Arkansas City, KS
Cowley County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cowley County Community College

Chloe

Cowley County Community College is a good starter school. If you are from around the area I would have to say the atmosphere is not anything amazing or outstanding. Cafeteria times are very strange and inconvenient if you have a job that is not on campus. The dorms are not amazing but not terrible. I think the school has a lot to offer if money is an issue. There are many opportunities for students to get involved.

Leslie

Great small town community college. Classes are small which makes it easier to interact with students or have one-on-one time with the instructors. It’s very easy to get involved in clubs and make new friends. The college is also known for it’s great academics and athletic program. Cowley also offers a variety of scholarships for those who are not involved in sports.

Hattie

This isn’t a bad school to get prerequisites completed. I highly encourage this school for anyone in search of in class or flexible hours. They offer on campus, hybrid, or online classes. Their staff are very helpful and the campus is fairly easy to navigate.

Karissa

I love the community and the wide range of classes. It's a wonderful school and it's easy to see why so many of my family and friends have recommended it to me, and why I'll continue to recommend it as well. The advisors and professors are wonderful and make it a priority to work as closely as possible with their students.

Sidney

Cowley College is an excellent choice if you are thinking about continuing you education to the university level. Teachers are always available for any questions you need. Security is always near by and campus life is safe. I have had no problems at this college.

Ashlynn

I am happy that I chose Cowley. My instructors are very helpful and available when I need them. It is a great place to start an education, especially if one is still deciding what to do next. The community is small, which makes me feel very safe, so that I can focus on my education.

Caroline

The stereotype of students is that the students are small town resident. This is very true since many of the students on campus are from the surrounding communities. However, Cowley pushes to promote the diversity of the students on campus as well as push away the stereotypes. The college focuses on the uniqueness and talents of each of the students, encouraging them to break stereotypes and make a difference in their community and in their future.

The most popular groups are the athletic teams, specifically the volleyball team. They have attended Nationals every year for the last four years. However the other group of students that are popular are the theater enthusiast. Cowley is known for their fine arts programs, and puts a large effort into providing quality shows, the best in the area. Students from bother groups support and encourage one another, proving that popularity isn't important, friendship is.

The academics range from easy to difficult. It depends on the major the area of study and the location. Cowley has three campuses, the main one being the location where students are housed and can interact in student activities. When it come to the academics, Cowley focuses on student success and attempts to ensure every student will be successful. That being said, even the more difficult classes are easy to pass since the instructors are available to assist students as well as Cowley's 24 hour tutoring services.

Focus on your coursework more. Study, study, study!

Focus on your coursework more. Study, study, study!

Cowley County Community College is a small school that helps it's students succeed towards thier goals.

Marissa

Does she see me? I stand in the corner. I sit near the door. I try standing beside her. Yet, her eyes never look my way. I sense by looking at her, a feeling of uncertainty. As she walks to her locker, her book bag pulls heavily upon her shoulders. The weight has become a constant reminder of all the things that need her attention. Her planner is full of notes, reminding her of the deadline she soon must meet. Each day crossed off is a day closer to the end of her twelve years of schooling. Will she continue? What will she choose to do? There seem to be so many schools and yet so little money to pay for them. If I could, I would tell her that this is only the beginning. Her life will be full of decisions. Decisions that weigh heavier than any school book, with consequences that will leave their mark. Yet, choosing is the better half of indecision. Deciding brings more relief than staring at the wind. Yet most of all, I would tell her to think of her future, to think of me. To think of how things could someday be.

The need to drive such a long distance to attend classes is difficult. Also, many of its distance educations classes are 12 weeks or less. This is difficult because many of the classes are heavy content courses, that require a lot of reading and homework. Such a short class, makes it difficult to complete such coursework.

I am a student athlete, so one of my greatest concerns in high school was to find a school that I could both afford and like my coach. I spent a lot of time worried that something would go wrong. My biggest fear is that I wouldn't be able to get in, or endure being a student athlete. If I were to talk to someone in the same position, I would tell them that everything would work out and to just concentrate on the only contollable things, athletic and academic performace in high school.

Community Colleges are great for people that are comfortable with new surroundings in the upcoming years. It is a great transition for peopl who are not quite ready for full 4 year school, but are willing to get out of the house without breaking the bank. They are the perfect way to adjust to the college life without putting a lot at risk, and transitioning from the High School to a College lifestyle.

Although I really like my school, the one flaw is that the people attending are still not open enough to accept defferent people. Even though it isn't like High School, it is somewhat similar. Some of the students aren't like this though, but sometimes social cliques find thier way into college regardless.

Cowley County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.