CUNY LaGuardia Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for CUNY LaGuardia Community College

Morhy

In terms of academics, it's great. The school's academic calendar is completely different than the usual CUNY schools, if you're under financial aid, take advantage of taking classes in the 12 week session and the six week session because usually, financial aid doesn't cover the short session in CUNY schools, that's why LaGuardia Community College is completely different and opportunistic for students. Socially, students in LaGuardia aren't formal, they behave equivalent to high school children. When you're in there, it isn't a college experience, it is an extension of high school because students don't know how to be formal. Academically the school is great for students to take advantage of, socially it's terrible.

stanley

I think LaGuardia is one of, if not the most diverse college in CUNY. There is a wide range of different cultures and backgrounds in this college and I think the college does a good job showing this. The teachers are good and most love doing what they do. Overall I think LaGuardia is a good community college.

Antoinette

It's a good school. Nothing bad about it. I enjoy attending. I have took a year off went to different schools and still returned back to this school. It is a great school especially for people who do not know what they want to do yet. It gives you time to think about your future in debt.

Mayra

I like LaGuardia Community College because the professors help you in the classes. They always find a way for you to learn the material.

Savita

This is my third semester at LaGuardia and it is an exceptional college especially the PTK society. LaGuardia is a campus full of resources for any one that is struggling such as the single stop office that provides students with living aid assistance such as food, clothing, metro card. You can always count on LaGuardia for their excellent services!

Gaby

Overall LAGCC is a great place to study especially if you're not sure what you'd like to major in. There are many programs and activities you can get involved in. We have amazing programs like ASAP and College Discovery. We have different events happening every month, career fair, transfer fair.

Kishauna

The institution is a nice one but the administration staff are not helpful. They are either not in the know or simply mislead students. The services that the college offers is fair. The professors I've had so far are thoughtful and tries their best to help us to understand the material as well as how it will relate to us in the real world. No school is perfect, I wouldn't trade my experience. I'm learning some new things and I'm very appreciative.

michelle

I love Lagcc it offers different resources so you can keep on track. People and staff are very kind and willing to help you in anything.

Hansel

I first came to laguardia in 2014 a little scared because I did not know what to expect, but the Laguardia students and faculty made me feel at home with their events and connections. I loved the college events because I got to meat new people and see what the collage could offer me other then academics.

Sabrina

My overall opinion of CUNY LaGuardia Community College is it one of the best community colleges in New York City. As an incoming freshman it's hard to pick which college is the best choice for you. I've been to colleges where I felt I belonged and others where I asked myself, what are you doing here? LaGuardia was one of the good ones. Once I got there I knew that I was going to have a good college experience. The professors, faculty, and students were all so open and kind. They are willing to help regardless of how long you have been there. There is always so much going on as well. The faculty is always creating workshops to help with jobs, scholarships, and getting you involved in extra activities. Even though the school is always busy the security guards are always there to help if you have questions or if you get lost, like I have several times. I am glad that I went to LaGuardia for my first years of college because it is a good environment. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for me here.

Tony

Great community college. For the most part, clean facilities, including an excellent on campus library. Lots of smoking near the E and M buildings. There's a food stand every block on campus. Hate that there is high school located smack in the middle of 2 campus buildings. Foot traffic outside buildings is HUGE. There is a fair share of stupid and intellectual students, so no comment there. Overall, if you are fine with commuting to and from campus, live at home, and want to save some money, this is the college to be.

Claudia

The area of the school is nice because it is surrounded by other high schools around. However, there are limited services around school such as restaurants and cafes. Also, the building is too enclosed, when in the building, I feel like there is no open space, making me feel as if it is hard to breathe even though it has small parks in the middle (only in the main building). This is a decent school for ones with a mid-low financial state.

Francisco

LaGuardia is a very diverse community, and that shows in the student as well as the faculty and staff. LaGuardia has such a great diverse staff that each bring a different perspective and vantage point to each situation, and in such a diverse community you need that to be able to deal with the many different background and unique experience that the student deal with in their daily life. There is a lot of support at LaGuardia from teachers to tutors, everyone tries to their best of their ability to help you out as much as possible.

Sukhrob

LaGuardia Community College is relatively small than other big-campus-schools, yet the number of students enrolled to the college is as great as four-year colleges. Class times are very flexible, and the location is convenient to access the city and other major locations. Thus, I think it is an opportune place for always-on-the-go individuals as me. Overall, I consider LaGuardia as a great school to pursue an education: mostly due to caring and helping professors, amicable staff, friendly atmosphere, resources, and multi-ethnicity of students ( students of more than 100 nations study in LaGuardia). Yes, it is small, but the experience of being its student is great!

JIAN WEN

In my opinion, Cuny LaGuardia Community College is quite a good community college because all of the 4 buildings are located near to each other. Besides, professors that I know are very patient and passion in teaching. Furthermore, the security is very good as anyone who needs to get into the buildings need to show their ID cards.

Justin

Great professors, respectful staff members. One of the best aspects of LaGuardia CC is that there's an abundant diversity. The only issue I have is that the location doesn't give off an actual representation of what a college campus should look like because there are only 4 different buildings that LaGuardia owns.

Brandon

I have been very happy with the overall college life. I think Cuny LaGuardia College has been a very good fit for me. The teachers and staff have made navigating through my fist college experience pain free. The campus is very easy to get to and very easy to find your way around. I look forward to completing my first year in college.

Veljko

LaGuardia Community College is a great place to start your journey when it come to learning and advancing with your education. Campus has a lot of activities in side and out side of the school. Students at LaGuardia are really friendly and all of them are there to improve their knowledge and skills. At LaGuardia you don't just attend classes and learn,staff prepares you for the outside world too. How to find a job,they prepare you for the job that you want to do and also help you find the occupation you are interested in.

diamond

I really hate this school so much. The staff in the finance department are no help and you can hardly understand any of the teachers, there's no shops around so its boring when your on break. The food is okay nothing to fuss about. The students are kind and you meat a lot of nice people especially in the saga club. but overall i hate this school, they don't tell you anything until last minute because they just want your money.

jn

I think it is one of the best colleges in Queens with lots of cultural mixes.The college is good and so are the professors. All the staffs are very helpful.

Philippos

I believe that our school, CUNY LaGuardia Community College is the best Community College of CUNY. The most important of all, in my opinion, is that professors are really interested in helping students and they will always try to find some extra time for everyone. Moreover, our school has all the facilities a student may need to study, do research and learn new things!!!

Dianita

I live in Brooklyn, NY. The commute is about an hour. I love the fact that I am able to switch up the trains to get there; it is never the same route to get to my destination. Once I arrive, there is a heaping amount of students every day on the streets; I need a sword and a shield to undergo the many bumps and shoves to get out the way. No worries; I know that we are all trying to get to class. There are new renovations, so it is great to see something different and new in campus. The facilities are actually getting bigger with more space. For example, the library. There are trying to expand their computer resources and make them more readily available for students. The staff tend to be friendly and are always looking for students to progress and get out of their comfort zone, especially if you are in the Honor's Society. As for the student life, everyone is in the books but have the opportunity to venture to numerous clubs and meet and interact with students. Each club have their own protocol and list of fun activities to complete. There is always some goodies, which is always a plus! Speaking of food, it can sometimes be a little bit of a blow; I once ordered a salad and got frozen chicken. It just did not seem fresh. Other than that, they do have snacks available in various amounts of vending machines. They also try students to reuse their water bottles and refill them by using their water stations which I thought that was cool and tech savvy. I do not have to continually buy water bottles. Just a single stop to quench my thirst. My overall rating is that CUNY LaGuardia Community College is a very good place to start for students just out of high school or students that went to college but decided to take some time off. It definitely gives an introduction to what continuing education will be like, and the staff definitely want to prepare all the students. The fact that it is in Long Island City is a plus. It is a long venture for myself, but I get the opportunity to go to the city and have some fun time, which all students need, especially after finals.

Mathanika

I love it, I feel blessed to be apart of such a diverse community. The professors are phenomenal; they want you to be a better person, they push each and every one of their students to strive for great things. The campus itself is very condensed, which isn't a bad thing at all because I get to meet a lot of people.

Denajah

CUNY LaGuardia Community Colleges one of the best colleges when it comes to diversity. There are always students from different parts of the world that offers LaGuardia diversity. As student, you feel welcomed and invited by the students and professors.

Jermain

Its a decent school but wouldn't hurt to have a few more services added to help students, theres no crime here we have police on campus which is a great thing there only on the 1st floor , overall it just needs more services.

Mouhamadou

To begin with, LaGuardia is a really diversity college where you meet people from all races. There are lots of great professors who are passionate about teaching & are great at it. There are so many clubs to join, lots of tasty food options near the school or in the cafe & the campus itself is kept clean.

It is a good community college that offers a wide range of different majors, from arts to culinary and nutrition, to different STEM majors, and writing. There is plenty of accessible help on campus, with nice staff that'll assist you if you need it. I enjoyed my stay here and have nothing mediocre to say to say about this school.

Alexis

CUNY LaGuardia Community College is a amazing school.

Fehim

Katelyn Andrea

It is a great opportunity for those not so wealthy family like me. It is a great help to me, that I am able to go to school because the tuition fee is not too big and there is a FAFSA to help. It is the only chance for a better life for someone like me who only supports herself. I am so much grateful..

Deanna

I hated this school. It was my last minute choice out of high school because the school I wanted to go too was full. this school felt like high school all over again. no one was mature, the teachers barley helped. it seemed though they didn't want to teach and financial aid was a waste of time.

Kenneth

It is a great school with lots of diversity and it offers a lot of opportunities as well. The professors often push the students to aim higher and give them any help or advice that the students may need. The campus has lots of choices when it comes to clubs as well.

Jancalo

It's an okay school, it's not something to be crazy over about, but it has a nice environment, great professors, and students, but you won't always have that in certain classrooms. Personally I never have a problem with anything so I just focus on my studies, do what I have to do and work hard.

Kiara

The School Could be better , i feel like everything is money based. The fasfa office is the worse .

Jermain

Its a decent school that should have more majors avaliable

Camille

Very discipline college. Encourage students to always do well and their best.

Tasha

When I first stepped into LaGuardia Community College, I didn't know what to expect. This was the beginning of my college experience and I was so nervous, but once I spoke to my advisor about classes to take, I was more than excited to begin this journey, and little did I know that there was so much more in store. I have never been to a school that genuinely cares about students' successes and achievements like LaGuardia CC does. If you truly seek out the opportunities available for all students at LaGuardia CC, you will soon realize that there has always been a place for students striving for excellence while getting all the help they can get in order to achieve their goals. LaGuardia CC offers so many opportunities for students to grow academically and professionally, and their motto "Dare to do more" couldn't summarize my experiences and many other students' experiences any better.

ELIZABETH

LaGuardia community college is by far the most diverse, beautiful, spirited community college I have ever been a part of. Going here has made me appreciate my culture and others alot more because of how inclusive the college makes everyone feel. Judging based off the clubs alone, there is a club for everyone and anyone regardless of age, and race and that's what makes LaGuardia the best campus out there.