Lookout Mountain, GA
Covenant College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Covenant College

Natachia

Natachia, you are a smart young lady and do not be afraid of the world. Your life has been hard trying to help your mother raise your three sisters and working full time at Popeyes. Go to a traditional college and accept everything it has to offer you. One day you will be married and working, so going to school will not be easy and will cause you and your family financial hardship. Education is so important and going to college will make you feel so good inside. If you do not continue your school career in college now, you will probably go back and get your associate's degree, but then you will hunger for more. You will want your bachelor's degree and a master's degree. But, you will not be able to afford going to school because you can not pay the tuition on your salary. Do not be afraid of your education baby girl, the world is your oyster and your education is only the beginning.

Damarise

The best thing about my school is how friendly almost everyone is. Not a lot of people get made fun of here because of the way they dress or look. They certainly don't get harrased because of their race or background. It's so nice!

Covenant is a small campus. Sometimes it can be a pain because there can be a lot of gossip, but it's nice to know almost everyone on the campus and there's a close knit community of people. I also love how willing the teachers are to help their students out with anything no matter how long it may take. I've also made some wonderful and lasting relationships that I know will last the rest of our lives.

Bethany

My classmates are creative, responsible, respectful, fun, hard working, amazing frirends that fear the LORD and are are such a blessing to me.

I believe my school is best known for being the "Castle in the clouds." However, those who are vaugely familar with it know it as a academically rigorous institition that strives to not only have Christ be preimenant in all all things at the college, but to help us, the college's students, to know what that looks like in our everyday lives.

Emma

My school is known for its PCA teachings, its friendly environment, its small teacher/student ratio, its good academic programs, and its beautiful campus. The teachers/staff are very helpful and the students are very close. The students love having fun, but are serious about their education. The school doesn't put up with rule breaking, but seeks to give students good standards to follow. Though the population isn't diverse the school welcomes diversity, and teaches students with a broader picture, while maintaining Christian principles.

Don't be afraid to talk with professors and students and ask them any questions. They are there to help you not to intimidate you. Ask students what classes are best to take and what professors they enjoyed the most to get the best courseload. Get to know people outside your own hall. Find out about clubs and extracurricular activities, because they aren't always mentioned first thing. Research different programs and degrees available if you don't know what you want to study, and if you do, research more about what is offered for your field of study. Visit the campus, it makes all the difference in the world talking face to face with staff and students! Sit in on a couple of classes, chapel, and experience the social life of the students because that will be your world for the next four years. Don't let the inicial price deter you from seeking out financial aid. It may be expensive, but they may have so much to offer you! Ask about the surrounding area and opportunities off-campus. Over-all get to know more about the school so that you can be more prepared.

Someone who cannot put up with PCA teachings and can't abide by Christian principles. Someone who does not take their education seriously, but is only in college for the social "experience." Someone who needs a social place to go off-campus regularly to hang out. Someone who doesn't care for community. Someone who isn't okay with having their ideas and ways of living challenged in new and positive ways in order to make them think more deeply about what they believe and why they believe it.

Victoria

I would encourage myself more about being okay at community college, I had so many peole telling me terrible stories about the college transition, I was so terrified when I first went to community college, afraid of the professors and the students, concerned about not having a good GPA when I was finished with my first semester. Community college was the best route to take on the road toward college you can get all the basic classes out of the way and then if you decided to transfer to a four-year college you just focus on the classes that you need for your degree. I would have been more at peace then on my first day at colllege, able to relax more when doing homework, it wasn't until the end of the semester that I realized how silly it was to have listened to all those people. Now I know I am ready for my next adventure in college.

Michah

The hardest part of college life (and life in general) has been making friendships that last for a long time. Part of this is a result of my moving around so much in middle school and high school. I was always afraid to make good friends and then be hurt when I had to abandon them to move. What I've come to realize is that none of my friendships really get past the surface level of knowing their names and a few trivial details about their lives. I wish I had been at the point where I wasn't afraid of being hurt and actually tried to make longer lasting relationships right away. Now it's junior year, and I'm just now learning my lesson. I also would tell myself to get to know a professor or a couple of professors right away that could mentor me and help me through my college experience and provide a godly model for my profession and my life.

The community -- which is honestly very hard to describe if you haven't experienced it yourself. It's loving -- but not in a gushy sense. The students and staff love each other and hold each other accountable.

The individual who hates community and fellowship with other people. Also, the person who chooses to hate God -- but even then our school seeks to reach out to those individuals. The school does not want a student that is forced to attend, either, by their parents or others because they come in with a bad attitude.

Christiana

If I could give myself advice about college I would be sure to include topics such as worrying, making friends, and studying. Entering college caused me alot of worry and as a senior in high school I was not prepared to be away from my family for long periods of time or be in a situation where I did not know anyone. Many nights I stayed up worrying about the day to come instead of accepting that there are somethings that cannot be changed and rather than worrying about college, enjoy the experience and grow. I also would put an emphasis on making a variety of friends rather than staying with a similar clique than I was a part of in high school. Lastly, I would advise myself as a college freshman to study hard because it is easier to maintain a high GPA rather than try to build one up over the next few years. It is important to do all classwork in the first semester and get a handle/schedule of how to study in college because it is much different than high school.

Students that are involved in activities such as drinking, partying or sexual activities. Students who do not care about their studies or have an active and personal relationship with God should not attend Covenant College.

I love the community at Covenant. The people (whether it is staff or adminstration or students) are all welcoming and friendly. There is a sense of security and trust that surrounds the college. The campus life is also wonderful with spiritual leaders and over 100 organizations for students to be engaged it. The climate is also very warm and the scenery is beautiful!

Zachary

I wish i knew how close the relationships on the hall actually become.

This person must have a solid foundation in their faith and must be willing to work hard for thier grades.

Faith

Besides great academics, hard-working students, and amazing professors - I think we are best known for our community on campus and the influence that we have off campus throughout Chattanooga.

In my college experience, I've learned to be myself, take control and be responsible of my actions. I have learned so much about myself through the amazing counseling program at Covenant. Counseling has not proven to make me weak but it has proven that I have a lot of issues as we all do, but I am here and willing to change my future by learning from my past. My experience at Covenant has been so valuable to me because I have met the most wonderful people: girls on my hall, helpful people in my class, great guys with purpose-driven attitudes, and inspiring professors with hearts of gold. I am so glad that I chose Covenant College for my first year of college, if I couldn't stay here I would be upset but my experience has only made me stronger.

Covenant College has the most amazing sense of community and the most caring professors/staff. We do not have fraternities or sororities but the dorm halls give us a sense of community that is almost like brothers and sisters. Our school is small enough that you know of a lot of people, but big enough that there are sometimes people that you may want to meet because you've probably never seen them before. Best of all, we have great school spirit and rigorous academics.

kwintin

College has been a wonderful experience for me. I've learned a lot new things that I can carry on to further my career. College to me is very imparative to have on a resume. College is good for learning more and more and networking with your peers. Its amazing how much college can help when you begin to fill out applications for jobs and when they see you have a degree you are more likely to get the job.

Covenant College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.