Coffeyville, KS
Coffeyville Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Coffeyville Community College

Amber

I've met a few people, and for the most part they seem to pleasant. There seems to be a diversity between students.

Start sooner. Do your research. Quit thinking you had to go because that's what people expect. You should go because it'll help you. You will benefit more than anyone else. It may be hard to figure out exactly what you need to do, but as long as you are doing something you are growing.

Cameron

A school that trys to meets the needs of many.

A school that trys to meets the needs of many.

Probably athletic scholarships.

Definitely I would take time to plan my high school career more carefully. I would spend more time studying, and making sure I had a good gpa. Also, I would take more time to try and understand the process of financial aid. I would advise students to spend time looking for scholarships. Take steps to make yourself successful early on.

Nayshona

As a high school senior I should have used my time more wisely. I attended college fairs and what not, but I should have tried to schedule college visits. So that now I am heading towards graduation I would already know what colleges and univerisities I would or would not like to attend. I possibly would not have been so indecisive about my decision and what preferences I desire out of a university. Although I do not regret my decision of attending a community college I should have done my research on the best two year institution. Not only that but I should have paid more attention to deadlines and taken advantage of scholarships suggested to me by my guidance counselors and not have slept on opportunity.

Not having enough money to do enough campus activities where students feel like they are actually doing something constructive with their time or that a college education is worth having. Instead many turn and go back where they come from without obtaining an associates degree. If the resident assistants amd dorm directors actually took an interest in trying to make our college campus a better community for its students I believe it would create a worthwhile environment. Instead on the contrary that is not the case, so I believe that would have to be the worst thing about our school.

Instructors who are coaches that do not show up for classes on occassion. When students actually care about their education faculty and administrators often find reasons to make excuses why they cannot do their job.

Andrea

College is not something to take lightlly it is a responsibility and something to be dedicated too. When you achieve the feeling of finally being able to figure out what you want to do witht the rest of your life is the most fullfilling, accomplished emotions you will feel. Being able to find those answers comes from responsibility and dedication to what you do in school. So more than anything stay focused and driven. Also very important set goals for your self within your college career because for when you accomplish those goals it will help you stay driven and confident.

I came into this college with the understanding that college would be more difficult but with being here it is much easier then expected.

Some one that knows they want to further there education but not confident enough to make a decision on a four year university.

Kaylee

I would tell myself that getting out on your own changes everything. I moved out of my house and into the dorms even though I lived in town. Though I had food, housing, and toilet paper covered by the college, I never realized how much my mom really took care of for me. I used to hand her my laundry, get rides every place, and go dig in our fridge whenever I wanted. It's different now. I have to get places on time without her. I have to fight my own battles without her advice or support. I've realized that even though I had a lot, I took it for granted. I am proud to say though that through learning to handle myself, I have gained more confidence and strength in myself than I had at home. I can honestly say now that I am the person that I have wanted to be for a long time. I have a long way to go to reach my career, but I have only a little ways to go to being who I've fought to be my entire life.

I wish I had known how easy the classes were going to be. I was told that they would be easy, but they are almost as easy as high school classes. The few classes that challenge me are honors classes. They are the only hard ones I have. The easiest I have had are computers and psychology.

I think the worst thing about Coffeyville Community College is living in a small town that doesn't have a whole to do. The college has lots of cool things going on like ball games and plays, but the actual town has little to do except for a pool and skating rink. The funny thing about this is that having very little to do in town actually makes you come up with things to do. You learn to have fun with what you have, and you learn more about what your friends like, too.

Heather

I think what is so unique about Coffeyville Community College is how well the teachers work with the students when they are gone for school activities.

I would tell myself not to worry so much it will all work out. You will meet people that will help you throught the year. Also I would tell myself to form some kind of relationship with the professors because if they like you they will work with you when you are gone for Livestock Judging trips. Last I would tell myself don't take any thing for granted.

I wish I would have known more about how the swing Fridays worked. To a student that never experienced a block schedual in high school, the swing Friday was hard to understand at first.

laura

I would tell myself to work a little harder in class and at my job and also not to worry beacuse it all worked out fine.

The best thing about my school are the many friends that i have made there and the low cost of the school.

I suppose that the only person who shouldnt come to school here is one who should not go to school anywhere because they have no desire to work at it.

Coffeyville Community College is known for their athletic programs and judging teams. All of the activities at Coffeyville are very competitive and are truly supported by all professors, college staff, students, and the community.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself during high school I would have advised me to take ACT prep classes and take the ACT more times than I did. Since I was a good student I felt that since my GPA was so good that ACT examine didn?t really matter. If I would have taken it one more time and hopefully received a higher score I would have been able to get more funding for college. I would have advised myself to learn better study skills and would have taken the harder classes in high school to be more prepared for college. Also I would have advised myself to take duel enrollment classes that counted for both high school and college credit. That would have shortened college and made it a little less expensive. Also if I could have advised myself to apply for as many scholarships as I could, college is very expensive and every little bit you can get truly helps.

Any person seeking an Agriculture Degree should attend Coffeyville Community College. The Agriculture Department here is wonderful and has great professors and advisors. The class size are very small so more one on one interaction with the professors in available. Also anyone who wants to participate in College Meats or Livestock judging teams. We have great coaches and opportunities to be a successful team and make connection with people that will be lifelong references.

Coffeyville Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.