Cincinnati, OH
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cincinnati State Technical and Community College

Chyrae

As a current student at Cincinnati State Technical College, I am satisfied with choosing this campus. Although it is a community college, there is always opportunities to get involved with campus life, the professors are always accessible, and the overall atmosphere is inviting. I always recommend my school to others.

Isaac

So far so good, very helpful staff

So far so good, very helpful staff

Be your own person! Starting a new school, full of older people is often times scary and it will leave you vulnerable to making bad decisions. Let your heart be your guide. If you know it's wrong, stay away from it! In the mean time, keep your mind away from people who make fun of you because of the clothes you wear, your hair, make up, etc... choose what makes you happy and own it! Those people will be non existent after High School so it's easier to let it all go from the beginning!

Deja
Cincinnnati State the COmmunity that is

Cincinnnati State the COmmunity that is

I thrive on Cincinnati State....As a student who used to come to their mothers classes at CState, I know how great the atmosphere was then and how they are now. Cstate is giving me the opportunity to get experience in my major before I go for my 4yr college. It really helps that all my teachers are great, and that for the next semester I will be able to have the same teacher that I had for my ASL Class this term for the majority of my major courses next semester. I also love the classes in Cstate because of the small class sizes and the since of community that you get from both you cohort and the different age range of student who attend.The only thing that I wish that Cstate would change would be for Cstate to come into the now with the change of technology and get more Ebooks and better printers.

Imani

you will need a map to go through this school the first time around, but after that it will become familiar to you.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

wonderful selection and varieties of food served in this school.

What are your classes like?

the classes are great! very helpful

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to go to Cincinnati state to further my education and pursue my dream to become a nurse.

diversified groups of people with different ethnic backgrounds and teachings.

very challenging, but I can handle anything!

Stephen

The tuition rate can't be beat, there are many degree options to choose from and the co-op opportunities are fantastic. There is somewhat of a "Jerry Springer" show vibe to a portion of the student body, but over all it's a good place to get an education.

That it's ghetto....and sometimes yes, the student body perpetuates that stereotype.

Sports are pretty popular and the honors society is substantial.

Most come from middle to lower class backgrounds and are hardworking and intelligent. Usually they will be the first in their family to go to college.

The classes are on par with those taught at the bigger universities near by. In some cases they are the same classes given by the same instructors.

There are several things I would tell myself if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior. Since I am not a traditional student, I have often pondered this very question. One of the most significant things I would say is to do what makes you happy. You are the creator of your own destiny, and if you need to ruffle some feathers along the way to get this point across, do so. I would also say life is not easy, but you definitely get out of it what you put in. The only way you're going to succeed in life is to work hard, but most importantly, push yourself even harder through difficult times. Planning and creating goals are going to be the secrets to your success. Also, I would stress to myself the good times wouldn't be meaningful without the bad times, and please try not to sweat the small stuff. Time really does fly, so enjoy every moment you can and be grateful. Lastly, I would say those parties you're planning on going to were not that great, so just crack the books open and study young lady!

I think the biggest concept I wish I would have understood before attending college is the financial aspect. No one ever told me about the details of financial aid, loans, scholarships, etc. I was not informed enough to be signing for loans with agreements and terms I didn't quite understand. It has taken me some time to figure it all out, but now that I have, it has made things less stressful. I also wish advisors would express to students the importance of having goals and reaching them, and making sure they are in the right career for them.

I think the worst thing about my school is the administration does not seem concerned with student success or achievement. It seems like many students are just going through the motions of school with no real goals or plans of action. Lucky for myself, I was able to take control of my college career/goals and now I feel like I have a bright future, even if I did make a few mistakes along the way. Unfortunately, many students drop out or give up because they just feel defeated. The path to success is rarely a straight line.

Catherine

I think Cincinnati State is perfect for those who are putting themselves through college. Its very affordable, but not only that, you still get a great education. The education isn't compromised because its a cheaper school. If your going to college to get an education and not just for the "college experience", then Cincinnati State is a great school.

Frances

During my enrollment process I discovered that there seems to be a unique and good aspect regarding the student body. It seems to be very diverse in age groups, economic status and ethnicity. This is helpful to me as a 44 year old mother just begining her college career.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the advice I would give to myself would be to pay the price of discipline and diligence now to be able to play later in life. I would try to cast a vision for myself of how different life can look when you have a vision that you are going after vs. aimlessly wandering through life. I would also speak of the reward of working hard at something that isnt always pleasent, and the satifaction and fulfillment when you reach the other side of that task. I would explain that having a degree doesn't guarentee that you will always have a job, and one that you love, but it instills in you so many other attributes and tools for life that go beyond attaining a job.

Since I have not yet begun my educational experience , I can not say that I have discovered a "worst". The only negative aspect that I have encountered so far is that because it is a community college, I am not eligible for certain grants, which increases loan costs.

Cincinnati State Technical and Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.