Mobile, AL
Bishop State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bishop State Community College

Icela

Bishop State is a school with a high accredidation and is a great choice to go and pursue furthering you education. Im familiar with several people that have sought out and achieved earning a degree at Bishop State Community College. It gives the next person hope to gain that same achievement.

Kiara

I enrolled into Bishop State as a freshman this year Fall of 2018. I have found it to be a friendly environment. The appearance of the campus is nice and they have security located on campus as well. My advisor is wonderful and makes students feel like they can achieve their goals. I enrolled for only one class due to there was no financial aid available. I would like to take more courses in the future if possible. The staff made the process really easy when applying and getting registered for classes. Even though I’ve had to drop out due to finances I would love to attend since they are a community college and seem to make it an enjoyable experience. The instructors are knowledgeable and seem helpful and they really want you to succeed. My instructor was very approachable and listens to the students concerns. The prices at Bishop State are very good compared to other schools in the area. You can take the general courses here and save a lot of money. Bishop state offer scholarships for students who attend more than half time. Bishop State Community College is the right fit for anyone who has just completed High school such as myself and would like to start with something that has that familiar environment. Community College is a step above high school but you often will attend class with some of the students from the local high schools in the area. This is what makes it such a good start.

Jalexis

As a freshman of Bishop State community college it is one of the best campus I've been on to . Even though they don't offer on-campus housing they provide us with lots of help during in and out of classes, answer our emails when needed and they are the friendliest staff that are known.

Jalyn

Bishop is by far the best community college. It's easy and the teachers are really nice and very understanding. Also this colleges is cheap and your books, well you can get those yourself if you have to. I only go here for the summer semester and a university during spring and fall semester. I recommend this college!

Jalyn

Although, Bishop state is a community college it is very easy. The teachers here are very easy and understanding. Even though I only come here during the summer and a university in the fall and spring semester, I have not had a hard time here at all. I recommend it to any students in Mobile Alabama during the summer. There is no way you should fail here!

Alexis

I love Bishop State. My teachers are available if I need them and answer calls at most hours of the day. I am president of our STEM club and we just got second place in a math competition. There is no on campus housing for our students, but the mall, Dollar Tree, and plenty of food places nearby. My classes push me and are preparing me for university life. I also take upper level classes such as organic chemistry and Calculus III. Bishop is a wonderful place for my beginnings.

kadijah

As most people in Mobile, Al probably know Bishop State Community College has a bad reputation. It's been said that it's unprofessional and ghetto. Quite honestly I thought the same, as an outsider looking in, it doesn't look fancy like the other college. Surprisingly, I have enjoyed my time here. There's small class sizes so everyone gets attention and you can ask as many questions as you want and I love the fact that I am able to have class discussions with my teacher which you might not get in the lecture style large colleges. I'm actually impressed with the way this college is run.

Cecilia

The programs are strong and filled with educators who care about their students.

The school has a 100% acceptance rate and that has a tendency to bring in a lot of students with poor prior education and the school is well known for this. Caucasian students are one of the largest minorities in the school which is another accurate stereotype. I've had nothing but positive experiences with the instructors though and I feel like they truly care about the student's education while the stereotype is that they do not care.

Michelle

I have no idea. I am simply interested in the program.

My college experience was a naieve one. I racked up huge student loans thinking I would be able to pay them back with Bachelors degree salary. I now can not see being able to afford attending school.

I have no idea. I am simply interested in the program.

Assuming that I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I'd take the opportunity to educate myself about college life, how demanding it is and the importance of staying truly focused. First of all, I'm sure I would sound much like my parents when I began the discussion. However, I'd try to avoid sounding old and jaded as to ensure that I remain attentive. Next, I would be sure to include significant reasons for which being determined is necessary and helps in overcoming obstacles along the journey to success. In addition, I'd emphasize that finding a job/career as a college graduate is much easier than without a degree. I would also advise myself not to allow anyone or anything in life to steer me in an awkward or uncomfortable direction that simply doesn't feel right. Also, stand firm in and strive to apply the strong values and morals that were instilled in me. And last but certainly not least, continue to remind myself that although at times college may seem pointless, bothersome, hopeless or even impossible; remember that in the near future, I will reap the benefits.

I consider the worst thing about Bishop State Community College to be the issue of communication. The majority of the time it is nearly impossible to contact appropriate members of the staff, (even proffessors), in order to get necessary information and/or to ask questions. Unfortunately, I feel that this frustrating fact is all too often present in many other institutions as well. I also believe that this concern requires attention, needs improvement and absolutely must change in order to guarantee the overall success of the students, faculty/staff and institution.

Impatient, unfocused people who are reluctant to be persistent shouldn't attend Bishop State Community College. Students must be driven and dedicated by constantly striving to achieve and exceed their goals in order to obtain whatever it is that they wish to. Unlike grade school, college does not constantly help and remind one of responsibilities; that is the pupil's obligation.

Bishop State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.