College of Western Idaho Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for College of Western Idaho

David

The College of Western Idaho has given me an opportunity that I may not have had elsewhere. It has given me an affordable education that allows me to work at my own pace, but also teaches me how to be responsible and meet deadlines. I am able to do my homework in nearly any environment, from my own home, to the library, and heck, if I can get a Wi-Fi signal there, under a rock. I am being prepared for the real world, and I am going to be pursuing my dream job, to be a sports journalist. Plus, after I have completed my Associates Degree at CWI, I will be able to go to a dedicated four-year anniversary with all of my credits intact. It has saved me thousands of dollars in my education, and all of the faculty and students have been nothing but nice. Overall, my experience at the College of Western Idaho has been one of the most enriching of my life.

Jen

The College of Western Idaho is an amazing college to start out at due to their many major options. The prices are very reasonable, and I can't complain at all about the staff, they have always been promptly responsive. There isn't a thing I would complain about the Liberal Arts Associates Degree.

Annina

College of Western Idaho is an excellent choice for students who are looking only to get an Associates Degree, technical certification, or workforce training. It is not an accredited institution and does not offer on campus housing. There are a few clubs you can join, but they only have a "club fair" once during the semester, and the information for these clubs online is totally inaccurate. Student life isn't a huge priority. However, the academics were the school's redeeming quality. Teachers were, for the most part, knowledgeable and passionate about the subjects they taught, very willing to work with students to make sure they were understanding concepts, and offer help to those who were struggling with the material.

Krystal

Considering it is a community college, I actually rather enjoy CWI. I constantly encourage my younger co-workers to start here as opposed to other state colleges. It is a great opportunity to get your feet wet if you aren't really sure what you want to do in life yet, but still allows you to experience what collegiate expectations are. Not to mention the professors are a stellar group to work with. They are down-to-earth and some of the most inspirational and encouraging people I have ever met. I have changed my major a few times, but the school is supportive in finding my passion and pursing it. I am more than glad that I chose the CWI path.

Skye

I think College of Western Idaho is a fine school, nothing more and nothing less. It provides what you need to get your degree without a detail more. However, I would fail the school if I were to not say that the professors were amazing. They are, and are always available. They are also very flexible so long as you provide apt reasons behind any delay you might experience. There is not much to say about their clubs or sports, but that is to expected as they are not a large school like Boise State University is.

emily

I am only doing online classes right know but it is great. They could make some of the online student resources more linked up together but other than that it is a great place to start you education journey. All the teachers I have are very kind and want to help you when you ask questions.

Spencer

To summarize my schools education program I would say it It gets the job done. People seem to want to better themselves and take their education very seriously. That's what I like about a community college. The extracurricular activities could be better advertised. Instructors should advertise everyday in class to get a ball of a crowd rolling. Reaching out to the top advisers is a pain since they do not respond. I don't like the "upper class".

Tianna

My opinion of the College of Western Idaho is that it is a great school! I did dual-credit classes that were offered through the College of Western Idaho at my high school and I had an awesome experience with that. Now, I am planning on attending CWI in the fall for criminal justice and so far, the staff have been amazing with helping me register and figure out financial aid and everything else.

MIRAKAL

The college is really great. I think that it's a really great place to start your college career and get your foot in the door towards either a four-year school or towards a technical degree. The class sizes are really small no more than thirty people per class and it makes it easy to either get help from the professor or another student. Overall the college experience has been great here and I am enjoying it.

Elissa

Overall, College of Western Idaho has been a great place to learn, grow, and make friends who have similar aspirations. The faculty are helpful and in my opinion take care of the students as best they can. Classroom sizes are small enough that there is more time for academic needs to be met. It is a community college, which means it is an easy environment to be in, and it is an easy way to get your foot in the door while still pursuing goals!

Lillian

N/A

Inna

Very welcoming school with small class sizes. Some classes can be challenging, but that's because the professors want you to learn and do well. Everyone is friendly, from students to faculty and the security guards. Its financially more cost effective. Its a good school.

Chloe

I really like CWI! The students are friendly and the staff members are awesome. The class sizes are reasonable and there is a good student-to-professor ratio. One of the few things I don't like is how spread out the campus is. There are campuses at two locations in Nampa and one in Boise.. Some classes are only offered at one particular location , so it can be tricky registering for classes every semester.

The college of western Idaho was a great place to start my general classes. I chose this school because it was the most affordable option but also had a great turn around rate for their graduates. The school is extremely helpful in getting first time students used to the college life with workshops and student meetings. The students are super friendly and I had an amazing time getting my associates at this school. My favorite part about this school is everyone is very eager to help and overall excited about higher education learning.

Lora

My overall opinion of College of Western Idaho is that it is a great choice after high school because it is a community college that is very cheap. Tuition total for a whole year is nearly $3,500 and in the end for me it will be very helpful. That is because I have many many years of schooling ahead of me so if I can get the first few years paid for and out of the way, I will be able to avoid loans and being in debt.

Maria

College of Western Idaho offers various degrees, some which can be transferable to a different institution. There are different buildings that are focused on certain majors. As for the instructors, the instructors are well-prepared for class and available to help students in-class, email, and office hours.

Angel

This school is great for people looking to get their basic classes before they head over to a university. The teachers and class sizes are great, the classes are not too big and teachers will know you by name. Teachers here are very helpful, have great office hours and if there not in the office, they respond quickly over email. I am currently recommending this school to some friends and family who are thinking about going back to school. Also, this school is very good about helping students get transferred to universities either it be in state or out of state.

Tara

Attending CWI has been an awesome experience. I do better in smaller settings, so the reduced class sizes were a lifesaver!! I also love the discussions held in class; students are encouraged to discuss a variety of relevant issues and approach different situations from as many perspectives as possible. The staff is also amazing. The teachers are so kind and generous. I’ve never felt stupid or insulted after asking a question or requesting feedback.

Jessica-Anna

I LOVED CWI! I graduated in May 2017 and I'm so excited to go on to the next step, they really prepared me for my BA! My teachers were always available during the times they said be, which was more than just class time. And when I graduated they all told us they were available for recommendation letters.

Jayden

It's a nice school that allows for a diverse group of individuals the opportunity to further their education. My experience started in high school, I was able to take concurring credit courses that counted towards my high school and college graduation. It's a cheeper alternative than going to university, however scholarships and financial aid are difficult to acquire.

Elwin

The College of Western Idaho is a great school if you are wanting to further your education due to its low cost. However, it’s like I never left highschool because my first semester was very similar to my last year in highschool. It’s as if me going here is just to get an associates degree and move on, which is ok. If you’re looking for the “college experience” this school isn’t it. If you are looking for a cheap way to start your journey after highschool with amazing teachers, then I highly recommend this school.

Hanan

I like being a student in CWI because the teachers and the student are very friendly over there. and of course, I like to study at CWI because it's cheaper and easier form the other schools that are around my area. CWI has good opportunities for the students to make their life easier by letting them work and study and the same campus. and they are very flexible with their student.

eric

I think CWI is the perfect community college to start at. You have a variety of options to choose from, campus wise for schooling. My teachers are nice, their material is easy to understand. CWI is a great atmosphere for learning and making new friends, and i feel very safe each day i attend class!

Jonni

This is a college who's primary focus is academics. All of the staff is helpful and knowledgeable; they do their best to answer and all questions a student may have. This is a new college, so there are no dorms and Greek life is very limited. Parties are almost non-existent. For young students who wish to get the "college experience," this may not be the college for them. For students looking to seriously further their academic career and study hard to get their degree without extra fluff, this is a great choice. That being said, I have enjoyed my time here so far. It's been a challenge to get connected to the large student population, due to there being 3 different campus locations, but the student to staff ratio really makes up for that.

Caleb

Overall a good bargain for lower division education. However the college is currently expanding, which could greatly increase its capabilities in the near future. Lacking in certain aspects, but makes up for it with well used tuition and quality teachers.

Margaret

I think it is amazing for a community college, and depending on the classes you take you can get close with your peers despite not always being on campus like a university. Plus, there are a wide variety of clubs to join depending on what you like, and are run mostly by students. There is a pretty good art scene with plenty of student art posted around the campus.

Kaylee

I love this school. We are a community college so there is no on campus housing or sports. But there are a hundred or so different clubs and organizations to choose from. The teachers are very personable and take time to get to know the students. This was a great decision for me rather than starting out at a community college. I didn't know what I wanted to do so CWI was the best option because gen ed classes are literally the same at a university but over half the cost. I will graduate with no debt from this school.

Augustin

Good. Lots do do.

Isabella

The College of Western Idaho, also known as C.W.I., is a small, local community college that has centers in three counties. C.W.I. Operates as a testing center, trade school, and college. Their Associate's program funnels directly to the major universities, and over all features paths ranging from personal development to a degree. C.W.I. is the affordable path for everyone in the Treasure Valley and beyond.

Allysa

It is such a friendly and fun campus to be apart of! The advisers are excellent also if you need anything they are on top of it, and usually will get back to you immediately or at the earliest they can. The professors are kind and caring and they will help you with anything that you need.

You get what you pay for. Its a decent college. Its just a two year but that means its cheaper than a university. They have programs so when you are ready to transfer to a university things are easy. I would recommend it to others. The school isn't super high tech but they have all that you need for those first years.

Taia

It's a very good school. It's not a university, it's a community college which is why there is no on campus housing and such. There are many clubs you can join and you really do make friends. Overall it's amazing. The same classes are offered at different times so you're able to fit it into your schedule. The teachers are always ready to help you, and as long as you put in a little effort it's not hard to pass your classes!

Miranda

It is perfect for me. I am able to get the classes that I need for an incredible cost. My professors are so easy to get in touch with, and I feel like they all really want to see me succeed. They give you plenty of opportunities to get involved with your fellow class mates, and they offer so many resources to help you do well in your classes.

Abreeanah

College of Western Idaho is no magical place. It does the bare minimum to keep people coming, but they do it for cheap. 2 year college - No housing, very little clubs/events. I try not to take classes on campus anymore since its kinda lame and no real food access there - so I have been taking online classes, which they do offer a TON OF.

Sara

It is a cheap school with decent education. We get a lot of the same professors as the universities near by and the tuition is half the price. I love going here because the environment is great and all the professors genuinely care about your education. I haven't been in a class about 20 student. It really makes a difference.