Fountain Valley, CA
Coastline Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Coastline Community College

Alexa

I transferred my units over to Coastline community college in 2017 when I moved to Orange County from Los Angeles. The staff made the process very simple and was very transparent with the information they provided while they walked me through the registration process. The academic counseling department is very knowledgeable and really cares about the students at Coastline. The teachers have been very helpful and do a great job at instructing. My experience at Coastline has been very enjoyable and I would recommend this college to students who are pursuing their two year degree or are looking to transfer to a university because Coastline is assisting me with both items quite well.

Tabitha

I am a long distance learner with a goal of transferring to Cal State Chico for their online bachelors degree in Liberal Studies. I have a local community college and I still choose to attend Coastline. I have attended 3 different community colleges and I have never experienced such a student friendly institution. The website is easy to navigate and contains information on any question you might have. If the website didn't answer your question, the friendly staff is always available and very knowledgeable. Classes are plentiful and there are many courses offered through winter and summer as well. Teachers are dedicated, I have not had one bad experience with a teacher. The online class format is very structured and organized with clear expectation. Professors put much emphasis on engaging students in thoughtful conversation, enough so that there is really not much lost when attending an online course versus the in class experience. I encourage all my peers to consider Coastline online classes when I hear stories of their colleges and their administrators and teachers falling short of providing them the tools they need to succeed. Coastline Community College is truly invested in the academic, social, and emotional success of each of it's students.

marc

Its a great school and as a working adult it has been beneficial for me to take their online courses. The professors have been extremely helpful and their knowledge has been invaluable to use not just for the course but in life. For those looking to transfer I would highly recommended them.

Jorge

Well I have graduated from a university. However, this does not mean that I can think any less of this school because it does truly offer great course. For instance, I have joined the Cisco, VMware, CompTIA academy programs and it is no walk in the park. That being said, the classes offers in depth work and give you hands on opportunities instead of theoretically. I can say I have lucked out since I did not imagine myself enjoying so much and I intend to continue learning here even if it is just for fun, since learning is fun especially when it is something you want to know.

inconsistent

inconsistent

I found the professors to be very inconsistent. Many skimmed your work and gave you credit with little effort, then another would expect absolute perfection and never allow goals to be met despite hard work.

Edgar

The worst thing about Coastline is that in my base, Camp Pendleton, they don't offer any on base classes. All the classes I have to take therefore have to be online because there is no staff that is located on base. I prefer to learn by physically interacting with the teachers and asking questions in class. I definitely wouldn't have any dislikes about the school if they addressed this issue for military personnel looking for off duty education on Camp Pendleton.

The school has a vast amount of areas of study. The school is easy to enroll in and even though I have not been to the school physically it has a great online program. It is a mlitary friendly school and has taken alot of my military education and has transferred it into credits. The school facutly is of great help because everytime I have a question and contact them they are of great. Being in the military makes it hard to manage school and get on the right track but Coastline definitely gives me an opportuniy to excel.

Hey Edgar this might sound weird but I am you and am now 25 years old. I'm here to go give you a little bit of college advice that you might not be aware of. You might be thinking why I'm still in school at 25 but learning is continuous and take advantage of all the knowledge you can acquire by going to school. I realize that you are busy with homework and other things but if you have any free time you should devote your time to looking into scholarships. I regret not looking more into scholarships because the money can really help you pay for school necessities such as books, tuition, a laptop, and even help pay for gas since you will be commuting every day. Scholarships will help pay for all of that and you won't have to get a full-time job so you could just focus on school. Don't be naive and if you have questions about how to go about applying for scholarships go talk to a school advisor, he or she can point you in the right direction. Remember, no matter how hard school gets, don't give up.

Kelli

Since all the classes I was enrolled in were distance learning I never got to phyically meet them. However, most of the students were adults with careers or families. There were only a few young adults (18-25) who were with-out a career, and attening college full-time.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, there are many things I would like to say to myself. I would tell myself that high school isn't the center of the universe, and the thing I should concentrate most on is school. In a few years the petey arguments and drama would not matter. I would reminde myself that all hard work, does pay off in the end, so the few extra studying hours would benefit me. It would be a lot easier knowing what I know now, you truely grow as a person when you move away from home and are put into situations you wouldnt normally find yourself in. You appreciate the small things that others have taken the time out to teach you and help you succseed, and its never too late to pursue your goals and aspirations. High school is only a stepping stone of what your life can give you, go dream big and give it all you've got!

The most frusterating thing about my school is the distance education department. Although some teachers were very helpful, others were hard to communicate with and took over a month to update our grades. There wasnt much outside help available from the school, which would have been greatly appreciated !

Lien

I think the kind of person that should attend this school should be academically focused, willing to learn, have the strong desire to change their economic situation, and want to get the best deal for her or his education. Coastline Community College offers flexibility for those individuals who have to work but want to better their economic situation by going to school or returning to school for a higher education. The College is also more affordable compared to the private and large universities.

In life, there are many things that if I had known what I know now, I would have made better decisions on what paths I could have taken. One of these examples is the knowledge of what it is like in college. College life can be fun but at the same time very stressful. The stress is mainly from the competition among the students for good grades and the independence that the college professors expect from the students. Since most of the classes are graded on a curve and most students want to do well, this forces those who want to pass the class to have to keep up with the school work. It is very much analogous to survival of the fittest in college. College can be expensive so making a decision on a career choice early on is important so that time and money are not wasted. The last important thing is creating the habit for independent study because most college professors may be to busy to guide students each step of the way as is the case with high school teachers. Knowing these facts about the college life in high school could help me be more prepared.

Kevin

The worst thing about high school is that they don't teach you how to apply the material you learn. The subject matters and instruction materials are great, but I think a lot of students get really bored and that is just as useful as teaching someone to retain the material for 15 minutes, from the time they step out of the classroom it's considered short memory. If you can apply the principle with the material, then you get the students to engage into thinking how do I apply what I learn to real world applications.

As a high school senior your are considered an adult. You may or may not know your career path, however, I was working under my family business and I knew that running a family business require sacrafice and hard work to succeed. I knew what subject matter I was good at and some I needed to put in extra efforts. Throughout high school I learn how to retain enough material to pass the class, because once I got home I would never pick up the books until the following day in school. We as a family had to work hard to retain a livelyhood , which was something we constantly think about. However, the work ethics from the family business paid off when I was in college, because to maintain a good grade you have to work hard and stay focus to succeed. I was able to apply my business experience with the college level classes. Many things click very quickly, because I was exposed to those areas of material being taught in class. I apply the materials learned to real world applications. If you had working experience in high school it paves the path to real application in classroom experience.

High school is the place you are indoctrinate into an adult. Whether, you realized it or not! Many times when you make a decision it does affect your entire life, because as a young adolescent you tend to pay attention to the funner things instead of the things that would further your career. You live for the moment, you are invincible! Tragic things may or may not happen, but when those moment occurs you realized how precious life is and how much you got to offer to the world. Memorable moments that will last for a lifetime!

Coastline Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.