Oregon City, OR
Clackamas Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Clackamas Community College

Keith

Clackamas Community College is a safe-haven for those who feel they need to restart. It is a school full of bright and intelligent people. Faculty and classmates alike make this school in particular the best community in all of Clackamas. Where education and tensity walk and smile all around you.

Aksana

My personal opinion is that Clackamas Community college is a great school. To begin with it is extremely affordable, this is the main reason I chose to attend CCC. Another great thing about CCC is the instructors. Not only are they great teachers but they also care for their students and wish to see you succeed. Overall CCC is a great campus, I have always felt safe and important there.

i love the class size because they it is considered a lot of people if there are 40 people in a class. the teachers are also very willing to help you out with questions. i love the dye learning center, they offer computers and very knowledgeable math, science and writing tutors.

Bailey

I highly recommend starting at a community college when making the transition from high school to college. Some people have felt overwhelmed when they have gone from a small high school to large college campus. Typically a community college will offer a nice alternative, while classes are bigger than what they where in high school they aren't so large that the instructor doesn't know you name. I also recommend a community college right out of high school to take the general education classes, as more times then not they are less expensive then the same class that may be offered at a university. By saving money a student is more opt to focus on their grades and education then the financial burden higher education has.

I think the worst thing about this school is the lack of careers students recieve after attending CCC. I wish there was more career opportunities in our neighbors so we did not feel that school was a waste of time for not being able to obtain jobs right away.

I am enrolled in the nursing program at CCC and I highly recommend this program to anyone who wants to work hard and learn about the nursing field. Our nursing program offers diverse clinical placements, high education and staff members who want nothing more than for you to succeed.

Michal

My school is a fantastic steping stone in the journey of students who are working hard to better themselves and/or their current/future careers.

Keep track of important due dates, such as for scholarships, FAFSA, and other school-related applications that take time and thoughtful consideration; however, don't stress over things that are out of your control. Breathe through everything! No matter how hard things might get, you’ll get through them (try not to take 18 credits per term… that might help). Don’t limit yourself just because you come from a different state and don’t know anyone. Stay in contact with the people you left in California, but don’t let doing so get in the way of your making [new] friends in Oregon. Do everything you can to be social, make friends, and enjoy the time that you’re at Clackamas CC because you’ll be there for two years. Jump at the chance to study abroad, even if the idea scares you-- at least you’ll be able to say that you tried! Jump at every opportunity you get. Go to more poetry readings, express yourself and your feelings; write more, read more, do everything related to English more: you love it, so do more of it! Just work hard, have fun, and make the most of everything!

It's a great environment to meet new people, learn what you want to learn at the pace you're comfortable with, and further your education in order to build on your current/future career or further youself as an individual.

Alysa

Lifeless and bored. Many of them are only there so they can save a few bucks and then transfer.

First thing you need to do right now is buy a roller bag. I can assure it will change your entire college experience. You see, I was once like you, naïve to the wonders of a backpack on wheels. I spent my entire first year of college carrying around the burden of education on my back, feeling the weight of responsibility, and dreading the bill from my chiropractor. Till one day I went to Costco and saw this glorious roller bag. It was small, yet powerful and I could almost feel the weight lifting off my shoulders…literally! I couldn’t resist, so I bought it. The following day at school my perspective was transformed. Instead of the constant reminder of how much I had to do weighing down on me, I was free to explore the diversity that college brings, both in my classes and in my community. Now, a roller bag is just a roller bag, and it by itself will not change your college experience. College is still a challenge, but understand that you are entering into an environment where you can take control of what it is you love and, well, roll with it.

The teachers. Most of them have a negative "get in get out" attitude in class and are not helpful.

Zachary

My school provides a good atmosphere, the teachers are helpful, and is a small campus located in a suburban setting.

If you are looking to save money then this would be a good fit.

Susana

Susana I know you are afraid and excited at the same time. You need to remember that you are going to have more responsibilities. College is going to be a scary place, just remember to never give up. Everyone will look at you differently because you won’t fit in. Do as you always have done. Head up, shoulders back and be kind. A lot of people have different dreams and I know you’ve always wanted to do something in the science field but that is just not for you. You will fall in love with the idea of working in the radio and helping people in the community. So don’t waste your time just go into communications. You will love it! YouTube is going to be huge so start doing your videos now. Daddy is still going to be blind and Mom will open her childcare so make sure you balance everything. Money will be a struggle but don’t let that bring you down because you will succeed.

Dante

CCC is a friendly school with accessible campus and approachable professors.

CCC is a friendly school with accessible campus and approachable professors.

If I could go back in time knowing what I know now I would give this advise to my younger self. I would encourage myself to take the classes that I are interesting to me, even a little bit. Education is never wasted and a broad range of exposure to many areas help shape the person you will eventually become. I would also tell myself to go out and get experiences in the world. Branch out from my comfort zone., take the bus to downtown and people watch, explore the world, make friends, make connections, and learn to solve problems.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of funding for programs that once were abundant.

Kristina

If I could go back and talk to myself as a college senior I'd need to have a good, long chat. Hopefully I'd be catching myself at the begining of my senior year and not the end. I'd need to know that my academic advisor didn't have my best interests at heart and that neither did my mother. I would make sure I understand that, when I apply to the California College of Arts and my mother tells me the scholarship won't be enough, I need to call the university and speak with someone who knows what they're talking about. If I still don't go to that school, that will be a choice I can make but no matter where I go, when things go wrong partying is not the answer. I have people in my life that want to support me, and the younger me really needs to let them. There are also people who don't really support me, and the younger me should know who they are before its too late. I'd also warn myself about the dangers of credit cards and student loan debt.

It's close to where I live and has a transfer program with Portland State.

Clackamas Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.