Newark, OH
Central Ohio Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Central Ohio Technical College

Allison

My classmates and dedicated, friendly and want to succeed.

My classmates and dedicated, friendly and want to succeed.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to choose a college based on the academic reputation of the school and not choose a school just because my friends are going there. I would tell myself to work hard and apply myself so that I could fulfill all of my career aspirations and be ready for the real world.

The thing that I brag most about when I tell my friends about my school is how amazing the nursing program is and how prepared I will be when I graduate and become a nurse.

Joycelyn

The faculty and student relationship

The faculty and student relationship

I would tell my self to go ahead and finish school because trying to do it with four kids makes the work even harder. then be careful with your credit because it will help you with funds for college in the future.

How small the classes are and the great attention i get fron teachers

Pamela

I would tell myself to stay focused and take all the college prep classes i could that year so i would have a jump start on my career and the load would be much lighter on me in the end for doing so.....I would remind myself that by doing so i could work in the filed of choice and be happy with my job because its what i chose to do but not had to do just for money and a good life..

A person who wants the party scene shouldnt attend this college.....this is a very focused but laid back enviroment and is much different than a huge city college.........

SeAnn

As a high school senior, I was undr the assumption college was not neccessary for me. I was working as a restaurant supervisor and thought i had it easy, the money was good and I worked all the time. If I could go back in time, I would have told myself that going to college will open up my career choices and let me make an informed decision about what exactly my career goals are. I would have said to myself that once you open the doors to the future it is your choice where you go and what you do; the possibilities are endless and not going to school will limit you in your life. The last thing I would have said is, keep an open mind and try new things, don't be afraid to explore all the alternatives that exist for you and have fun!

I love the one on one attention you recieve from the teachers and staff. The school also offers a wide variety of cultural events that help to broaden students ideas about others around them. The tutoring centers are amazing and the help provided is invaluable to all students. The library is brand new and always offers infromational educational programs and also has fun events like gaming nights and hosts many visiting local learning based events.

I feel the information i recieved from the school was all I could have asked for. The admissions staff was very helpful with all aspects of my return to a higher learning enviroment. The financial aid package was all I could ask for also, the school took great care to meet all my questions with the appropriate responses for my transition into this school.

If I could talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself that college is nothing like high school. I would tell my self to get a life, get off the drugs and make something of yourself while you are still young. I would tell myself to not be afraid, people are nice and willing to help you. I would tell myself that I am smart and can do this.

Catherine

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself not to rush into it. High School will have given you so many memories that are irreplacable and nothing will ever compare. College is not as huge of deal as people keep making i to be. Its a lot like going to high school except with more freedoms as well as more responsibilities. I know you tend to stress yourself out over the smallest things because you think they will effect yor life in some super crazy way, but stress in college will just continue to pile on between trying to find jobs in this recession to trying to pay for college and getting your papers turned in on time. Its so hectic! But you will manage. You are a very self-sufficient young woman and you have so many people backing you up and believing in you. Go get 'em!

I think the worst thing about my school is that you do not get to take the summer quarter off like at four year colleges or universities such as Ohio State University. You go year around with two or three week long breaks for Christmas and other holidays of that nature. The reason for going all year around though, is to complete your college career in two years.

A person that is more interested in the typical "college life" should not attend attend this school because you have to be very determined to get through your program on time. Also, this school is in an urban/rural town so it is not the big city life and thereare not fraternities or sororities so there are very few parties, but the campus and student organizations that are on campus do have sponsor many student activities such as Bingo where you can win free prizes.

Timothy

I would just tell myself to study hard don't take things to lightly but still stay positive and have fun, I mean what else is more important than that, oh and also don't ever give up and don't be afraid to ask questions, because somebody will always be willing to help and have answers!

Somebody ready to make a change in there life that is ready to get things done with a nothing can hold me down attitude and expects to live there life to its full potential, and due great things because while being here your dreams are just within your reach and they were ment to be grabbed!! Also this person should seek dedication hard work and perciverance in all that they do for you limits have know boundaries if you truly look ahead at what the future has to offer!!!

Its a great place with great people, everyone is so helpfull and polite, hey not to mention outgoing and cool! The campus is very up to date and all your resources are right at your finger tips!! Its affordable and in a great town and location, living expenses on and off campus are affordable and assistance is easy to get!!!

Central Ohio Technical College has an abundance of resources from tutoring available weekly to academic advisors who are always available to answer my questions.

The level of maturity and discipline that it takes to be successful in your college career can make or break you. You need to have the discipline to go to class everyday and communicate with your professors about any needs or concerns you may have. Utilize all of the resources that your college offers! There will be noone but yourself to make sure you are doing your required assignments, studying at least 1 hr. a day for each class that you are taking, and the most important task-go to class everyday! College can be a very rewarding and enjoyable experience. Knowing the difference of when to go out and enjoy a social life and when you need to stay in and study is key to a successful career in college and beyond!

Katelyn

I would have spent more time with my friends because college life doesn't allow for much free time. I feel that I am constantly studying and furthering my knowledge that weeks go by without spending time with my friends.

I feel that the school is so small that it doesn't offer many different class times.

There is a great student to instructor ratio and instructors offer many hours during the day to help students. There is also a lot of hands on experience.

Rick

I was never a senior in high school and dropped out as a junior. I am kicking myself daily for being a fool. I now want to unleash my artistic talents and develope skills needed to help me be a graphic designer.

Support staff and professor to student ratio is weak.

One who needs plenty of guidence and support to achieve a goal.

Central Ohio Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.