Oregon City, OR
Clackamas Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Clackamas Community College

michael

I would tell myself to get all the financial aid I could. I would tell myself to study as much as possible before college to make it easier when getting to college. I would tell myself to learn to get organized better which will also make things easier in college especially in study habits.

I wished I had found out more about scholarships and grants>

I tell them about the good grades I am getting and how much I have learned.

Kelsie

Taking myself back to senior year of high school I would be sure to tell myself and make it clear that procrastination would not be an option. I would apply for as many scholarships and aid programs as possible and to make sure to do all my registration papers and requirements right away before deadlines arrive. Being prepared would be key to success!

The flexibility of being able to work and attend school full time is the best thing about my school among many others. There is such a wide variety options of when and where you can attend classes to make it easier for you to excel in school. In my situation working full time as well as attending school full time, I am able to take online and hybrid classes to make it possible for me to work towards a degree.

My 2009 school year would have been made a little easier if I was more aware of when to register for school and financial aid. Being the first person in my family to go to college, I did not have any assistance or advice on how to go through the process properly. Unfortunately I missed the opportunity to receive any financial aid because of this but being aware of it now I have made sure to check deadlines and search for financial aid opportunities as much as possible.

My school is small enough so that you can get alot of personal instructor time, so you don't get left behind.

Go involved with "middle ollege", it is a program designed for you to complete your senior requirements, as well as being able to earn college credits. Take your first year of spanish!

Someone who like large impersonal groups.

Natalie

In my mind, my school is best know for the programs offered, especially the nursing program. I think that all the teachers are very good and make it such a plus to attend there. I've learned a lot there and I'm thankful.

Natalie, you know what you want to do, but there are certain steps to get there. Map out clearly what is required. Get the college catalogues and map out what classes you will take and in what order. Give yourself enough time to absorb all you can in the classes. The most important classes you will be taking are Anatomy and Physiology parts 1-3. Make sure not to be over-loaded while taking these. Take all parts of the German series. College is fun and an environment saturated in human wisdom. Don't get too stressed out, as you tend to do. Take everything as it comes and enjoy the experience.

The worst thing about my school is the food at the cafeteria. The quality could be better and the prices, but I work around this by bringing food or driving to a food shop near by.

Letia

My school is best known for implementing renewable energy on the campus, excellent instructors, and great opportunities for students to exceed. Clackamas Community College is constantly improving to become earth-friendly with everything from ecosystem restoration down to recycling. I have had many instructors that are very current in their field and give extra time to individuals as they need it. There are plenty of opportunities for students to get help in tutoring, counseling, and developing strong relationships with fellow classmates.

If I was back in high school, I would have plenty of advice to give myself about study techniques, courses, and time management. First, it is important to learn a few things about how you best retain information. Through much trial and error, I learned that I need to use flash cards more often to memorize information. I learned to ask the instructor for help as soon as I had an issue that would prevent future problems. Secondly, know what courses you have to take to get the degree you want. You will save yourself time and money if you figure this out early. Some courses are only offered certain terms. It is better to sit down with a career advisor and map out your education. Last but not least, time management is critical! This does call for self-discipline. Do your assignments at the same time and same place as soon as you get them. Stay on campus to avoid distractions while completing your assignments. If you are doing a long-term project, make a timeline, and stick to it. College will be enjoyable and successful for you if you implement these practices.

There wasn't much that they missed. I felt like Clackamas Community College does a fabulous job at notifying students of important information. There is always a helpful staff member available to answer questions. The only thing that I wish I had known about before I came was about the student clubs and how they could have played a part of my experience at Clackamas Community College.

Clackamas Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.