Omaha, NE
Clarkson College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Clarkson College

Kimberly

Love this college, I just graduated with my associates degree in radiology technician and plan on going straight for my bachelors degree right away in the same field to include mri, ct scans, mammography and interventional arteriography. The teachers are excellent and readily available either on campus or email.

Clarkson is a truly amazing, friendly, helpful, caring school.

Clarkson is a truly amazing, friendly, helpful, caring school.

I am proud of how far I have come and the choices I have made. Clarkson was my number one choice on my lists of colleges and I strived to accomplish the tasks needed to get here. I still was able to live the life of a highschooler; being a cheerleader and doing other things I loved. I didn't know whether I would like living on campus or not because I am a relitivly shy person and when you first move out of your parents' house it is scary. I would say that I am glad that I live on campus because I have made many new friends and had several opprotunities to do things I have never done before. Clarkson College has helped me grow as a person and I am thankful for making the decision I did and I would not change a thing.

A person who is interested in the medical feild. Clarkson is a medical school, one of the top in the United States. Clarkson is a smaller school and focuses on the success of their students.

If I could go back in time to when I was in highschool I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible. I would tell myself how much money I could save in the long run and how I could actually enjoy my paychecks from career I gain out of college instead of making monthly loan payments. I would also tell myself to go straight to school for nursing and not start as a computer science major because my passion is with helping and taking care of people.

The type of person that should attend this school is someone who is compassionate and wants to help others.

I would definately take the time to read a couple of chapters in the books for each course before the class starts. This gives you an advantage and a head start on reading and understanding the lectures. Also, try to study a little bit each day rather than crunching because you will retain it longer instead of forgetting immediately after the exam.

Rebecca

Clarkson College has been a staple in the Omaha Metro area for the past 120 years, they are best known for the wide range of healthcare related programs that they offer.

If I could travel back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would encourage my former self to transition into college life immediately after high school. I would suggest attending a community college, applying for financial aid, and utilizing scholorships in order to reduce the financial strain on my single-parent home. Advising my former self to become involved in college activities will ease the transition from high school life and will allow them to become familier with the college itself while meeting new friends. A higher education is extremely important and I would suggest researching career paths that are interesting to them, possibly job shadowing someone currently working in this position. Knowing what I know now about college life it would have been extremly beneficial to have had this information as a high school senior.

The most frustrating thing about Clarkson College is the lack of parking. The college is linked to The Nebraska Medical Center so it is a high traffic area without a dedicated parking garage specifically for students.

Shayla

Clarkson is best known for nursing degrees. They also have health business, radiology tech and physical therapy programs. I am in the 4-year traditional BSN program. They have wonderful clinical instructors with many years of experience in the field. There is a skills lab, but most of what we do takes place in a multitude of health care settings, so we get experience working in many areas. I would highly recommend this school to anyone pursuing a BSN, MSN, RT, PT or other program they offer.

Take advantage of every opportunity you can. Stay focused on your goals, apply to many schools, live in a campus setting and pursue your dreams. Take school seriously. Not so seriously that you don't have fun, but you are now gearing up for the rest of your life. Be accountable, be responsible, have integrity and remain true to yourself and others. Many college friends will become lifetime friends, so surround yourself with others striving for success. You are an adult now and how well you do in college sets a precedence for who you will become. Aim high, believe in yourself and always strive to be that person you hope to be. Respect yourself, respect your parents, respect your school and instructors, and above all respect your higher being, for these are the people who will help you achieve great success. FInd and maintain a healthy balance in everything you do throughout college and beyond. That includes: family, friendships, love, church, exercise, nutrition and sleep. College can be a trying and difficult challenge, but tell yourself that you can do it, you can do it well and above all that you are worth it. Because you are worth it!

The professors truly care about our success. Their board passing success rate is in the mid-high 90's because they truly prepare you for the exam. The campus and class sizes are perfect - not too big, not too small. Their apartment-style dorms are amazing and convenient. It is a private school and a little expensive, but you definitely get what you pay for there. Another benefit is that it sits right on the NE Medical Center campus, so there is great opportunity for being hired at a world renowned hospital. Honestly, I love Clarkson College!

Good students who give high quality healthcare. Students who care about thier work and how they treat their patients.

I wish I would have made myself develope better study habbits. In high school I would just study the night before and I would be fine for the test. When you go to Clarkson you need to study more than just once so you retain the information because you academics build on each other and you need to know the things you learned for the rest of your life.

That everything is on campus. The teachers are wonderful and they push you to do your best. The job outlook is great if you are a graduate of clarkson college.

Sasha

Clarkson University is a very small technical school located in Potsdam New York. The school is made up about 3000 undergraduate students and courses offer here ranges from engineering, business, liberal arts to communications. The most popular major Clarkson University is mechanical engineering follow by interdisciplinary engineering and management also known as the IE&M. IE&M is a unique program that combine both engineering and business course. Students that graduated from this program are in high demand because of how versatile the program is.

Clarkson University has all kinds of human race that you can possibly think off, from Indians to Chinese people! Clarkson University has a lot of international students from more than 20 countries. Since my staying here at Clarkson University, I have not encounter any kind of racism and the people here to my knowledge don’t care so much about race or the color of your skin. If you are in Clarkson University, you part of the human race period.

If you want a career after college, this is a school for you.

Not all of these stereotypes about Clarkson University are all true, but I agree that the boys to girls’ ratio at Clarkson University could have been better than what it is today. Also, I will not classified Clarkson university students as geeks but they nine percent of them are pretty smart and more than half of my friend are book worm!

Academic life here is pretty intense and one has to be willing to study hard if he or she wishes to succeed at Clarkson University.

What I like the most about Clarkson university is the fact that all the students that work hard during their academic career leaves Clarkson University with more than two job offer! Also the size of Clarkson University is another plus; the professors get to know you by name instead of by your student number like in other large schools. What drives me crazy here on the other hand is the school’s weather during winter time. It gets so cooled some times that one literally makes ice cube outside in minutes! The food here is not the best one out there and I will strongly recommend getting off meal plan if you can. Not only do you save money, but you also get to cook whatever you like (hopefully heather meals) without any problems.

Some of the stereotypes that I have heard about Clarkson university includes the following -If you are not in Clarkson for an engineering degree, you are just wasting your time -Clarkson University is all male school and their only but a hand full of girls that go to Clarkson University! -Clarkson University is located in the middle of nowhere. Also all of Clarkson university students are all geeks.

Clarkson College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.