Cincinnati, OH
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cincinnati State Technical and Community College

Imani

you will need a map to go through this school the first time around, but after that it will become familiar to you.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

wonderful selection and varieties of food served in this school.

What are your classes like?

the classes are great! very helpful

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to go to Cincinnati state to further my education and pursue my dream to become a nurse.

diversified groups of people with different ethnic backgrounds and teachings.

very challenging, but I can handle anything!

Stephen

The tuition rate can't be beat, there are many degree options to choose from and the co-op opportunities are fantastic. There is somewhat of a "Jerry Springer" show vibe to a portion of the student body, but over all it's a good place to get an education.

That it's ghetto....and sometimes yes, the student body perpetuates that stereotype.

Sports are pretty popular and the honors society is substantial.

Most come from middle to lower class backgrounds and are hardworking and intelligent. Usually they will be the first in their family to go to college.

The classes are on par with those taught at the bigger universities near by. In some cases they are the same classes given by the same instructors.

There are several things I would tell myself if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior. Since I am not a traditional student, I have often pondered this very question. One of the most significant things I would say is to do what makes you happy. You are the creator of your own destiny, and if you need to ruffle some feathers along the way to get this point across, do so. I would also say life is not easy, but you definitely get out of it what you put in. The only way you're going to succeed in life is to work hard, but most importantly, push yourself even harder through difficult times. Planning and creating goals are going to be the secrets to your success. Also, I would stress to myself the good times wouldn't be meaningful without the bad times, and please try not to sweat the small stuff. Time really does fly, so enjoy every moment you can and be grateful. Lastly, I would say those parties you're planning on going to were not that great, so just crack the books open and study young lady!

I think the biggest concept I wish I would have understood before attending college is the financial aspect. No one ever told me about the details of financial aid, loans, scholarships, etc. I was not informed enough to be signing for loans with agreements and terms I didn't quite understand. It has taken me some time to figure it all out, but now that I have, it has made things less stressful. I also wish advisors would express to students the importance of having goals and reaching them, and making sure they are in the right career for them.

I think the worst thing about my school is the administration does not seem concerned with student success or achievement. It seems like many students are just going through the motions of school with no real goals or plans of action. Lucky for myself, I was able to take control of my college career/goals and now I feel like I have a bright future, even if I did make a few mistakes along the way. Unfortunately, many students drop out or give up because they just feel defeated. The path to success is rarely a straight line.

Catherine

I think Cincinnati State is perfect for those who are putting themselves through college. Its very affordable, but not only that, you still get a great education. The education isn't compromised because its a cheaper school. If your going to college to get an education and not just for the "college experience", then Cincinnati State is a great school.

Frances

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the advice I would give to myself would be to pay the price of discipline and diligence now to be able to play later in life. I would try to cast a vision for myself of how different life can look when you have a vision that you are going after vs. aimlessly wandering through life. I would also speak of the reward of working hard at something that isnt always pleasent, and the satifaction and fulfillment when you reach the other side of that task. I would explain that having a degree doesn't guarentee that you will always have a job, and one that you love, but it instills in you so many other attributes and tools for life that go beyond attaining a job.

During my enrollment process I discovered that there seems to be a unique and good aspect regarding the student body. It seems to be very diverse in age groups, economic status and ethnicity. This is helpful to me as a 44 year old mother just begining her college career.

Since I have not yet begun my educational experience , I can not say that I have discovered a "worst". The only negative aspect that I have encountered so far is that because it is a community college, I am not eligible for certain grants, which increases loan costs.

Natasha

Best Teachers, Tutoring Services, Scholarship Opportunities, Shuttle Bus Service, Good Advisors.

The Advice that I would Give Myself as a Former High School Student is to Begin to Decide upon My Career Goals. I would have told My Fomer High School Student Self to; Discover what Career Path that I want to Pursue. I would have told Myself that I should already know what My Career Path is Prior to Starting College. Also, I would have told My Former High School Student Self to Develop Good Student Habits, while in High School, in order to Prepare Myself for Academic Success upon Starting College. In addition, I would have told My Former High School Student Self, to Learn to Balance School Academics & Social Life now Prior to Starting College. For instance: Extra-Curriculum Activities & Sports, should not be outweighed over your School Academics. In conclusion, I would have told, My Former High School Student Self, to keep an Open Mind. Be willing to Meet New People from Different Cultural Backgrounds & Experiences. Be willing to be a Team Player amongst your Classmates. Peer-to-Peer Study Groups are Very Helpful in College & will even Prepare you for College Group Activities.

kelsey

It's small, and all the credits you get from Cincinnati State will transfer to 4 year colleges, which is nice.

I would tell me that college is an amazing experience, do my work I need to get done to graduate and try my best so I can get the best grades possible. I would also tell myself to get off my butt and get to work, stop slacking off, college isn't as bad as you think, it's a great experience to have. Also, to really think about what I want to go to college for, don't jump the gun.

I think anyone and everyone can attend this school. It has great academics and different clubs. And they have class all throughout the day so if you work in the mornings you can take evening classes or if you work at night you can take morning classes, very flexible

Cincinnati State is a college that anyone at any age with an open schedule or busy schedule can attend and gain the degree they are searching for.

If I could talk to myself back in high school and tell myself something, there is one HUGE thing I'd warn myself about. I thought it would be a great idea to take a year off and save money. I have learned that it was not a good idea at all and that it was much better to jump right into the college life. I would also warn myself about my spending habits and that I would need to change them so I could have enough money saved up. And the last thing I'd tell myself is to apply for scholarships back than and not wait until now to just start. It would probably save myself a lot of time and stress later on.

If a person wants a more dorm type enviornment than Cincinnati State is not for them

Tiffany

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that college life is not just for the people who have it all figured out and that Cincinnati State offers plenty of degree and certificate programs for everyone who is interested in just getting started and that I certainly wouldn't have to make my mind up right then and there about what I want to be when I grow up, just to get started, and explore the options that the school offers.

I wish I had known how easy it is to get started in a degree program. If I had known how easy the process of getting my books, aid, and registering for classes, I would have enrolled years ago.

I don't believe there is a person who should not attend Cincinnati State. In fact, I am proud to say my school offers a solid foundation for everyone who is interested in applying themselves so that one's future can be better. If a person starts their academic studies at Cincinnati State, and finds that they are not ready for school, at least they have a taste of what college is, and can come back when they are ready. The diversity of students and classes offered, along with the low cost, makes my school accessible to everyone.

Rochelle

I would advise to understand research techniques, have good writing skills and know how to take notes what information to write down in a lecture.. Make sure to take college prepardness classes adapt to the new learning skills. It would be advantageous to enroll in as many college level classes as possible while enrolled in high school. Summer school is a plus from the end of ninth grade. General Education in high school classes in summer are accelarated and easier. It also frees up time to complete College prequisite classes. It is very important to visit colleges and have an idea of the profession you are going to experience. Review as many catalogs from colleges of interest to make sure credits are transferrable to other Universities. Schedule visit to speak with a counselor ask any other questions. Gather and complete Financial aid as soon as possible. Research scholarships available. Purchase note cards, laptop, paper, pens, pencils, notebooks, etc. Secure housing and transportation issues.

Cincinnati State Technical and Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.