Clemson University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Clemson University

In one word, my overall opinion of Clemson University is fantastic! Clemson provides a unique and well-rounded experience. The campus setting is beautiful and the administration is working hard at updating the older areas of the campus. It is a very safe community as well with many emergency phones and the police department is quick to react.

Jaylin

As a rising sophomore attending Clemson University, my experience was a pleasant one, and I will be returning. As far as academics, Clemson has surpassed my expectations. The professors I've had were easy to get along with and seemed to genuinely care. The food offered on campus in the dining halls wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst either. They seemed to listen to the student's requests when it came to serving new styles of food, and that was greatly appreciated. The campus life was fairly open and welcoming.

Chase

When I initially began looking for schools, I wasn't sure what direction I wanted to choose. I had looked at small, liberal arts schools like Wake Forest, to big state schools like Alabama, and each exhibited several characteristics that I wanted in a university. I was looking for a university that had the feel and spirit of a big school, and the close-knit community and relationship of a smaller school. Clemson was the perfect balance I had been looking for. The opportunities students have at Clemson are endless, and there are so many features that make Clemson such an amazing school. The academics can be rigorous, but your professors are there to help you succeed. Saturday’s in the fall are always special with game days where everyone, from alumni to students and staff feel like one big family rooting for the football team. The beautiful campus, numerous intramural sports, clubs, and other groups are the perfect opportunities to meet people with similar interests. Clemson is by no means the perfect school, but it is everything I could’ve wanted, and it is undeniably worth coming up, touring the campus, meeting the students and recognizing why it is one of the greatest schools in the nation.

Natalie

Clemson is a place where you go and never want to leave. I have visited the campus numerous times and each time I have fell in love with it all over again. There is always something going on around campus. I believe it is not only an accredited institution for learning, but is also one that you can be involved with through clubs and organizations. In my opinion, Clemson University is an all around great school on all levels.

Emma

Dear future Clemson Students, If you have a food allergy or if you are a vegetarian, do not come to Clemson University. After 20 years of being alive and feeding myself, I was hospitalized due to improper labelling of food in the CORE dining hall and quite literally almost died. For months now the staff at Clemson has been attempting to isolate me from campus culture and they have successfully done so. I was told today that my only option was to withdraw from my meal plan. Clemson has successfully bullied me out of eating with my friends, firstly out of fear of having a near death experiencing, and secondly by not providing me with a safe alternative. There is a single dining hall section that is"allergy free" but it is located in Schilletter and there is only one option (if you're even lucky enough to get there when there is food over there), and 9 times out of 10 the option is meat based. Putting that aside, if I did decide to be brave and hike all the way across campus to eat, I would have already burned off everything I ate by the time I returned to my dorm. I will not stand by and let future freshman that live on the west side of campus be bullied out of experiencing campus culture. Eating with friends is a huge social experience, especially as a freshman, and not providing students with safe and healthy alternatives is isolating from the Clemson Family. Sincerely, A disappointed Tiger

Hailley

It has always been a dream of mine to attend Clemson University. Whenever I finally got there, I was terrified. As the first few days of classes began, I didn't feel like I was smart enough or that I was going to do well. Clemson is a place that you become comfortable and adjusted to very quickly. After completing a year, I now feel silly for being so scared. I love it and couldn't imagine myself anywhere else. The professors look out for the best interest of their students, the classes are challenging but in a very good way, and the people you pass by walking to class will greet you with a smile. There are plenty of activities to get involved in on campus, so very rarely will you hear anyone say "I'm bored." Clemson is a place that you can put yourself out there and do things you never thought you would.

Courtney

Clemson is a phenomenal school with fantastic students, dedicated teachers, and a surplus of activities to do and clubs to get involved in. I've yet to meet a teacher who don't want their students to succeed or fails to provide resources to help them succeed. There are many tutors available for all subjects at almost any time. The studies are rigorous, but what else can you expect from the top ranked school for sports and studies in South Carolina?

Leigh

Clemson has been more than I ever expected it to be. The advisors are phenomenal, especially in the engineering department, and make scheduling classes and planning majors easy as can be. While there is a pretty big partying scene here, academics are still extremely important to every student. Additionally, there is a place for everyone at Clemson. Tiger Quest showcases hundreds of clubs and extracurriculars that might interest anybody. After your first year, you’ll have your own Clemson family, and will count down the days until you get back to school.

Eric

This is the school I always wanted to go to. I love everything about this school and everyone else does as well. There is a place for everyone to fit in and find their place and it isn't hard to find it. The staff does a really good job of helping you and watching out for you.

Pa-Sweet

I think that Clemson University being located in South Carolina gives it the impression that it’s a strictly republican/conservative-like school. However, this is not true at all. I must admit that I too thought Clemson would be more conservative, even though I have lived in South Carolina for the past few years. Clemson University, surprisingly, is almost the opposite. The amount of cultural diversity and acceptance that exists here at Clemson is remarkable. I say this because it was not until 2012 that I moved from Thailand, and I do not feel at any time, out of place. Everybody is friendly with others, and there is a strong bond over how proud we all are to be tigers. It is impossible to go around campus without seeing students wearing clemson orange. Because of the academic requirements, the atmosphere is unlike that of a high school. Theres a sense of intelligence and dedication in the air. The people you meet are all able to hold intelligent conversations with you also, which is a nice change from talking to people who could care less about education. Clemson University being the best thing about the city of Clemson, there are many nature trails and places to go sight seeing nearby campus to keep you active. The weather is nice almost all year round, however it does get chilly during the winter. The dining hall food at clemson is not the best, but most of the time they produce food that actually has good flavor to it. Another thing that can be said about Clemson is that we recently won the national championship in football so coming here would mean being a part of that legacy that I hope we can live up to for the years to come. Overall I have to say that I am more than happy that I chose to attend Clemson University and I am excited to see what opportunities it brings.

Carrington

I really enjoyed Clemson when I visited.

I am a current freshman at Clemson. Over my first semester, I have transitioned with ease due to the genuine people that make up the campus. All of my professors so far have been easy to reach out to and always respond to my questions or comments in a timely manner. The classes are challenging, but numerous tutoring opportunities are offered. Overall, I feel Clemson was the perfect fit for me.

Jakolby

You don't have to like Clemson football to appreciate how the campus is gorgeous. It's amazing what a historic, large, gorgeous University can do for a small sleepy town. Top notch university, great sports history and tradition, many excellent stores and restaurants near-by. Everyone should check it out. I have made so many memories and life long friends during my time at Clemson.

Mark

My overall opinion of Clemson University is that it is a very solid university and I am content to be a student. Clemson University often reminds me of my previous school, Fort Mill High School. There are plenty of opportunities to strengthen your education and to an active and dynamic individual.

Louis

Here at Clemson the university is very inviting. It's so scenic and stunning that you almost don't want to go to class... but you do because the teachers and learning atmosphere is unmatched. Although class size is large what you learn inside the classrooms is important and the amount of classmates makes it easy to find a study buddy. Outside the class extracurricular life is amazing and I'm already looking forward to intramural sports. Overall it's amazing here!

Sidney

I think Clemson University is a great school; however, it places a giant emphasis on sports, exclusively football. Because of this, it is easy for students participating in other sports, or none at all, to feel represented or cared about in the community. Moreover, the lack of diversity on campus is an overwhelming issue that everyone notices, but no one talks about. As a predominantly white institute, Clemson does not do much to try to recognize and rectify the lack of minority representation in their community, leaving those minority students feeling under-represented, or even forgotten. However, the learning environment is top-notch and gives each student the opportunity to succeed. In my opinion, though, it can be difficult for students to feel comfortable enough to seek academic help or assistance if they don't feel represented in the community, reducing their chances of success. Clemson would be a fantastic school if diversity and inclusivity was their main priority instead of football.

Nina

Clemson is a great school with endless opportunities. The students are happy, smart and active. We are all tied together through by our sports scene but academics comes first. The town of Clemson is nice and it is close to other cities such as Greenville, Spartanburg, Charlotte and Atlanta. If Clemson could work on one thing, it would be the diversity of its student body.

Anna

I am really happy that I went to Clemson University. They have so many opportunities for their students. They have creative inquiries, research opportunities, clubs, and amazing school spirit. However, I do wish the classes were smaller and they provided more parking on campus.

Katherine

I have really enjoyed my overall experience at Clemson University, and love the school. I do admit that there could be improvements made. The general atmosphere of the school is enjoyable and safe, with emphasis of education during the weekdays, and an emphasis on fun and sports over the weekend.

Alura

As a freshman, I haven't been at Clemson long, but I already love most things about it. I love the environment and the people. Everyone is so glad to be here, it creates a fun leisure and academic environment. There's no place I'd rather be than Clemson.

Jasmine

Clemson University is overall a wonderful university but just like any university, it has its flaws. Some of them include the on-campus housing being very old buildings with little to no room for all of your things. The pictures of the rooms online are very misleading. Another flaw is that there is a huge lack of diversity in the student body and faculty. However, a strength is that the facilities like the library and the Academic Success Center are very helpful and the professors are willing to help also and are very motivated.

Brett

Clemson offers the world to students. If you have a passion, even if you don't yet realize what it is, Clemson has something for you. The variety of majors and level of academic excellence present at this school, combined with the extracurricular and social opportunities available, make it a place that anyone can grow to call home. Facilities around campus vary, but the university is currently expanding with new technologically advanced and aesthetically pleasing buildings. The faculty are almost always willing to provide a helping hand, and the students are so supportive of one another. While the area around the university would be considered sparse by many, the small town it resides in becomes a home for everyone. Sports are huge at this school, especially football. A game day in Clemson is something you will never forget. Perhaps the best overall aspect of this university is the fact that it provides the reach and offerings of a large school with the connected and personalized feel of a smaller one. I would gladly recommend Clemson to anyone!

Clemson University is an absolute dream school. I have always wanted to attend and got the amazing opportunity the fall of 2015. I came into this university super nervous, but this place has made me feel at home. I have made so many amazing relationships with other college students and have formed close relationships with my professors. I would recommend this university to anyone.

tiffanie

These is a definite top tier university. Everything about it is very welcoming and helpful and fun. They have a few too many unnecessary fees that they require but that us one of the only cons about going to this school. The teachers are all very helpful and available.

Brooke

After visiting Clemson’s campus my Junior year, I knew that Clemson was my future home. The moment I stepped onto the campus, it was apparent that Clemson was where I was supposed to be. Every person I encountered were so confident that Clemson was by far the best school in the country and they were not afraid to admit it. The professors at Clemson truly do care about their students’ success. They truly are there to help in any way possible and because of their availability, students are not hesitant to ask when help is needed. Clemson is known for their football team, but they are also known as “Home away from home,” and I can attest that Clemson is without a shadow of a doubt, my home away from home. Deciding to attend Clemson was one of the fastest and most confident decision I have ever made, and I am as confident as it gets that choosing Clemson was the best decision of my life.

David

Clemson is a great school but for first-year students, it is a rough road. The parking for students is horrible and the parking services will ticket you all the time if you do not park in the right spot. The classes are extremely hard and some of the professors make the exams word for word to certain powerpoints. The campus is always clean even after the game day, and the campus is filled with friendly faces and new people to meet every day.

Meg

I have loved Clemson from my first day on campus. The Southern culture makes itself known; everyone is extremely friendly and you learn to hold doors really quickly. The school spirit is phenomenal and there is something on campus for everyone to get involved.

Jaysa

Clemson University is a place with HUGE school spirit and is full of a ton of fun things to do, with a nature scene. I would highly recommend getting involved with Greek life, and there is a very fun social scene between parties, bars, and athletics. The kids here have amazing work ethic and are extremely smart.

Alexa

I love my school and just finished my first semester there. I loved my classes, met so many new people, and started to get involved on campus. I love the atmosphere around campus, especially with football season. I cannot wait for the fall when I get to live with my sorority sisters and continue to meet so many more people.

Erica

I enjoy Clemson University a lot. There is a lot of different people and groups on campus. If you want to join in, then you do, if you do not want to, then you do not feel pressured to. I believe Clemson University lets their students be whoever they want to be. I think it is a safe campus, but of course, there will always be crazy parties happening around the town, especially with Greek life.

Julia

Clemson University has it all. There is something for everybody with many intramural sports and clubs to choose from. The atmosphere on and off campus is breathtaking. Everyone is nice and friendly. On game days, downtown is the place to be, and everyone is either in purple or orange.

McKenna

I wish I would have considered my college options more seriously instead of picking Clemson for its football. I live in the shoeboxes and other people don't like it that much, but if you loft your bed its great. The food is okay on good days, just don't catch it on an off day. Besides football, if you're not in a frat or sorority theres not much to do. The academics are super hard. Good luck. You'll be stuck in cooper for most of your week.

Sarah Jane

Clemson is the perfect place to go if you want a small town feel within a large student body. I have felt like I belonged there since my very first day on campus. Whatever your interest is, I would be willing to bet that there is a club or interest group for it, so it is really just a matter of making sure you're getting involved early. I firmly believe that the more you put into it, the more you'll get out, so it's important that you make sure to be willing to make new friends. Clemson's campus is safe and friendly and anyone could be happy there!

I greatly enjoy being a student at Clemson University. Clemson offers both a competitive academic environment as well as a welcoming campus atmosphere. The professors are competent and care about their students' performance in class. The school has many resources that help students find success and fulfillment during their time at the university.

Shelby

Clemson University is a university that will offer a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's a college campus that will give you the best possible interpretation of the college experience, so if you want to experience college in all of it's glory, Clemson is the place for you. Clemson University is a university that is made up of great people. The students all have a common love of the university, and of learning. The professors have a common passion to share knowledge with the students and want their students to succeed. The university itself has all of the credentials, so you can rest assured that your degree will be worth something in the end. Clemson ensures that for whatever hard work you put in, the reward you will receive is double. But perhaps what is greatest about Clemson University, is the kind of person that Clemson will fashion you to be. Clemson's 3 Core Values are honesty, integrity, and respect, and over the course of your tenure at Clemson, they do an excellent job of instilling these three core values in you. Clemson graduates are well-rounded, organized, competent individuals who are capable leaders in their communities and around the world. Their rigorous academics will teach you to organize your time and how to balance many responsibilities at the same time. The college experience that Clemson offers will allow you develop soft-skills and excellent social skills in the workplace, and with people who are both similar to and not similar to you. Clemson academics will also teach you about how you learn things, which is a skill very useful if you enter a progressive field of work. They will give you the toolbox you need to be successful in your field of interest, and will teach you how to work hard in the process. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested. Come experience all that Clemson has to offer, and join us, in our Clemson family. Go Tigers!

Kelly

Clemson University is everything I wanted in a college experience so far. It is challenging academically, the students, faculty, and staff are all super friendly, and there is plenty of stuff to do. Our footbal experience is so fun and so unique, and I love the small town atmosphere. Everything is “go tigers”, everywhere and all the time.

LaToya

I absolutely love Clemson! I have family that worked for Clemson University, so they have always been an interest to me when it came time to apply for colleges. Clemson has a very friendly feeling. Especially during football season, the atmosphere is AMAZING! Clemson is a big family. Downtown Clemson on the weekends is fun and it's very easy to meet new people.

Jaelin

It is a great school with plenty of constructive things to do. The professors are readily available, therr are educational opportunities and geoups to join based on major. The student to professor ratio is adequate which makes learning intriguing and stimulating

Peter

Clemson university is a safe learning environment. Everyone seems to love it here and be a very welcoming group. It seems to be that if you want to do something here they have an opportunity for it, whether that be sports like basketball or football, and even into things such as politics. I love Clemson.

Clemson is overall a great school! The sports scene is very large around here, however there is always a lot of construction going on to improve the sports facilities. Since becoming the National Champions in football twice in the last few years, tours have become larger, and more students are touring.

Lahvatni

I love Clemson University. Clemson University is the best school ever. When you walk on campus, they make you feel like you are their family. I think that I would love to attend this school. When I visited the campus, it meant the world to me. I dreamed of this day since I was a little girl. In addition to this I always dreamed of stepping on that capmus.

Margaret

Clemson University was not my first choice for school, but I have realized, during the course of my studies, that it is the best I could have made. Although it has its faults, such as a lack of diversity within the student body, it has overall been an extremely positive experience for me. I'm never in fear of my property being stolen, or that I might be in danger when I cross campus by myself. I am extremely impressed with the faculty of Clemson, as they're regularly available for the students to contact for help, and do their best to help the students understand the material of the course. On top of this, the staff of Clemson University is incredibly kind and helpful, from the janitors in the dining halls to the kind men who are outside every day blowing the leaves out of the paths of passing students. I never dread going back to school and meeting new people because I know that the southern charm and politeness runs rampant through both the hills of Clemson, South Carolina, but also the students that attend her. I am proud to be a Clemson University student, in name and spirit!

brianna

It’s honestly just so welcoming and even if you don’t know anyone it’s easy to find people who you will enjoy being around. Everyone takes their education very serious while also being able to enjoy college life and have fun. The environment is always safe and comforting.

Alex

It was one of the best decisions I have ever made to come to this school. I feel at home even though I am three hours from my family. Everyone here wants everyone to succeed and thrive of the prime education that is being provided here. I know that the knowledge I will get from my four years here and the connections I will make along the way will set me up for a very nice future in whatever field I choose. The club opportunities are fantastic and there is always something for everyone. If not, you can make a club very easily and spread the word even faster. I love Clemson and I want everyone else to feel the same way I do when they go about college and upper level education!

Clemson has been my favorite school for years, and I can't imagine going anywhere else. I love the campus and the courses, although every college will have that one course or teacher that hardly anyone finds pleasant. The seasons stand out, and there's a beautiful change in the falls and springs. The campus is fairly well laid out, has a variety of scenery, plants, and wildlife. The reflection pond in particular is a great feature on campus, as a central point and as a place to work or meditate. Many of the building are new, with really cool technologies and software available to all students and faculty, and even the older buildings have some nice tech set ups. There are a lot of programs and opportunities for students to get help, from study sessions to tutors, and you're almost guaranteed to succeed in any class if you take advantage of the services and opportunities. Faculty-wise, I've had a couple goofy teachers, but every one of my professors had a passion for their curriculum and were dedicated to teaching as much material as they could to prepare for our careers. Clemson also has one of the largest lists of degrees that I have seen, at least in the STEM fields. They have less common or more complex courses in engineering, such as Biosystems, Biomedical, and Nuclear. Housing is a spectrum quality wise, with Douthit being the newest and feeling like a fancy hotel, to the "shoe boxes" which have no elevators, cramped closets, and are generally old. But most older campuses will have the same situation- big tip here is to apply early, and you're likely to get the best housing options. The food is hit or miss, but better than other campus dining halls I've tried, and there's a good variety of non-dining-hall options to choose from on campus, as well as all of downtown being a just a 20 min walk away. I'm not much for sports personally, but the energy on campus on game day is enough to get me excited and cheering. Orange everywhere, lots of family and food, and happy people all around- it's definitely an experience to witness.

Clemson is an amazing school. The academics are rigorous and the students are a diverse and determined group. The facilities are clean and welcoming. The on-campus housing is good and bad, the older residence halls are dirty and not well-maintained, while the new residence halls are very clean.

carlie

My opinion of the Clemson experience is that I have made the best choice of my life by coming here. I have put my life in the right direction by finding my home in these hills. I have made a life for myself outside of my hometown. I have made a family out of strangers, and a home out of these hills. I believe this because I have never felt as at home anywhere in the world like I have in the last year and a half here at Clemson. I have met people with the same views, and encountered people with opposite views. I have never felt targeted for any of my beliefs or felt in danger at any point. I feel more love from this school and town than I ever could have thought possible. I have made friends from all over the country that care more than my friends from high school. Clemson is a family, and nobody could ever prove to me any different. There is something special at Clemson University that words cannot begin to explain. It is a feeling of belonging for me here, a feeling that not everyone gets to experience. I have not felt the need to change myself for anyone here, except to improve my well being. Clemson is, in its own way, a utopia for me. I do not have to worry about what will become of me once I leave here, at least not yet. While here, I can focus on the moment, I can live for me. When they say college is the best four years of your life, I truly believe that. it is four years of self care towards a better future. It is four years of being perfectly at home here in Clemson. This belief impacts my behavior, choices and actions in life by making me always have a home in Clemson. No matter how long I will be away form college, I will always have a home in these hills. Hopefully all of the people I have met here and love here, will be in my life for a very long time. In the future, I hope and pray that my future children will find a home for themselves in a school like I have done here in Clemson. I will never find a place I this world that make me feel as safe and comfortable as I do here in Clemson. It impacts my behavior by giving me no doubt so far in life. Everything I have ever hoped for has come true so far just by being here. I am completely content with the fact of being in my dream town, with all of my favorite people. I strive every day to live my life happy here in Clemson. If I could stay here forever I would, which is my goal. I hope to be able to come back for grad school, and eventually come back and take a professor position in the agriculture department. One day, I will go from a Clemson student to a Clemson professor; that is the goal for now.

Colin

Clemson is a great school with many great friends from different backgrounds to be found. We challenge each other intellectually, politically, and at times athletically! I recommend any student in the southeast who wants an amazing school close to home to apply to it. It may have its downsides such as its location being relatively secluded and the large campus being somewhat hard to navigate, but I cannot think of a better school to have a complete, nothing lacking, college experience!

Albert

i would love to have the opportunity to attend Clemson because i love the campus and want to play sport as well keep my academic on foucs. im a 3 sport athele. i love where the campus is. also the program they have to offer.

Elle

Clemson University is an excellent school for those who value having a close-knit community with support structures. The transition for out-of-state students like me was smooth with living-learning communities and plenty of start of the year events. There’s plenty of events going on every weekend that don’t involve drinking. Academically, the PAL system, free tutoring, and the academic success center make it so that if you put in the effort, you will succeed.