Grand Island, NE
Central Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Central Community College

Shelby

I think Central Community College will be an awesome school to go to and I recommend it to anyone. The campus has 24-hour security and if your not safe you can call them and have them walk you to you dorm. They have a variety of food and they have outstanding dorms. Overall I think CCC is a great place to be so I choose Central Community College for Culinary Arts in Hastings.

Morgan

Small school with a great atmosphere for getting in and getting your courses done. Minimal distractions of normal college life. Professors are easy going and open. Campus has nice buildings all linked together so movement within is easy and simple. Need a better option for meals at noon other than snack bar.

Humberto

I really like going to college here but sometimes it feels like there is not enough activities to do on campus. I felt like one of the instructors got annoyed with a student who kept asking questions. I didn't really mind him asking questions. The professor told him he would just give him the code we did in class. This bothered me because he was just trying to understand the concept being taught. My next professor got suspended for the semester for show a meme I didn't really mind it but someone else found it offensive. His replacement was not really prepared to teach our class but we still had fun in that class. He would go way off topic and by the end of 2 class period we would just be taking about something else.

Kate

Central has been a great place for me to take early college entry classes. I took a summer class, and the class sizes were very small, which made the experience great for a first timer. My instructor was responsive to my questions, both in person and through email, which helped give me the confidence to succeed in the class. Overall, I'd recommend CCC for students in high school looking for opportunities to earn college credit.

alexis

I really enjoy Central Community College. It is out of town and there isn't much to do, but the teachers do care. I can joke around and have intellectual conversations with my instructors. The food is really tasty and the Student Union is the place to be. It is a nice place to study between classes and the library is a nice place to get free coffee.

Marlys
Review

It is a great school to start out at! I just wish there were a few more majors.

Review

It is a great school to start out at! I just wish there were a few more majors.

Karen

Since its my first semester in college i really havnt looked into groups or any other clubs on campus but i have heard of a few and i plan on entering the art club and the theater club. Which i really like is art and theater. But other then that i havnt focused much on any clubs or what students do after classes or during the weekends ive just been focused on my major and my classes.

In Central Community College you see a lot of different ethnic groups, there are many african americans, latinos, caucations, etc. Everyone gets along with everyone and the teachers are friendly to everyone also. Also the students there are different in many ways, there are people that come from farms or that come from the city or other places but in this school everything varies many different cultures and race.

Central Community College is known for helping students begin. Whether it is begining their career or begining their bachelor's degree, they work to get their students off to a solid start with a firm academic foundation.

The biggest struggle I had in college as I started right out of high school was not being able to accept that I needed a break and taking the time I needed to be sure of what I wanted to do next. I forced myself to jump right into classes and felt no motivation to succeed. I know now that I could have taken that time to serve with a volunteer organization such as Americorps or allowed myself the opportunity to go on mission trips and really explore what I wanted for my future. If I could speak to myself as a high school senior I would say, "There is more than one path to success. Really work to find and accept what path is right for you and be creative about how to follow that path succesfully and keep moving forward. College is a vital and important step into your future so make sure you are taking the time to know that what you are choosing is what moves you and motivates you. Seek out the support of advisors, counselors and professors. Be open to making your college experience as unique as you are."

I think the worst thing about Central Community College is that it is located in a smaller area of the state. The staff and faculty at CCC really care about the students and work hard for them. I would love to see this kind of energy and care for the students in the larger areas where more students could be helped.

Linsey

If I could go back in time I would wish to go back even further to myself as a high school freshman, but as a high school senior I would tell myself to be frugal with all of the money that you make over the summer and the next few years. In college money it tight and sometimes you don't have any money to spend and every little bit helps. I would also tell myself to study even harder and get even better grades than I did. The biggest thing I think I would tell myself is if you are going to take online classes then you need to be more focus on then and work very hard at accomplishing then early and getting a better overall average on those grades.

I went to the Hastings Campus and the best thing about that campus is their Phi Theta Kappa chapter. I was an active member and an officer. It was a great way to be involved in the campus and it was for Honor Students and that made it even better because it weeded out the party students and the students that did not care. Why it is the best thing about the campus is because out of all the clubs on campus it is the most successful. We win the top Regional awards every year.

The most frustrating thing about the school would be the cafeteria. Most colleges have this problem, but the cafeteria at this campus makes majority of the students want to buy their own food and you have to pay for a meal-plan at the school. Most students waste their money paying for the cafeteria food and the food from the grocery store that they actually eat. The problem is that the students complain about the food and yet the college will not do anything to fix the problem.

Tiffany

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the advice that I would give myself would be to develop good study habits. In high school I never studyied because I was able to get good grades without spending a large amount of time studying. Well, now that I'm in college I have more of a need to study, but I'm also finding it difficult to develop good study habits. But, if I could talk to myself as a high school senior and tell myself that even though I may not feel the need to study now, knowing good study habits in high school will be a huge benefit to me as a college student.

What i brag about most when I tell my friends about by school is that it costs me very little. In fact, with the scholarships I recieved I haven't had to take out any student loans and they helped pay for my books.

Central Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.