online. During my first semester I chose to do an online computer class and got really confused, so if I was still in high school just making my schedule I would make sure not to take online classes. Finally, the most important thing any soon to be college student should know is how to be on track and time, in high school you don’t have to worry about being late cause teachers are more relaxed. College teachers are stricter about when things are turned in and how things are done. Those would be the things I would tell myself or other person about to enter college.

Because ASUMH is a small university, and even though thry do try. There are not many activities that peak many fellow students interest. I wish they had more activities for us so that we can get to know other students and get involved with the university.

There is a wide range of students at ASUMH. The majority of students are right out of highschool, while the rest is mostly older adults who havent been to school in years and are quite nervous and ask a lot of questions.

For the most part the teachers and classes are decent. The class times could be more organized and some of the staff seems to just read direcrly from the text book rather than actually teaching.

Anthony

I would tell myself that I need to work on my study habbits. College isn't all about the partying and having a good time, your trying to achieve your education so you can start your lifes work. Now don't get me wrong there will be fun times and plenty of them, but when you need to study or do homework remember those things come first. If you don't, then there won't be any fun times due to you getting kicked out of school. What your parents and teachers told you all along was right!

I wish that I would have known that life doesn't always go the way you planned it to go. That sometimes the things that you want in life change overtime. There will be times where you will make bad grades and bad decisions but fight through those tough times and keep your friends and family close. Most importantly, no matter what, don't give up on any of your dreams and goals in life because things will typically work out for you in the end.

I tell my friends that even though, for right now, the school that I attend is small, it is like another home to me. I love how firendly everyone is and how beautiful our campus is. It gets to the point sometimes in life where we forget to be thankful for the little things in life and just being here reminds me everyday how great I actually have it here at this University.

Lindsay

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not be so afraid about college. The transition from high school to college has been an amazing experience for me. I love learning and exploring new things and I have met so many new people in the process. I have no regrets in the educational choices I have made, and given the chance to do it again I wouldn't change a thing. Knowing that going to school is giving me a chance to have a great future drives me to do good in school and to continue my education. I would also tell myself to be more serious about applying for scholarships. College is an expensive thing, and there are many resources that provide financial aid that I didn't know about as a high school senior.

I love how clean and beautiful the campus is. I have never seen a piece of trash on the lawn or in any of the buildings. Having a clean area to study and learn in is very important to me. It provides less distraction and give you a great learning enviroment. I also love how nice all the teachers and staff are. They are always available and are very easy to reach and talk to if you have a problem.

There isn't anything that I have found frustrating about my school. Arkansas State University is an great college. The staff is friendly and the campus is clean and beautiful. I recommend that everyone in the area should attend.

Arkansas State University-Mountain Home administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.