East Mississippi Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for East Mississippi Community College

Sara

East Mississippi Community College has two campuses. I attend the Mayhew campus which doesn't have any residential housing. My review is based on this campus. The majority of my classes challenged me more than I expected and the professors were always available outside of class. Online classes tended to be a lot easier than the ones in the classroom.

Mason

I feel like East Mississippi Community College is an amazing community college with teachers who seem to love there job and are more than willing to help students with anything they need help with. I find myself growing as a student as I attend EMCC and I strongly believe that it makes an amazing transitional college for anybody who does not feel prepared to go straight to a four year college. I find myself around friendly faces as I walk around the campus as most of the students are pretty nice and easy to talk to. The classes are all incredibly engaging and make you want to learn. I am very glad I decided to attend East Mississippi Community College before moving to a four year college and would encourage every high school student around here to do so as well.

Renee

EMCC is a great college to meet a variety of people, but the only thing I don't like about the school would have to be the football players because they get more better treatment than we do as regular students and people would put the football players on this high throne. I love the environment, I love the people there, I love the teachers, I love the food, I love the night outings, and I love my dorm room. HOWEVER, when you go to the Gilbert Anderson's female residence hall, they have this dorm mother name Ms. Rhonda and she has a bad attitude with people which has people snap back at her because she can be a bit rude. I would advise all college freshmen students to NOT turn off the AC in the Gilbert Anderson Hall because it will make the floor sweat. The females in there are very friendly so there is no bullying, but I really do love this school besides the football and dorm mother. Another thing I don't like about the school is the business office because they get stuff mixed up and they act like they don't know what there doing so make sure you keep track of your stuff please because Ms. Roxxane talks fast so make sure you don't let her mess over you with that student loan because I took out the max and I still don't get textbooks!!!! so just make sure your on top of your money. For all the out-of-state students, please don't come here thinking that this school is going to be affordable because it's not. Local students got it made over there at Scooba because they are residents there so trust me they will not care about out-of-state students unless your on some type of sport team. Overall, just come here and you figure it out yourself. I met the love of my life there at the school so I can't really say the school is bad, but it's bittersweet.

Jazmine

I love our campus , it is a very great environment. The teacher are great , i learn fast and i and i can tel they care . We are able to get help even if our teachers are not available. This is very helpful because I do not feel like i do not have help. I really enjoy college , because i feel like they actually care.

Caroline

I love it! It’s a good place to transition from high school to college. Small classes make it easier to get one on one time with teachers making it great for those who struggle in a classroom setting. The library is a great place to study and the union is the center of student life.

Preston

Great college . I really hope i get accepted because its the only college i feel comfy at

I have had a good experience, east is a good place to start. The teachers are really good and also really helpful. If you go to them they will help you. Because I am at the Mayhew Campus its hard to get involved, and the reason why is its only a commuter. We do not stay on Campus. That is the only thing that I really do not like about east. Also I have learning disability and the school has been really accommodating for me. So over all I am pleased with my school.

Kameshia

EMCC is a pretty cool college. Firstly, you will meet great friends. It is relatively small. No, you will not find friendships like the ones on CLUELESS. Everyone is pretty down to earth, including the instructors. I mean; however, you do still get the high school feeling if you decide to sit out for lunch. Hey, but it is just one big family. The closeness is the best feeling. You will not leave without developing some form of bond, and that is what I like the most.

LaQuandra

East Mississippi Community College is a small college located in a rural town which means the classes are small the biggest class might have 25 people in it. I enjoyed the two years I spent at EMCC and I would do it all over again if had to go back in time.

Rylee

EMCC is the best of both worlds, it has a small town feel and the teachers are very personable and get to know you, and a great teacher/student ratio, but at the same time it offers everything you need and has new expansions that make you excited to be apart of going to EMCC Mayhew campus.

Malerie

East Mississippi is a very good school for giving opportunities to those who have not had the resources to succeed in their earlier education. The advisors are always available and ready to work with any student. On my behalf, I have experienced unbelievable success with the support of the staff, peers, and community of EMCC. There are activities for any type of endeavor the student would like to dive into while starting college. These groups help support and grow a student's education also. Overall EMCC is a wonderful school before going to a university.

Kadaisha

It is a great school to attend. It has awesome resources and numerous of scholarships. The faculty actually care about the students and want them to succeed​.

Breanna

Overall, East Mississippi Community College is a great place to be and a great college to attend. The teachers are very professional, nice, and are good at what they do. They are very understanding and helpful. It is a small college, and I find that I prefer smaller campuses to larger ones.

I loved East Mississippi Community College. It was the first college I went too and they had the best teachers and sweetest staff. I wish they would have had my program and I would have stayed there. Radiologic technology should be added onto the list of programs.

Amiyah

Great school if you’re an athlete, but not good for just regular students. And if you are an athlete, you get more praise by professors and such rather than being a normal student. I feel as if everyone isn’t treated fairly as far as grading when it comes down to it. Athletes have it easy.

Georgia

The school has a bad reputation, but it's not as bad as people say it is. The only complaints I have is their discipline system is very lax. You can get caught cheating and just get a zero on the test (and you can get extra credit to fix it). But god forbid you don't buy a parking pass...then you're in trouble.