Avondale, AZ
Estrella Mountain Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Estrella Mountain Community College

My classmates were helpful and engaging; always willing to get together for study groups and help each other out.

Doc has just finished building the DeLorean and we are hanging out at the Twin Pine Mall. I ask him,"Hey Doc. Can I ask you a favor?" "Anything," he replies. I tell him the date and...ZOOM! I am off to May 29, 2009. I found myself walking the baseball field were the graduation ceremony was held. "Jess!" I yell out, "Wait! I am you from the future. I need to talk to you." Finally, I convince my past self that I am really her and we find ourselves sitting in the dugout. "What do you need to talk to me about?", my past self asks. "School," I tell her," There is some advice I need to give you. I know you are planning on going to the community college, which is a great plan, but be careful on where you transfer. Consult your counselor on the classes you need, especially if it is out of state. Some of the schools don't accept the classes you are taking. Contact the school's counselors for guidance. You don't want to take unnecessary classes or repeat classes. Counselors are your best friends in college; utilize their talent and knowledge."

I wish I would have known how far away it was from the university I want to transfer to. I thought the community college was much closer, but it much farther than anticipated.

Jess

Since the school is close to many restaurants, stores, and movie theaters, you can find other students outside of class. The most popular thing to do here though is just hanging out at the movies or restaurants with friends. The dating scene is a little noticeable among the college freshman students.

We have all kinds of students here. Nobody will feel out of place here because the college has so many clubs to offer. Most students dress really casual since we do live in the desert. The financial backgrounds are really mixed, and I'm not sure about politics being talked about on campus.

Alyssa

Estrella Mountain Community College is best known for the services it provides to the students to get help with classes. Estrella has a writing center that has professionals that can help you turn a paper that would be 2 into a 4 or 5. Another thing significant about Estrella is that they have a great program to start your nursing degree. They have labs that you can take care of fake patients and actually have the patient go into delivery. Estrella has a great amount of resources that can help you further your degree.

If I had the opportunity to go back into time and talk to myself a year ago, I would have told myself to study a little harder and prepare for the placement test so I could score higher. I scored a couple points away from going into the next classes so I feel like I could have prepared for that. I would also tell myself to take another class because I am kind of bored right now with four classes and they are easy. I want more, I want challenging. I would give myself tips to succeed and tell myself that I’m doing fine right now and to keep on my track because I’m doing very well

Estrella isn’t made for a specific type. It has something for everyone, if you’re willing to learn and further your education and work towards something then this is a school for you. It is heavier in the medical side of things but it does offer, education, computer programming, business, ect. This school is great for just starting off and not wanting to pay 3,000 dollars for classes.

Ramika

My school is way different then Page High School. Copper Canyon isn't as exciting as Page High School. Page High was a school fulled with spirt, laughter, excitement, and communication.

The worst thing about my school, happens to be when the students disrespect the teachers. In 2012, I was attending Page High School until my mother had transfer me to a school in Phoenix, Copper Canyon High School. Copper Canyon school isn't all about learning. It's all about who popular, who has what. I hated the fact that I moved to a different school my Senior year. That was the worst thing I disliked about my school.

Yesenia

When a high school senior is in their graduation they assume that life in college will be an easy to complete. These were my exact thoughts about life after high school. I continued seeing college as high school and wouldn't take college seriously. I would complete my homework but I wouldn't study enough for tests. During my first semester in college, I wouldn't look at my grades that often to check if I had missed an assignment which led to chaos. This took effect when taking a psychology class my first semester. It occurred when I noticed a missing test grade that I took in class. I messaged the professor and she told me it's your responsibility to keep track of your grades and I received an F for the class. I suddenly realized that it's not high school anymore where teachers will notify a student when an assignment was missing. After that moment I was promt which replaced the F for an A in psychology. My advice to graduating high school seniors is that having responsibility, dedication and being independent is crucial to survive through the hard and studious years for a college student.

People that shouldn't attend this school are the lazy students that think college will be easy. There is plenty of help in this school which helps alot in many different classes. Professors are difficult but are very pleased when a student is doing an excellent job. There is no excuses why a student should receive an F because proffesors and tutors who have taken the class will help tremendously with homework and studying techniques for future tests.

What I brag about of my school is how much the tutors help students prepare for classes that are difficult. They are very helpful and intelligent when a student is completely lost and thinking of the worst for them. I have been in situations where I felt like giving up in chemistry class but one of the tutors helped me out for the rest of the semester and for the next two years. The tutors know their material well in many of the subjects and do not judge someone if they have a hard time understanding.

My classmates are hardworking students who minds their own business, yet welcomes any other student with their friendly attitude.

If I can go back in time and give myself advice about the college life, I would tell myself to not waste any time. Unfortunately, I found myself taking more classes than I can handle, in order to graduate on time. I would also tell myself to not procrastinate because in college, teachers are strict with due dates and when it comes to procrastinating, I find myself working on multiple assignments at the same time. Lastly, I would tell myself to focus more on my career goal and to not give up. With all of the distractions and other events in my personal life, it is easy to stray away from focusing on the future and only worrying about the present.

A person attending Estrella Mountain Community College should be a student who focuses on their studies for their future career. This person should be friendly towards their peers and teachers, hardworking, and someone who does not give up.

bryan

If I could go back and talk to myself there are various things I would love to say. First of all, I would start of by advising myself to go straight to college because I have no time to waste considering the career that I am currently going for. Another important notice I would tell myself is to immediately do the research to decide what I truly wanted to be in life so that way I could have been more passionate and motivated about my future. Life passes by you way to swiftly to let any moment of possible progression go by. Every day counts so if I wanted to be the best in my field I would have to study and be determined like the best in the field. I would address the importance of staring college right away do to my extended career path of going from wanting to be a police officer to pursuing a career as a physical therapists. Being a fist generation child in college I would tell myself at that moment that it is possible to pursue my ultimate dream I would just have to learn how to do so.

The kind of person that should attend this school is an individual who wants to succeed in life and has not done so well in the past. The type of person that is dedicated and wants to shift their life around for the better is definitely someone that should enroll. Estrella Mountain Community college has an excellent tutoring program so they are always there to help and explains things clearly. It makes the college experience much more pleasant which gives one confidence to keep moving forward.

The most frustrating thing would have to be that as one advances in their math classes, the probability for receiving assistance for a particular math course lessens. This can get extremely frustrating at times because in the higher classes the need for knowledgeable tutors is necessary.

Kimberly

I'm not sure about my classmates as I have not yet started classes. I will start classes in May 2014.

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself while a Senior in high school the first thing I would say is don’t focus so much on the school work. College is more than just learning the academics. Go out and meet new people, see new things and have new experiences. See the world around you and take it all in. Go ahead and get a job and make a little extra money but remember to have fun too. Take lots of different classes in different areas, find out exactly what you are interested in and really enjoy. Don’t take the easy route; don’t trust that your friend from high school will always be there. It doesn’t work out that way. But, most of all, follow your heart and do what you feel is right. It does eventually all work out for the best.

I tell my friends that this school is close to home and offers concurrent enrollment at Northern Arizona University for it Nursing students. The concurrent enrollment program allows the Nursing students to earn a Bachelors Degree at the same time they are completing the Associates in Applied Science in Nursing at EMCC.

lisha

Estrella Mountain has changed my life, and possibly could do the same for you. It's never too late to catch up to your dreams and at EMCC I have done that.

Take your schooling seriously for it will be your future. Take time to understand and choose what you want to go to school for, let it be your passion and something you could dream about everynight. Don't want to go to college for something just because it's good money or because someone thinks it's right for you, dream it, live it and love what your going to do. Know in your heart that its never to late to chase your dream and when you reach it and have it in your hands it will feel like you have just been born.

Cynthia

Estrella Mountain Community college is an avenue for me to learn and grow as a college student before I move on to where I truly desire to go: fashion institute.

If I was given the opportunity to go back in time as a high school senior the advice I would give myself is to recognize that high school is easy compare to college. In college I can use my free will to the maximum. If I wake up in the morning, on any given day, i can choose not to attend my class(es) and not be affected by it. My homework could become secondary to my daily workouts or my favorite tv show. I would tell myself to become a self motivated person if I wasnt already and to use the advantage of my free will to succeed in my classes. I would also give myself the advice that college prepares you for adulthood by teaching me to be responsible, willing and hard working.

Estrella Mountain Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.