Elizabethtown Community and Technical College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Elizabethtown Community and Technical College

ECTC is a great college because it is affordable and convenient for people of any age who want to get their degree. Transferring from the college to another college/university is fairly easy, which is great if you are planning on earning your associate's degree and then a bachelor's. I am really glad I chose ECTC!

Blaine

Awesome Community College to get the first part down before you go to a University. Great because they are connected with WKU.

Catherine

ECTC is a great college to attend, if you are not concerned with the "college experience" that includes dorm life and lots of student interaction on campus. I have socialized with only a few of my fellow students, and there is no on campus housing. Students must commute. Most professors are very easy to contact, and they are very willing to help their students with questions. I like that about ECTC. Class sizes are relatively small, allowing the instructor to be able to answer most questions.

Catherine

Alex

Elizabethtown Community College is a very active college. Since it is a community college, there are less students which make it easier to discuss with the teachers and professors. And with there being less students, bonding is a lot easier. The education is mediocre because it is a community college, but that doesn't downgrade the time that is spent in the classroom. Students have enough time to study and go over with the instructors when they need help.

BriErin

Their online program allows me to have a full time job, but still receive college credits. They have a program with EC3 that allows me to only take college courses while still finishing out high school. They are a fairly well put together college, though they need to work on communication skills about events.

Olivia

Not your typical college life experience but is very inviting and a great way to save money and acquire your basic curriculum classes. Teachers are always willing to help outside of the classroom and work with you. Overall, it's a well rounded school with a safe and enticing environment.

Elizabethtown Community and Technical College is the perfect school for starting out. You can get all the basics there for a really good cost. Most of the professors are adamant about you, as an individual succeeding. They truly have what is best for you in mind and aren't all that concerned with the money. For example, my advisor there let me know when the right time to leave to transfer was because there were still a few classes I could have taken there, but she knew it was in my best interest to go ahead and transfer. They aren't a money-hungry institution, they are people that honestly care.

Tyler

Elizabethtown Community and Technical College provides a wide variety of degree options, challenging classes, and great facilities for its students while maintaining an affordable tuition rate for all. Also, its central location is optimal for students like myself who must commute to class.

Jared

Overall, the school is a very good place to learn. The staff is very helpful and the teachers are very knowledgeable. Feel like I have learned much this semester. I rated them so low on the housing/food because I go to the Springfield campus and they do not have those available to us. But, it is no problem as long as I am learning and I am.

My opinion of this school is very high because I have never had such great and fast assistance with the offices until I began to attend this school. I am originally from California and I attended a school there that was always rushing and never really trying to assist the students but just meet their job requirements. Although when I came to Elizabethtown community and technical college I was happy to know that when I needed help with something as small as directions to a class or help with financial aid they were always waiting with excitement to help me.

The teachers are very helpful and there are a lot of resources to help if you feel like you are falling behind or just need a little extra help. Overall It is a good place to learn, but if you are looking for a school that idolizes sports and has a lot of extracurricular activities you might want to look elsewhere.

Natasha

I truly believe ECTC has the potential to become a highly sought after school. However, at this point in time much is lacking. This can range from something as simple as smelly rooms to something much larger like academics. I feel as though my education has suffered since my time attending.

Brittanie

It's a gorgeous Community College. Everyone makes you feel very welcomed. The campus is very clean and bright! It is one of the nicest Community College's I have seen! I love this campus. The staff is very friendly and helps you with whatever you need.

Wyatt

The Elizabethtown Community and Technical College is one of the many community colleges that make up the KCTCS system. While I value the college's generously cheaper tuition and excessively available aid whether financially or emotionally, I can't help but look at it as a means to an end rather than a dedicated student. To clarify, my academic goal is to graduate with at least a bachelor's in my field of computer science without having any student loans or debt: a task that is gradually proving to be more difficult than I originally anticipated. In order to fulfill my dream, I planned on completing two years at ECTC, gaining an associate's in my field, then taking that experience to a four-year university like Western Kentucky University as a transfer student. This process, though cheaper, leads me anxious to leave the community college and go to the university where my end goal of graduating is. Due to my excitement to move on, I've never established a connection to the community college. Though my current school provides great classes with wonderfully attentive professors, I can't help but look at it as a bridge to where I truly want to be, my promised land of sorts. Elizabethtown Community and Technical College is a wonderful school providing valuable wisdom to thousands of scholars, but I am just a ghost wandering the halls, waiting for my chance to ascend to heaven.

Taleeah

A great school with small class sizes which is great for learning hard material