Clemson University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Clemson University

It is amazing. It is the best school I’ve ever been to. I want everyone to know how amazing it is. Please love Clemson because it’s the best school in the world. Please go there. It is awesome and you will love it. Clemson also has an amazing football team that will crush all of the others.

Addy

It seems really nice I would love to go to in when I am looking for colleges

Madison

Clemson University is an amazing university! There are several diverse clubs to join, ranging from an ultimate frisbee club, to engineers without borders, to the infamous central spirit organization. Every game day, students, alums, and fans from all around gather at Death Valley Stadium, where any and all differences are set aside to watch our National Champions defeat their opponents one by one. Clemson is not only known for their football, but also have amazing engineering, business, and agricultural programs. Overall, with the extensive clubs, sports, and distinguished academics, I don't understand how someone could turn down the Tigers!

Clemson University has been the greatest experience of my life. As a transfer student I came to Clemson Sophomore year from a rough experience at my previous school. Since being at Clemson I have felt at home. I have felt challenged and proud of my accomplishments academically and personally. I feel accepted by my peers and professors and everyone I meet is always friendly and excited to be there. Clemson has been nothing but helpful in guiding me through these past few years and I am beyond excited to become an alumni to such an incredible institution.

Kaitlyn

Clemson University is a dream school for many people and to be accepted into this wonderful school was definitely a dream come true. When it comes to academics, Clemson's curriculum is definitely more challenging than other schools. I'm currently and upcoming sophomore and I can say that my first semester here was very difficult due to the simple fact that I had to adjust to college and their level of difficulty. It's a great school for STEM majors even though they make the work much harder than it needs to be. It's not always the same case for everyone, but it was a challenge for me. Clemson has many extracurriculars and ways to get involved on campus. Their dining hall food could be a tad bit better, but it isn't too bad. Also, the football games are the most exciting on the weekends, considering that we won the National Championship in 2018. The good part is, I would never regret my decision of coming here no matter how hard things get because I know they're only preparing me for the real world and making me a better person! So if you're deciding or thinking about attending Clemson in the future, I would say go for it!

Kiaura

My overall opinion of Clemson University is that I love the school and all it has to offer. When they say, "There's something in those hills." they really mean it as Clemson offers you a family of staff, faculty, and friends you'll never forget.

Sergio

I love the school, and chose it above all others. The campus life is everything that a person would want, which is basically a small world with possibilities. The students are kind, classes are challenging, help is always being provided, and there are many opportunities to advance or have fun on campus.

Skylar

Clemson University is a nationally ranked school and one step onto campus will tell you why. The academic opportunities here are amazing, and the professors are even more amazing. Every where you go you'll see a familiar smiling face. It's a 9/10 in my book.

sam

Clemson University is a very fine school. The campus housing is very good. There is always something going on on campus, some kind of exhibit, program, or the like; many are student lead. Professors seem generally helpful and have regular office hours. The off campus activities leave something to be desired though.

Faris

Clemson University is an excellent place to learn and grow as a person. It is a unique and challenging experience that will prepare me for my future. There is always fun to be had, especially with athletics. The family-friendly atmosphere is perhaps the best part of Clemson, as everyone wants you to be successful in all endeavors.

Hope

After being here for my freshman year, I ca say that this school has lived up to my standards. I came here when I was younger for summer camps and absolutely loved it! Everyone makes you feel welcome and there’s not a time that I don’t feel left out.

Anna

Honestly save your money and go elsewhere! Clemson does not foster intelligent conversation nor intellectual growth whatsoever. The only draw to this university is the football team, but there is no downtown in Clemson and house parties are strictly regulated by police. I transferred after one year here and transferring away from this place was the greatest decision I have ever made!

Ian

Everyone who attends Clemson falls in love with the campus and culture of the university. Academics are taken seriously and Clemson's recognition as a top 25 public school reflects that. Engineering and Business are two of the larger colleges on campus and students in most majors are using top of the line equipment to learn from. Due to increased popularity, Clemson is becoming more and more selective as the applicant pool grows. The prototypical Clemson student is driven academically, very friendly, attractive and invested in athletics in some shape or form (whether it be intramurals or cheering on the football team). About half of the dorms are old and outdated, but they are being upgraded or replaced by the year. The food on campus is above average for college dining hall cuisine nationwide. Overall, Clemson is developing into the Southeast's premiere large university and it is an exciting time to be a part of the Clemson Family for numerous reasons. Every tiger is proud to be one.

CASEY

Clemson is the best choice i could have made for college. It is in a great setting, a small town but close to larger towns there is always something to do on or off campus. I love the students and the professors are good. Its easy to get involved because there is literally something for everyone's interests from the intellectual to the athletic and everything in between, I mean we have a chocolate milk club if that says anything! Clemson is such a balanced school in so many ways, i love the culture here, everyone can just be themselves but we all fit in. I am a second semester freshman and I cant wait to spend the next 3.5 years as a Tiger!

Haley

Overall I really enjoyed my time at Clemson and I felt like I received a great education after my four years of undergrad. Clemson is a sport dominate school so there is a lot of focus in this area especially since Clemson has a great football team.

Kina

I believe Clemson University was very important for my career today. I did very well in college and was well prepared for the current work force. Many of my employers are impressed when I tell the college I attended in undergrad. I would high recommend Clemson University for any Engineering or Computer Science major.

Matthew

I love Clemson and am so happy I came here. The fall semester is so much fun because although the classes during the week are hard, everyone is anticipating the saturday football game at Death Valley. Also, it is very close to a bunch of other states and things to do on the east coast. Overall, my college has a great culture, location, and academic standing.

Matthew

I absolutely love Clemson University. It has a culture that fosters learning, campus involvement, and community. At Clemson, the professors truly care about you and want you to succeed. You peers are all working just as hard as you are and care about how you are doing in the classroom. An old Clemson acronym is GOCAMS. This stands for "Giving Our Clemson All My Support." I love this for a few reasons. The first is because it says "Our Clemson." At Clemson, the University belongs to every student, and every student loves their university. The other reason is because we truly do give Clemson all of our support. Ever Loyal and Go Tigers!

Janna

It is one of the top 10 colleges in the nation. The area that I live in is very devoted to Clemson and the football environment. The college town is quaint and will all the recent national championships that we’ve won, we are able to invest in more infrastructure. Clemson attracts the top academic and athletic students in the state.

Maggie

If sports and school spirit are your thing, then Clemson is great. If your not a football person, the atmosphere is a little weird, especially on game days, when almost everything is closed and orange. You can definitely tell what the school's priorities are when you look at the sparkly new sports facilities and the science buildings that look like the set of a very dated movie. Downtown Clemson is cool, and there's plenty of coffee and restaurants within walking distance.

Angela

I love this place. It is an excellent place to further my education. Challenging, inviting, and full of energy are ways that I can decide my experience thus far. Settled in a quaint South Carolina town, this university includes community with strong academics. Smiling faces welcome you to this place!

Constance

I love the passion and pride that people take in being a Clemson student. Clemson is constantly adapting and changing their campus as technology changes. The university definitely values football, which is awesome. I sometimes wish that they would lend more attention to the school buildings, such as the library or Daniel Hall that need some updating. I love every professor I have had here and love my classmates even more. The professors are always available for any help or advice, and that has been very helpful throughout my time here.

Kamryn

I believe Clemson is a great University that acts as a catalyst by helping students grow educationally. Not only is it a beautiful campus, but it offers numerous opportunities for students to become involved. Clemson reaches out to its students, puts them first, and exhibits a safe campus environment. It is definitely a place where students can learn in a positive way and pursue degrees.

Kayra

Amazing I truly love it. It is beautiful campus, but it is in a small town. There is not much around it everything you need is inside the campus, which is so disappointing. Clemson dorms are nice, but could be better. Clemson faculty are truly kind and admirable.

Katelyn

It is a prestigious university. I am honored & excited to be attending there in the fall of 2019, & I hope that all the great things I’ve heard hold true. During campus visits, I have seen the area & even stopped in with the academic setting. The teacher was engaging & really pushed the students to answer & learn. The sense of community at that college is unreal, & they stay motivated by being a part of the strongest place for academics & athletics in the nation.

samuel

It is a fantastic school. The excellent and somewhat consuming athletic programs do not take anything away from the academics. There is a breadth of programs for all and the academic staff are excellent. The professors are mostly helpful and available.

Matthew

I was very excited to attend this school, but now I'm second guessing moving here. It is just not a great experience for an older student. And it really isn't a very good school for anyone with emotional or psychiatric problems. I just never really feel at home here.

Ariana

If you aren’t from South Carolina do not attend this school. If you like art or any type of fashion and culture do not attend this school. If you don’t have time for Greek life it’s not worth it because you won’t have friends. Overall, Clemson has been horrible for me due to these factors as well as being stranded because it has horrible parking. When people think of bad parking they may think of having difficulty finding a spot near where they’re going. Clemson has students parking miles away from their living places.

Molly

It is the most wonderful school. Every student truly loves their school and radiates tiger pride!! You notice the attitude of the students and the environment it creates the second you step on the campus. The professors are very helpful, and the students love where they are!

Braiden

Clemson is an absolute incredible school to go to and be a part of. There are always plenty of extracurricular activities to get involved in, including on-campus jobs and research opportunities. Many people get involved in greek life and service organizations to interact with different people on campus and serve people off campus. You can always find things to do on the weekends. Clemson is a huge athletic school as well, you will find yourself getting involved and attending games of some sort. Don't forget about academics as well, if you are looking to challenge your intellect to gain adequate knowledge in a particular field of study, Clemson is the right fit for you.

Victoriana

Clemson is overhyped. It can be nice at times, but the food is awful and unless you're rich the housing is too. If sports aren't why you want to go there safe yourself the time and money because that's all the school cares about. It's overpriced. Gets tons of money from alumni, but yet give little back to the students. If you're going to actually learn you're better of at Wofford or Furman.

Clemson is a great school for their Agricultural Program. They are known for helping place their student in employment situations. They cover a wide range of Agricultural Fields and the instructors are excited to teach and instruct their students.

Sydney

I absolutely LOVE Clemson University and I am so glad that I decided to attend this school! The academics are phenomenal, the staff is wonderful, and the whole community is so welcoming. Funny story--Clemson was a school I applied to on a whim. I had no desire to attend the school but after my parents forced me to visit I had a drastic change of heart. An hour after stepping off the plane from visiting I decided to attend Clemson and I put my deposit down right away. I fell in love with the "Clemson family" that they described, and the outstanding nursing program that they offered couldn't be beat by any of the other schools I applied to. I knew, and my parents knew, that Clemson was where I belonged, and I am so grateful that they pushed me to visit. I'm now in my second semester at Clemson and I was actually looking forward to going back after break! I even got to celebrate my first (and hopefully not last!) National Championship win in downtown Clemson with thousands of other Clemson fans--it was a night I will never forget! Overall Clemson is a fantastic school and I wouldn't change my decision to go here even if I could.

Johni

Clemson University is known for being one huge family and I could not agree more. Although it took me a few months to find my place here, I don't think I regret my decision at all. I am a huge sports fan, and Clemson fans are unmatched. Clemson students take pride in their school and you can see that at any sporting event on campus. The brick buildings, the botanical gardens, library bridge, and fort hill all make campus so incredible. There is a huge variety of majors and minors offered at Clemson, anyone is bound to find their place. Many on campus housing buildings have been renovated and there are tons of off campus housing available as well. Overall I love Clemson, and I recommend every high student to at least tour the university!

avery

The school is an amazing thing to be apart of. The campus is very beautiful. The safety there is incredible and there is plenty of ways to get to and from your dorm at all times of the night safely. Also the sports there are obviously amazing and very fun atmosphere.

Grace

Clemson University is amazing. I always feel safe and secure when on campus. The student body is uplifting, supportive, and smart. I have cherished all of the memories I have made at Clemson whether it is in the classroom or watching an awesome football game. Go tigers!

Kyle

Clemson is a very large university that has very much to offer. I enjoyed going to school here but their is a few things I would change. I really did not like the very large class sizes. It made me feel like I wasn't important to the professor and therefore made getting help very difficult.

It is a wonderful school that seems to have a great mixture of academics and a good social aspect as well.

Christopher

I love Clemson University and the college life and atmosphere here. We have hugh support from our community and our state. The football program here is top notch. The coach is not just here for the game but doe his players. He makes sure they put importance on their education and developing into great people. There’s nothing like it anywhere. I am proud to be a Tiger and am so glad I chose Clemson and they chose me.

Sydney

Great school with beautiful campus, friendly students, and very caring faculty. The only reason you will not succeed is if you don't take advantage of the opportunities available. There are many tutoring options available to all students, as well as clubs, and organizations, not to mention we have a fantastic football team. Mental health is also readily available which is a bonus during finals week.

Amoira

I really enjoy Clemson and the people who attend it. It’s always a pleasure to be on campus.I just went back to campus and it reminded me how beautiful the campus is. Most people are incredibly polite and community-oriented. Clemson is a strong academic institution. Student have a great passion for athletics and social life. The lake is beautiful. When I was there, the freshman dorms were freshman dorms, but the dorms are great,

Matthew

It is a school that wants to make money. The school was once seen as prestigious in South Carolina, but now all they care about is money. Clemson is always full of parties and trying to focus on a fun and healthy lifestyle is almost impossible. The upside of the school now is the campus. Where it has some old and new buildings the campus is small enough to travel easily.

Christian

I love Clemson University and am more than excited to go back in the Fall. The professors are wise, helpful and intelligent, and they are always available to help any student any time. The campus is beautiful and well taken care of and the classes are exciting and fun! I love my academic adviser and I love the culture and environment. Campus is safe and I am never worried about getting hurt or into trouble.