Alameda, CA
College of Alameda

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend College of Alameda

Kevin

The University of California, Riverside, is the most diverse school I have ever attended and I love my education here.

There are several things that I have gotten out of my college experience. First off, I have grown as a person, mentally and independently. My school has helped me grow socially, in which I am more open in social situations. Academically, I have learned to prepare for tests and manage my time. wisely.

The worst thing about my school is that there is no nightlife. As well, the whether is extremely hot all the time.

Gabriel

My classmates are diverse, focused, incisive, highly opinionated, and each one really wants to be there to learn and succeed...

If I went back in time to speak to myself as a high school senior, the first thing I would tell myslef is to save, save, save! College is not cheap. But along with the extra money that could've helped, I would've learned to expense myself and become more financially wise. The second word of advice would be buckle down, do that work, study for those tests, and apply for as many scholarships possible. The third word of advice would be to really inquire further into what I want to achieve after I graduate, where I see myself in the future, and what subject or major am I deeply interested in and passionate about enough to pursue. And fourth and finally, I would tell myself to go for that problem in math that everybody stumbles over, raise your hand when you have an opinion about something in history class, be the person that's bold enough to stand in front of your english class to express ideals, push your mind to acquire, attain, and accomplish in all the knowledge and wisdom your teachers have to share with you, and don't be afraid, everything's gonna be alright.

Well I believe the kind of person that isn't self-determining, focused or motivated should definitely keep distance from this college and any college in general. I say that because college is a very big leap from high school. It isn't like going from elementary school to middle school, or from middle school to high school, because you have to attain independence and responsibility quick, and sometimes you're in it on your own. You would really have to do a lot of maturing and keep your focal point as the drive that leads you to success.

Beverly

I know you?re smart. Everyone?s been telling you how smart you are your entire life. You?ve gone through high school with good grades and have barely studied at all. But college will be a different story. Take advantage of how smart you are and study all the time! Use the gifts that God has given you in order to succeed instead of just wasting them away by having a good time and thinking that you?ll do as well as you always have. It took me a few years to figure that out, and had I known this before going into college I would have had a much more enjoyable experience in the long run. Don?t let the newfound freedom distract you from what you really should be doing. You?re good at being on your own; so there?s no real problem with moving away and living in a dorm, but remember why you?re there in the first place. Use the brain that?s gotten you this far already and STUDY!! Get the grades you know you deserve. Other than that, enjoy every minute.

I think that someone that is not motivated and willing to work hard should not attend school in general. Most schools are fairly similar. They only vary in size and prestige. In the end though, schools are all the same. Places where you go in order to learn and advance yourself. Someone that thinks that schoolwork is too hard or not worth it shouldn't even waste their time. In order to do well in any and all classes you have to be dedicated and motivated enough to endure even the longest and hardest of classes.

I brag about the quality of the teachers in my classes. I never expected that they would be so involved in my life and my academic and career goals. They want me to succeed and help me in any way they can. I don't think that people realize the importance of good teachers until they've had really bad ones. I've gone through my fair share of terrible teachers and having ones that care about me and my success makes all the difference in my success in the class and thereafter.

David

Its best known to help students who have maybe messed up in the past and trying to get to a CSU or a UC. Its known to help get students their AA or their CA. Along with those things it also helps students plan a carrer plan so that they can stay focused and go to their college of their choosing.

I would tell myself to not be lazy and pay attention in class. I would tell myself that I need to get my education to help make life easier for me. I would tell myself that class is boring because I am getting my GE and that is never exciting or fun, so I need to just hold on and continue to go to class even if it is boring. I would tell myself that I need to make better use of my time; I don't need to be chasing girls or having too much fun rather than hitting the books and preparing myself to do well and pass the class. This is the advice I would give to myself as a high school senior.

That I am going to school so I can get a better paying job. My friends and I also brag about our grades and what classes are going to interesting or boring. Sometimes we also brag about the ratio of girls to guys.

I would tell my self to stay at home and go to Community College. I think it was a fantastic choice that I made and I'd absolutely do it again. It gave me a chance to mature before moving away from home and it also gave me a chance to focus on school while still being able to work. I was also able to explore different fields and take experimental classes in order to figure out what I wanted to do with my life without having to take out student loans and feel like I wasted thousands of dollars on useless classes. While in college, I did actually figure out what I want to do with my life, and I was then able to start preparing myself for the future. I tried living on my own, I started training to work toward a career, and I was able to spend valuable time with my very supportive family. I'm very glad I made the choice that I did and would make it again in a heartbeat.

RAINE

The lack of enthusiasm. Not many of the students are encouraged to strive for anything. And so many of them are not serious about thier education. I wish I were surounded in a more encouraging enviornment.

A person that does not have any goals or just wants to go to school for grants or aid or what ever it may be. You are not always expected to walk into college knowing exactly what you want to be, but do not play around.

Deanna

The programs they provide to their student and the time they take to make sure their student reach their goal.

I would tell my self college is nothing like high school it's a big transition. I would say that when you get to college you have no one to remind you to go to class, when you have a exam, when assignments need to be turned in, and no one tell you to go to class. When you are a student in college you really have to take it serious because when you keep failing classes and dropping class you are in school longer. I would also say that you are able to puick what you want your carrer to be and what classes you like to take toward your goal. You have alot of choices in college and in high school you really don't have alot of choices because they make the choices for you. Been in college give you a better chance in life and is a step closer to a better life and more job oppertunity.

I don't hvae anything wrost to say about my school.

Frankie

As a high school senior, I was very arrogant and rash. If I could go back and talk to Frankie Hodge at 18, I would tell her to slow down, to think about things, not to make bad choices. As a senior, I had tumbled through high school, earning less than stellar marks, with little concern for what college I wanted to attend and what I wanted to be as an adult. However, seeing my friends walk the stage without me would only be the first in a series of much-needed blows to the head that brought me to reality. It was never that I did not want to attend college-- it had always been my dream. But I failed to plan every move and act when I should have. If I could go back, I would tell this girl who acted so frequently without thinking, "Work your ass off, kid. Make sure it gets better from here. Plan ahead, because every move you make counts." The last piece of advice I would give her would be to listen to the adults around who are trying to help. Reach out, make an effort, and take their advice.

The best thing about Yuba College is the optimism and the endurance of the students and staff. Just look around Yuba City and Marysville with the high rates of homelessness, joblessness, and poverty and you will see that many students are in an uphill struggle to succeed. It is a bit bleak sometimes, but the people of Yuba College don't give up, and I think that the care and the passion of everyone here is very inspiring.

I suppose it is hard to say what kind of person should not attend Yuba College. This school has people from many different walks of life, and our pursuit of knowledge brings us all together. I guess that if someone does not enjoy connecting with people then maybe they would feel out of place. However, I have seen the most reclusive people come out of their shells, so even then, a withdrawn person could still find themselves very happy in Yuba College.

Danuta

It is a community college, it isn't well known. I do know, that it has a high rate of acceptance to UC Berkeley.

Garland

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not enlist in the Marine Corps right out of high school but instead apply to college. I'd try to convince myself that there are better things to do than to invest four years of my life in the military. That the military is not as glorious as the brochures look and to invest my time in getting into college. The best advice I could give myself would be to not always go for money as it is not the most important thing. Material goods can only bring short term happiness and that being with friends and family would be the real joy. Lastly, I would reiterate the value of education because it was not until I became a Marine that I realized how crucial it was.

The worse thing about this school is that it is only a two year college. This poses a series of problems from not enough courses offered to specific concentrations to lack of fundings. Being in a two year institution also holds a stigma for certain students. The biggest problem however would be the fact that those who attend this college are usually low income and if they were to transfer to a four year college, the cost would become astronomical.

The kind of person that should attend this school should be open minded and ready to branch out. This community college is diverse and has ample opportunities for students to branch out. The campus is located in a beautiful city and is staffed with competent instructors. This institution would be perfect for anyone who wants to get a higher education but cannot afford to go straight into a four year college.

College of Alameda administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.