San Francisco, CA
California Institute of Integral Studies

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California Institute of Integral Studies

Perla

Although California Institute of Integral Studies(CIIS) is a small school in San Francisco, I have really enjoyed my time there. Although it is a small university, it is located in the downtown area where it is very busy at times and can be somewhat scary walking at night. I am currently in the Expressive Arts Therapy program with a cohort of 14 students. We have had a great relationship with our professors who really listen to our needs. They will adjust the class according to where we are at at times and take the time to make sure we understand what we are learning. Many of the professors will start a class with a checking in to see how we are doing that day and are really genuine and open to different opinions. My cohort has been very supportive of each other whether its helping out with assignments or being there as a friend. I am very thankful for my program however not all programs are the same there are many programs offered at the school.

Christina

I am a PhD Student earning my PhD in Human Sexuality. when completed I will be a certified sex educator, sex therapist, and community advocate. Overall I believe that this is an excellent school. A few drawbacks are the need to be on campus for Academic Intensives, 3 to 4 days, (stay in town during this time) every 6 to 8 weeks. The books are provided through an online bookstore which is convenient. For students who have invisible disabilities there may need to be some self-advocacy to assure needs are met. Other then that, I love this school and would recommend it. There are other great programs here as well, which are very creative artistic and healing

Marshell

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! I feel so blessed to be giving the opportunity to study at this university because it encourages self-growth and finding one's place in society. California of Institute of Integral Studies is not like any ordinary school I feel like I have been exposed the the riches context. Programs at CIIS are transformation experiences and their alternative form of education fosters the opportunity to thrive in the program and in life.

Keng

This student is best for those who are wanting more out of their education that comes from an Eastern persepctive that allows students to be engaged learned instead of the old world style of absorbing text and information for exams.

Make the time to relax and don't be so hard on yourself. Working hard is great, but this is really about you being able to shine and grow the next couple of years. You're really smart, don't ever let anyone tell you differently. Learn to be humble, no one likes someone who is arrogant. When you do speak, speak with integrity, compassion, and humilty. Learn how to listen when other talk; often they are telling you more behind their words so learn how to pick up those messages; don't over analyze either. Be honest, when someone is mistreating you or someone else call them out on it and hold them accountable. People have their annoying habits and quirks learn to look past it and see them for who they are on the inside. Being gay is awesome and you'll find friends here and make a new family for yourself because you're an awesome person. People come in go in our lives; those who leave, be in gratitude of your time with them that's why we have memories and picutres, but the ones who do stay are the ones you want to keep around.

It's a school for those wanting to return to school to complete their Bachelors in a setting that is designed to give students the skills and training they need in an ever-changing world.

When I was a high school senoir I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I enrolled at the local Junior College and registered for general education classes. Three semesters into this I still didn't know what I wanted to do. I felt that I should be in college, but I had no direction, and no drive. Was I taking classes just because I felt like I had to? Twenty years later I am now a Registered Nurse. It took me a while to get to this place, but the path I took led me here. Returning to school after a break has solidified my life and career goals. If I could go back in time and tell my high school self about transitioning into college I would give myself a world of advice. I would tell myself that it is okay to not know what you want. The world is large and there is a lot of opportunity. I would encourage myself to enroll in semesters abroad to get out and to see that world while geting an education, as you may never get another chance.

CIIS takes great value in the individual and sees each person as an integral part of our society. It also takes into consideration one's philosophy, spirituality, and upbringing and what roles theses have in a person's personality.

The bachelor degree program that I am enrolled in is taught in a cohort. You will spend one weekend a month with this group. This program would not be good for someone who likes to keep to themselves or wants to just be given assignments with little interaction with the rest of the class.

California Institute of Integral Studies administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.