Elizabethtown, KY
Elizabethtown Community and Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elizabethtown Community and Technical College

Natasha

I truly believe ECTC has the potential to become a highly sought after school. However, at this point in time much is lacking. This can range from something as simple as smelly rooms to something much larger like academics. I feel as though my education has suffered since my time attending.

ECTC is a great college because it is affordable and convenient for people of any age who want to get their degree. Transferring from the college to another college/university is fairly easy, which is great if you are planning on earning your associate's degree and then a bachelor's. I am really glad I chose ECTC!

Jared

Overall, the school is a very good place to learn. The staff is very helpful and the teachers are very knowledgeable. Feel like I have learned much this semester. I rated them so low on the housing/food because I go to the Springfield campus and they do not have those available to us. But, it is no problem as long as I am learning and I am.

Catherine

ECTC is a great college to attend, if you are not concerned with the "college experience" that includes dorm life and lots of student interaction on campus. I have socialized with only a few of my fellow students, and there is no on campus housing. Students must commute. Most professors are very easy to contact, and they are very willing to help their students with questions. I like that about ECTC. Class sizes are relatively small, allowing the instructor to be able to answer most questions.

Blaine

Awesome Community College to get the first part down before you go to a University. Great because they are connected with WKU...

Deavin

Start to take everything more serious in the beginning of the school year. I could apply for more scholarships and just try harder in general for planning everything out. Also, to apply for every job in town at least once a month. I have applied everywhere multiple times, but only once every 2-3 months; I wish I had tried every single month.

That is just a community college and how I cannot recieve my full bachelors degree there.

That if you need to reset your password or username for there blackboard, you cannot just call them, you have to go to the front office and recieve the information.

Rachelle

Growning up without a family meant I was the only one willing to fight for the things i needed or wanted. I would tell myself to keep fighting beacuse the moment I stop fighting for myself is the moment no one is fighting for me. I would tell myself to dream big and belive in those dreams, because limiting myself to small goals is not only unfair but would also hide so much of who I am and who Im capable of being.

cynthia

I am attending Bluegrass Tech with online classes. At the present time it suits my work schedule and still allows me the time I need to attend to my families needs. I like that I can do my homework at my pace and structure what I need to do around my schedule.

I would have to tell myself, "Just do it!" I look back now and wish I had taken the bull by the horns. I have a daughter in college now and tell her everyday keep going, don't give up when you have a bad grade on a test, don't give up because you have had a bad day. Keep going for your dreams. I wish I could have listened to my parents! I know now how "young and dumb" I really was. I thought I knew I could stay at home and attend the small college, graduate and make a career. I was undecided as to what I really wanted to do. I changed majors, I moved to a big city with a friend, attended a small technical college, got myself a certificate and off in the world I went. I was not satisified until now at the age of 44 when I realized that I should have been more focused. They tried to tell me. Mothers know best as the saying goes and she did and here I am going back to college to be a nurse she tried to tell me to be.

I know when I have fulfilled the current online classes needed for my nursing degree, I will have to move to a different college closer to home. Bluegrass Tech is located in Ellizabethtown which is over 50 miles from my home. I have Campbellsville University 10 minutes from my house, but it is very expensive and I know I will have to take out loans in order to complete my college education.

Brandy

My school is great because I'm given the freedom to take multiple classes to help find what I like best, all while staying at home so I don't go broke in the process.

The area my school is located in is extremely diverse, so it's nice to go to each new class not knowing what to expect about the people I will meet, or about the different personalities I will encounter.

If I were able to go back in time and talk to my senior self, I would tell her to concentrate more on scholarships. My senior year I was accepted to a very good college, and in my excitement, I failed to realize I had no way to pay for that school. If I went back in time I would tell myself to forget about my dream school and concentrate on scholarships for the community college I ended up attending. I thought I would dread settling for community college, but now I'm glad I did. By staying at home and not attending an expensive school, I've been given the chance to save the money I earn at my current job, as opposed to throwing it away on living expenses. I think this would be most important to tell my younger self about college.

Brenda

The college I chose is closely located to where I live.

The college I chose is closely located to where I live.

I graduated almost 25 years ago from high school and thought I would wait a year or so before going to college. I did not realize it would be 25 years later and the loss of a job that would lead me to college. However, if I were to go back to my high school graduation time, I would definitely talk into enrolling before the end of my senior year. I feel it would have been much easier than waiting so many years. I don't regret my choice of a family and career first, but my career may have been a little more stable with a college degree to have given me a better career choice.

The only thing I have found bad about my college campus is the extreme line for the bookstore at the beginning of each semester.

Elizabethtown Community and Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.