Avondale, AZ
Estrella Mountain Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Estrella Mountain Community College

lisha

Estrella Mountain has changed my life, and possibly could do the same for you. It's never too late to catch up to your dreams and at EMCC I have done that.

Take your schooling seriously for it will be your future. Take time to understand and choose what you want to go to school for, let it be your passion and something you could dream about everynight. Don't want to go to college for something just because it's good money or because someone thinks it's right for you, dream it, live it and love what your going to do. Know in your heart that its never to late to chase your dream and when you reach it and have it in your hands it will feel like you have just been born.

Cynthia

Estrella Mountain Community college is an avenue for me to learn and grow as a college student before I move on to where I truly desire to go: fashion institute.

If I was given the opportunity to go back in time as a high school senior the advice I would give myself is to recognize that high school is easy compare to college. In college I can use my free will to the maximum. If I wake up in the morning, on any given day, i can choose not to attend my class(es) and not be affected by it. My homework could become secondary to my daily workouts or my favorite tv show. I would tell myself to become a self motivated person if I wasnt already and to use the advantage of my free will to succeed in my classes. I would also give myself the advice that college prepares you for adulthood by teaching me to be responsible, willing and hard working.

Amy

I go to school with a wide array of people that are all different shapes, colors, cultures, education levels, and futures.

If I could go back to my senior year and give myself advice about college I would definately tell myself to become more organized. I would tell me to use planning and organization tools like a weekly planner. I would also advise myself to take better and more detailed notes, because college professors often do not supply the notes but that it is the students responsibility to do the note taking. As for the transition from high school life to college life, I would tell myself that college is no longer a "popularity contest" and it is possible that people older than your parents may be in your classes. It would be benificial to tell myself to be ready for a change of scenery and style of learning. All in all, I would want myself to be aware of the vast differences of people I would be meeting and the style of classes I would be attending.

People who should not attend this school are people who are looking for a very social college experience. This school provides a great education but not much of a social network because students do not live on campus and there are not any sports programs.

Laurel

If I could go back and be a high school senior I would tell myself to go to college right after high school. I would stress that even a semester off is not a good idea. I would explain the stresses that arose because of the choice to take a couple of years off of school. The second thing I would promote, is to save as much money as I can, because even if scholarships are given, life still costs money.

The only thing that I wish someone had pressed firmly on was for me to continue my education right after completing high school. I don't suggest taking even a semester off because you will look back later, when life starts to hit you hard and think, "I could have already been done.".

There isn't a student who should not attend Estrella Mountain. The school works with everyone extremely well. They have a wide array of stations around the school to help students with any problems that may arise during their academic journey.

Ellen

The only word I can think of to accurately describe the classmates I have had thus far is diverse.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I now know about college life and making the transition, I would tell myself this - go to community college first. Even though going to a university straight out of high school sounds like the better idea, it really isn't, because it's much harder to handle the transition from high school to a huge university than it is to handle the transition from high school to a small community college. Also, attending community college isn't as expensive as attending a university.

When I tell my friends about my school, I brag about the awesome teachers I've had more than anything else . I also tell them about how great the smaller campus and class sizes are.

Mark

The school I go to a community college so it gives the student a more one on one experence where as in a university the student is in a class of say 200 students. The professor's at my school are understanding especially if one has a learning disability, the professor abides by the induviduals I.E.P guidelines. In a school where there are thousands of students it can be hard to find out where one fits into the mix. Estrella Mountan Community College has a lot of students but is also more affordable than a university would be.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself not to sweat all the little things that seem to make high school so bad. If I could tell myself to study harder and do more work on say scholarships than it would be worth going back and giving myself advice. As a senior I was very stuborn and didnt like the school or town for that matter that I was in. I never liked it since my freshmen year but a few words of advice would be to chrerish the last few months I have with my friends who would be moving away. Even a small thing such as calling up a lonly buddy and asking if he or she would like to go out for some pizza. I would also tell myself to stay strong in my christian faith, I decided to become a pastor when I was sixteen. There were alot of things in high school, especailly senior year that I am not particullarly proud of; considering a possible drop out of high school, attempting suicide, and just being a real jerk to people would top my list off.

Its a very diverse school where one can go for a few years to get some prerequisites out of the way before transfering out into a bigger school. I personally took all of my english and history prerequisites at this school. I belive that Estrella Mountan Community college is best at providing a better transition from Highschool to college then a university would. There are not as many distractions and one could get the work that he or she needs without all the drama that occurs at say Arizona State University.

Nathan

Estrella Mountain is best known for their programs in Art and Business Management. It has an open admission which is a plus in every applicants' mind.

I would tell myself, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING! GET YOUR MIND OFF GIRLS AND ON YOUR FUTURE!"

The only thing I tell my friends about Estrella is that the classes are reasonably priced. I also tell them that the teachers are real friendly and that there are many resources and ways to get help when you're going there.

Brenna

If I could talk to my high school self, I would start by reminding myself to stay strong. Afterall, it was not soon after graduation that I lost my home and job. I would tell myself that you cannot always rely on others, it is because I trusted a friend that I remained homeless. I would say that every semester offers a precious oppertunity to prove myself and to discover one more bit of the world. If I had known two years ago that I would be where I was, I would have faught much harder. College should not be difficult, but soetimes it is, that is just life. Then I would give a rib-crushing hug and smile wide!

I wish I would have known to take my SATs or ACTs before I started college. That would have made applying for aid and universities much easier! I also wish I would have know that you have only yourself to rely on. One cannot rely on others to help with any aspect of college, at least not in etirety.

The worst thing about my school is the fact that it does not offer a four year degree program. Well, that and the horriably long waits to see a guidance couselor! Sometime they are bloacked out for an entire month!

Keenan

Easy to talk to, willing to help each other, and regular people.

Easy to talk to, willing to help each other, and regular people.

Remember that it is just college, there is no reason to be scared or unwilling to ask the teachers or classmates for help when something seems overwhelming or diffacult to understand. Another thing to do is to try and get scholarships in order to help pay for school, scholarships are here to help and encourage students to stay in school. Also be willing to talk to people and make friends there, there is a chance that you might be there for a little while and it is not a crime to make friends with other students and also teachers, teachers will be there for you and attempt to help you in any way they can, not just with the work for their class but also to help out with the future and the goals you might have set up for yourself. College is a great experience and should not be missed out on, make sure to try your best and to not settle for second even if things might seem hard at first it will pay off in the end.

Like any school if one is not willing to learn and do the work then they should not attend this school. Another type of person who should not attend this school is one who thinks that just because it is a community college they can get away with anything there, it is still an institution of learning and should be treated as such.

Mercedes

My classmates are friendly and willing to help anyone even if they are complete strangers.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self and knowing what I know now about college life would be to stay focused. They always said that your grades would matter in the future and I never believed it until now. I would also advise myself to strive to do better and take more advanced and/or honors classes. I was smart enough but I never took them. Finally I would tell myself that education should be more important than social standards and what your friends think. School work should be taken more seriously than what I took it for. I just think that kids in general need to understand that education is worth it and it is a gift, it should be taken serious. Be independent and have fun. College is fun when you make the right choices and take the fun classes.

What I tell my friends about Estrella Mountain Community College is that it is just like high school. I know mostly everyone because I went to high school with them. It makes for a friendlier and more fun environment. Also, that there are always activities going on around campus. From story telling to awarness of various things, there is always a show. Not to mention free food. I just like to brag that I actually have fun at school and its welcoming.

Estrella Mountain Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.