Avondale, AZ
Estrella Mountain Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Estrella Mountain Community College

Susana

Estrella is a very nice school. It is always clean and I feel extremely safe, with security and police always around. There has only been one teacher who I did not like in two years. For the most part almost all the teachers use Canvas and it's very easy to get a hold of them outside of class.

Savannah

I was quite pleased with EMCC. Most of the teachers seemed to care about teaching us and to teach well. The classes were small, but this was perfect for studying together. I feel like I was well educated here and I enjoyed my time on campus. I would definitely recommend this school at every available opportunity.

Ryan

My overall opinion is this college is extremely great, and is a really good college to go to for new students.

Alexis

The school is clean and staff is nice. The education is high in quality, and the food is mediocre. The school is lacking in sports, clubs, school pride, and extracurricular activities. Most professors seem as though they truly care. The school uses Canvas as a way for students to keep up on assignments, discussions, and events in class. Canvas is very easy to use and it is convenient as well. Overall, I enjoy my experience here at Estrella Mountain Community College.

Karina

Overall EMCC is a great place to take classes here because of the variety of classes this college has to offer. There are always events to get students involved and to meet other fellow students. The professors are always helpful and are almost always available for any questions and concerns. The campus is very peaceful with a lot of helpful resources to succeed in every class.

Natalia

Estrella Mountain Community College is a school that will give the student that tools he or she needs to graduate school. The college has many resources and the staff will do everything they can to help a student succeed in life. Whether it is transferring in state or out of state.

Sidney

Estrella Mountain Community College has been good to me so far! Every teacher I've had has been very kind and helpful. I have homework pretty much every day, but I am able to plan it out well enough that it isn't bothersome (of course, this also depends on your classes and teachers). School was always a big stressor for me, but going here hasn't been so bad. It's generally pretty quiet, so working around campus is super easy and there are a lot of places for you to work alone or in a group. My only complaint is that the other students are not the most energetic bunch. Most people seem pretty shy, but if you have a teacher that keeps the material interesting (a lot of mine did) then you should be fine! If you are able to meet the requirements, you should join the Honors program there. They offer a lot of events and even help pay for your classes. The events are interesting and updated a lot of the time. They really help you get aquanted with the school and you may even make some friends! I'm really enjoying it. If you're looking for a great community college to attend, you won't regret going to Estrella Mountain.

Estrella Mountain Community College has a great environment. People get a long great, the teachers are amazing and the resources on campus are helpful. The mentors are also very helpful in terms of guiding a student in the right direction of where they plan to do.

Tiara

Till this day I remember how I felt at my graduation. As my principal spoke “Congratulations class of 2014” , I just remember feeling like a looser. When I was younger I was known as the smart one. That was my identity, Tiara the smart one. When I entered high school everything changed. I made choices that I’m not proud of and there I sat on graduation day feeling awful because I could not get into ASU. My choices hindered that. Today as an 18 year old, almost done with my first year at a community college I wish I could go back and tell my senior self that things will be ok. I need to stop hating myself for the mistakes I had made, and start loving myself for the future I was going to build for myself. I am now determined, a 4.0 student, and I am happier than ever. I wish I knew then I was not a looser, I was capable of so much more. I just needed the right resources around me.

The best thing at my school is my professors. They truly care, and you can feel the possitive energy as soon as you walk through the classroom door.

If you are lazy and truly want the "easy way out" when it comes to education, then Estrella is not the school for you.

Josue

If I had the amazing opportunity to go back in time, and give advice to myself , I would tell myself to grab a chair, and listen carefully. I would tell myself the following: Education is one of the most important things you can do for yourself, family, and the future ahead. You have to understand that sometimes things seem hard, but do not let things deter you from moving forward, and finishing your education. Most importantly you have to be able to have a burning desire to get through every semester. It will be your obligation to make sure you apply for a great deal of scholarships, financial aid, and apply for a job on campus. Do a extensive research on how to become a better student, and how to use your time properly at all times. Finally, have confidence that you can achieve anything in life, and remember do no quit.

The best thing about Estrella Mountain Community College are all the programs in place to help students to the maximum. Programs such as tutoring, online library, writing center, veteran center, mentor program, and small classes make a tremendous difference in the quality of education that we receive throughout the school year. I truly believe that all the programs create a better education system, and therefore a better future.

I wish I knew how helpful professors were, and how the staff cares about helping the students. I was not sure what to expect about college , but I am extremely happy about the way I get treated, and knowing I am not just another student number in Estrella Mountain Community College.

Estrella Mountain Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.