Glen Ellyn, IL
College of DuPage

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend College of DuPage

Natalie

I would tell myself that just because you test into a class doesnt mean you are ready for that class. I would also say that even though it seems like a class is easy and you are doing good you may be suprised at what classes you get poor grades in and what classes you get higher grades on. Some of my classes I could totally blow off and get an A and other I worked super hard and got a B or C. I would also tell myself to recognize early if you are not gonna pass the class. There is no sense in continuing a class that you have no chance at passing and eventualy it will be to late to withdraw and you will be stuck with that F on your transcript.

Because it is a commuter 2-year school you dont really make many friends. You don't get the typical college experience here. Most students seem to just come for classes and then go home. There are clubs and organizations but the times conflict with class times or are not convenient for when you are in school.

Anyone who is not driven to attend college should not attend here because teachers really leave the work up to you. They don't care if you dont come to class or dont hand in homework. They wont yell at you they will just lower your grade or kick you out of the class.

Matthew

I would tell myself to work harder than ever and study harder than ever to perpare myself. I would manage my time better to get used to college life and thank my teachers for a great 4 years.

I wish I would have known how great of a school it really was and how awesome all the teachers are. I wish I would have known how great all the people were and the awesome opprotunities I have no gained. Now that I do know this I regret no decisons I have made throughout my time at College of DuPage.

I think anyone should attend this school. College of DuPage has so many different types of people which makes it very easy to find people that you get allong with. Just because it is a junior college does not make anyone dumber or smarter than someone who goes to a university. You get challenged in all your classes which will set me up for when I transfer to a university.

Brian

Well now, that is a very loaded question. To be able to go back into time, and speak to my younger, dumber self.. That's a hell of an opportunity. Firstly, I think I would punch myself in the face. Two years ago I was a different individual, a more dislikable individual. I would tell myself that school isn't just another thing your parents put you through because of their wishes. Back then, I didn't quite grasp the fact that doing well in school was something I wanted to do for myself, not for my parents. In addition to that tid-bit of advice, I would proceed to tell myself to prepare to be immersed in a setting of complete strangers, each having a cornucopia of ideas ranging from common-ground (between he/she and myself), to utter "alien-ness." I would also have to add that the transition into college, for it to be smooth, and painless, is best faced with an open mind. The varying perspectives of the many individuals I have met have helped me to not only learn about my peers, but about myself as well, by comparing those ideas/views against my own.

The best thing about my school would have to be its conveniency. Very close to home, and relatively inexpensive.

Unfortunately, I don't have much reason to brag about my school. Community college isn't the most exciting in the world.

Bailey

It is one of the best community colleges.

It is one of the best community colleges.

I would advise myself not to go to such an expensive school. I spent my first year at a 4 year school and the tuition was way high. The classes are exactly the same only the ones I am taking now are cheaper.

A student that should not attend this school is someone that wants to get the campus life. By campus life I mean living in the dorms with roommates and all the good and bad that comes with it.

College of DuPage administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.