El Dorado, KS
Butler Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Butler Community College

Jacob

Well, if I could go back to my former self in high school, I think I would tell the young man that #1 don't worry that you don't know what you want to do with your life, that's what college is about. #2, I would tell the guy that going to class is essential, this WILL directly impact your grades and that I don't care how many people have told you this I'm telling you again. #3, most importantly, HAVE FUN. This is a time of your life that will never come around again. Make every moment count, make good friends, go to parties, date, break-up, LIVE YOUR LIFE!!!!! (Very important, since I am a pretty shy guy)

Butler Community College provides students with many opportunities to help them begin there career path while still in school. To me, as a student that's a bit older than my fellow classmates, this is fantastic. I already feel like I am behind in school and I don't want to fall behind in my career before it has even begun.

Football. Butler Community College is generally the #1 ranked Junior College football program in the nation. It's always a lot of fun going to games, especially since I run the cameras from the media booths!

Lillian

Butler is a very friendly and encouraging school.

Butler is a very friendly and encouraging school.

Butler is known for having good classes to take before heading off to a 4 year university or even just to get your liberal arts degree.

I would have told myself to not worry so much about what I wanted to do after I graduated high school. During college I've had time to figure out what I've wanted to do and been able to move forward with what I'm going towards.

Cynthia

Dear Self: You think now that your future is going to be bright and rosy in the hands of some man who might want to marry you and take care of you the rest of your life. WRONG! The fact that you are practically a straight-A student and have loads of skills and talents seems to count for nothing. I don't understand why neither you nor any of the influential people in your life have such low expectations for you. You are only 18 and have so much life ahead of you. Forget about being someone's office assistant or wife. Reach deep inside yourself and resurrect the dreams of greatness that you had when you were a little girl! Remember those? You wanted to be a doctor, astronaut, researcher... As you go through college, you will find out all kinds of things about yourself and the world you live in. It will take years of hard work and self-denial but nothing like the years of regret and trying to make up for lost time you will have if you give up on yourself. Now take flight--here's lookin' at YOU, kid!

Skyelyn

I'm a high school senior! Wow! I've made it this far, and I can't wait to pursue a higher education. It all starts by getting my degree, right? Yes. I've decided that I want to become an elementary teacher! I love children, and I want to make a difference and an impact upon the children I teach. But, this all starts with getting the proper education that I need to teach them properly. I need to give myself some advice about what college will be like for me. This isn't going to be a piece of cake. I'm going to need to apply myself to the best of my ability, both on and off my college campus. If I want to do academically well, I'm going to study persistantly, even if it means sacrificing other activities that I love-spending time with my friends, talking hours and hours over the phone, etc. Even though obvious, I've been told that it's vitally important to attend each of my classes. This will help to improve my grades and will also allow me to get to know my fellow classmates. I can't wait!

I wish I would have known a bit more about my school, as far as the extracurricular activites they offered and the ways in which I could have been involved even more.

The most frustrating aspect about the school that I attend is that it is not unified as a whole. Many students come in and out of the classroom to merely get the assigned work done, without any desire to get to know their fellow classmates. I wish this wasn't so! If we could only be unified, I believe our school would boom with even more success.

Casey

Butler Community College, is best known for offering two year degrees in multiple degrees including, Nursing, Health Administrations, Hospitality Managment, Business, and Law. Butler is also astounding in supplying some general education requirement courses for cheaper then the regular price you would have if you went to a university. They are also helpful for transfer students looking to gain some credit courses for less, and also very helpful for supplying information about transferable credits.

High school is different than college in many ways. For example, you have more time in your classes, less strict teachers and the feeling of being responisble for yourself. If I were to go back to my senior self and give advice about college, I would have to say that organization, determination and reliance is the key. Organization is important, because you have to rely on yourself to manage your grades to know where you stand GPA wise, manage time for working on homework as well as work and your social life. Secondly, determination is part of the proces because you have to want a better life for yourself. College is hard and it takes alot of patience and determination to get through the schooling. Reliance is also important, because you have to rely on yourself as an individual to better your future. The only person holding yourself back in America, is you. America is a land of oppurtunity, rely on yourself to be the best you can be and shoot for the stars.

The kind of person who shouldn't go to Butler is if you are looking to be an communication sciences and disorders major, like I am. I would not apply because Butler does not supply courses in relation to that major. All they have is speech communication degrees, if you want to be a speech pathologist. However, since I am going to be a transfer student, I am in Butler just to take my general education requirements out of the way, than transfering to WSU or OU for my undergraduate and graduate studies.

Melissa

My classmates are enthusiastic learners, with broad backgrounds and rich life experiences ? from the high school student getting a jump start on his college education, to the grandma that has in interest in learning about Vincent Van Gogh.

Hindsight is a funny thing. When looking back on some of my ill-advised educational choices, I sometimes fancy myself as the keynote speaker at my high school graduation. The auditorium is bubbling with the inexperience of youth. I impart these young scholars with tidbits of my wisdom about the college transition. In my mind the speech often reads in this fashion: Graduates, your transition to college will also be a transition to adulthood. Think of the next four years as a lifelong learning excursion; surround yourself with diversity, and you will be rich with experience. The classroom is a place where friendships are forged and opinions about the world will be formed. You will be faced with many challenges, most of all the temptation to procrastinate. Heed my warning; you will save yourself grief by doing your homework in a timely fashion. Use your electives to take some courses that interest you. I personally enjoyed ballroom dancing. And, like the flame of the burnt out candle, your brilliance will fade if you burn the candle at both ends. Take time to ask questions and pace yourself in this journey. Finally have fun; acumen is as important as the diploma.

Anyone seeking an education, whether for entertainment or degree application, should attend Butler County Community College. Butler offers a broad variety of activities and classes to students at all levels. And, the classroom formats that are offered are flexible. There are campuses located in several counties for convenience; in addition, classes are also offered online or through video learning. Because of the variety of classes and flexibility of location, anyone should be able to find a class that is right for him. Butler is a great educational institution for the non-traditional student, like me, or the traditional learner!

Noemi

To the answer the question, I would tell myself a couple different things. The most important being to always set high standards for your self and to never give up on my goal of being a nurse or any goals for that matter. Secondly, I would tell myself to stay well organized; when it comes to assignments due dates , preparing for test, and even personal day to day things that need to be done. Also, I would tell myself to learn how to manage time and money well. Lastly, I would say to myself, ?life as a college will be stressful at times. weather its because of that hard assignment question or those dreadful final weeks, but never forget why your attending college in the first place.?

Butler is a great school any type of person should attend this shool. It is a very well blended with differnt culture backgrounds, traditions and life styles.

The school itself is a great one. I would have to say one of the most fusterateing things about school would be the same as other schools which is the price of its tuition and books.

Rebecca

Going back I would tell myself that college is going to be an amazing experience. The first few weeks away from family will be tough but making new friends will help and then you'll never want to go back home. If you thought high school finals were hard think again. Be prepared to study for weeks on just one final or even just a test. Do not put off studying because even if you could do that in high school you won't be able to in college. Make lots of friends, get to know your teachers and go to every school event that you can. Parties, drinking and drugs don't help you get anywhere and with out them you can still have an awesome time. Discover who you really are and don't let anyone bring you down. College will teach you the good and the bad sides of life but if you keep going it will get better.

Kaylee

I would tell myself to not be afraid and that is is okay to be myself. This is a time where you get to know yourselft and your true talents and wishes. Don't let others hold you back. You can achieve anything that you can set your mind too and it is okay to talk to teachers and to get to know them. If you get to know your teachers, they will get to know you and make the class a lot better to be in.

Butler Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.