Danville, VA
Averett University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Averett University

Haley

I am in love with my college. There is such a diversity of people and activities happen on a regular. I am a commuter student and I have never felt out of place. I have a great group of friends to study with and if they're not available, a tutor always is.

Aislinn

It is a good school with good intentions, but it is old and in need of improvements. It is located in a small town, so the school is not very popular nor has a large amount of students. The food meets the basic nutritional needs which also means its flavor is basic. However, there are many restaurants in town.

Austin

I am super excited to be able to come up to continue my academic and athletic career up at Averett University. I am very happy that the class sizes are small so that i can get as much help in a class as I need to be able to get the best knowledge out of the class. #Averett22

Mallory

My opinion about Averett is, that I am very happy I chose to attend this university. I cannot imagine myself at another school. Averett has welcomed me with open arms since the first day I got there. Every one there was so helpful and kind. It is such a great community and I would recommend this school to any body wishing to get a good education.

Te

Really enjoyed going to Averett University and have no complaints about the experience. Class sizes are good, degree is fully accredited, and the programs they offer are affordable so you won't graduate with a 50K student loan like a buddy of mine did at another school. Ouch! If you live in Virginia or North Carolina the school is well known and the degree is respected by employers. If you are job searching nationwide, it is a smaller school so you may not get as much respect right off the bat. AU has a really high graduation rate - I would say over half the people who started with me ended up with a degree. At other schools, it is like 1 in 4. Good deal if you take a tech or business major.

Anu

Beautiful campus yet their staff seems to be clueless as to what is truly going on. Communication between staff members is non-existent. If you ask what one person a question, the person net to them will give you a complete opposite answer. The administration needs to include staff meetings into their daily routines.

Kristen

When i took a trip down here i fell in love with it and i hope i can visit it more often i love the school and the community.

jennifer

Averett University is a family. They open every student with open arms and they are always there to help with any situation. The professors are extremly helpful with what ever you may need they especially offer an open office if there are personal issues that you would want to discuss. This university is unlike others; it is very small and open, the students get along with each other and offer a hand when needed. Whenever I walk down the halls or into the cafeteria everyone is smiling and saying hello to each other. One of the great things is friendships.

Averett University is best known for being one team and one family. The faculty and students all have a great time with each other and find our own paths within the first semsters. Besides the family Averett is known for being a liberal arts college, allowing for many oportunities for the students to mold their future paths and careers. They offer a wide variety of majors and minors, as well as, creating a major specific to the subjects you would like to study.

To go back and talk to my high school self would be a gift. I would tell myself that I need to apply myself more to my school work and less on working to make money. I was bullied in high school becasue I enjoyed school and shyed away from the parties and people that would have a negative impact on my life. If I went back I would tell myself not to be so shy and that it is okay to like school and want to have a future when you grow up. Besides social life I would strongly encourage myself to study more and take more time out to read and review the assignments given. I would give Highschool self the most important advise I would tell anyone; do what makes you happy.

Alixandria

My school is best known for its athletics and community involvement. As a student-athlete, I, and other athletes, are volunteered to do work around the community in order to get more community support at our athletic events such as games. Also, in athletics a few teams including the volleyball and womens soccer teams have earned championship rings. The volleyball team, which I am apart of, went as far as to recieve first in conference, achieve championship rings and never lost a single game at home this past season.

Currently as a college sophomore, I would love to redo my freshman year of college. There are quite a few things I'd do differenty but with the amount of things I'd change would exceed the maximum words limit. I would tell myself to get help when I first started struggling with classes. In high school, I took Advance Placement courses which through me into my major as soon as I began college. My first semester at Averett I struggled with Math and Chemistry because I hadn't taken any Math or chemistry courses since my junior year of high school. I kept telling myself that I didn't need the help just yet and I'd do better on my next quiz if I studied harder, but I continued to push back getting help. Looking back now, I realize that my GPA would be a lot better had I went and asked for helpl when I first began struggling. Although I can't go back and change it now, all I can do is move forward and begin to get help as soon as I realize I don't understand the material.

The worst thing about my school is the wi-fi availability and the cafeteria food. The wi-fi on campus goes in and out just like the cafe food--some days it works others it doesn't.

Carianna

First and foremost, nice choice in Averett; there are so many different people here from all over the world and nation. Don't worry that their accents are a little difficult to understand, just listen closely and don't be afraid to ask them to repeat it a billion times. Next, make sure you take a full credit load, preferrably 15 or 16 credit hours a semester. Also, if you really want to go to medical school...do it! However, double-check the application requirements for the medical schools you want to attend and make sure you have all the requirements to apply, you may have to double major in athletic training and biomedical science to prepare for specializing in sports medicine. Ohh, if you can take Physics and AP Calculus, you definitely should; it's so easy to transfer credits in from high school. Sometimes it'll be stressful and the tuition is pretty expensive but hold on, it gets better. You are going to break your family's cycle and obtain a bachelor's degree, you can do it! Most importantly, take a deep breath and go for a run every now and then.

The diversity on campus is amazing because it exposes you to numerous nationalities, cutltures, and religions. It is a great learning experience and will prepare students better for a diverse workplace.

I wish I better understood how to register for classes in order to complete all requirements for two majors in time to graduate in four years while taking manageable course loads each semester.

Averett University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.