Everett, WA
Everett Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Everett Community College

Rebekah

The school doesn't have any one focus, but rather it covers a wide expanse of topics and I think it is really exciting to be able to take all the different subjects offered at EvCC.

I know you. You're probably curled up, hiding under your covers, staring out at swaying trees as you think about this next big step in your life. College. It's the night before the very first day and your brain is turning in on itself with nerves and excitement. What if you meet cool people? What if you hate your classes? What if your professor is one of the types that yells at a kid for not knowing some bizarre knowledge? You drum your fingers on your bed. I know you. I know you're anxious, but don't be. You're going to have a lot of fun, be stressed beyond belief, and take naps at odd hours of the day. Don't be intimidated by other people, they're much nicer than their resting faces make them look, just smile and ramble on like you always do. Remember to sleep. Sleep is important, you'll learn that in Psychology. So while you're curled up in a ball, hiding up your covers, remember this- be the best you can be. People will love you.

I brag about the fact that my dad and his company helped build the sports building. Also there is a Lord of the Rings class, and for someone who is a huge Lord of the Rings fan, that is the most exciting class out there.

Kind, academic, and helpful.

Kind, academic, and helpful.

If I were to go back to when I was about to begin college I would give myself a couple pieces of advice. One would be to stay organized and keep a planner so that you know when assignments are due and you can be ahead of schedule to start your work on those assignments. This greatly helps me, now that I am aware I need to keep a planner, to stay on track with my school work so that I'm able to recieve good grades in my classes. Another piece of advice I would give to myself is; don't procrastinate! Procrastination is the key to failure and stress. Getting work done or at least starting it ahead of time helps you to be much more successful and keeps your stress level low so that you are able to maintain good grades and a positive attitude.

There is a large lack of parking

james

This school is very diverse, helpful in many ways and is great at advising and helping struggling achieve their goals

No particular stereotype, if one would be applicable it would be all students are very diverse

The students are very diverse,eager to learn and willing

Academics are challenging yet educational

Matthew

My school is best known for being a stepping stone and helping students get to the next level of education.

Get an A in every class! Do not slack off or give up. The harder you work now, the less you'll have to work later. And you'll also get a lot of awards for getting a 4.0, so stick with it.

I wish I knew more of the clubs that they had. That way I would be able to actively participate in them as soon as they start, rather than joining late.

Lilly

Take advantage of Running Start to get ahead and pay for college, and get everything in order with your two colleges so you can transfer easily. Everyone I've ever spoken to that hasn't done Running Start wished they did. Those that did are forever grateful for that decision. And with all your classes and credits lined up, transfer to the university of your choice is much more simple. Save money. Make friends, study hard, and make every penny count. Be on top of things and focus on your goal ahead, the whole reason you're even going to college or getting ready to. And lastly, enjoy yourself. College is an amazing experience and a huge blessing you can learn your life's work from. It's the springboard for your career and ultimately your life beyond school. Learn a lot and make it count.

I don't believe there is anything I wish I knew. I came excited, ready to learn, and ready to experience what attending a college was like! All I wanted to know was what it was like to take college classes and how they were different than high school ones, and that could only be answered by going and doing it.

Someone with an undecided major, who hasn't chosen their university, a Running Start student, or someone who doesn't want to go to a university. It all really depends on opinion and preference.

cristina

I wish I would have known that the progam i'm in doesn't transfer over to a Master in Social Work.

The worse thing is that my program is during the night, and i'm more of a morning student. Having night classes makes it hard to drive 35 mintues to get home and try to finish up any reading.

Everett Community College is best known for very friendly atmosphere and the acceptance of the large diversity of people.

What I have gotten out of my college experience is knowledge in the areas of study. Not only that it has opened my eyes to how far knowledge can take someone in life and in the work place but it has shown my family and friends that by attending school it can only benefit you. It has been valuable to attend school because with out it, I would not have a chance to achieve my goals that I have set for myself, and it has open more doors for me along the way. Going to school can only help you in the long run.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the parking. There is never any parking available for students that start school later then 10am. Most of the time students have to along the street, and blocks away.

Dawnielle

I decided on the Everett Community College because it allowed me to do my classes online so I could still work full time. It also allows me to get my bookkeeping degree and still continue working towards an accounting degree.

I would tell myself to work through the summer of my senior year so I could pay for school instead of taking a year off. I wouldn't take time off becuase it makes it harder to get back into the routine of doing all of the work and making time for the homework. I would apply for all of the scholarships I could to help pay for school.

Anyone would do well attending Everett Community College. There are plenty of extra curricular activities to get involved in. You can decide to go on campus or do online campuses.

Andrea

I don't know what if anything is unique about my school compared to other schools. Everett Community College was the only school that I considered due to its close proximity to my home and the programs that they offer. I am going to be able to receive a double ATA and two certificates in the time it would take to earn one ATA and certificate.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior to tell myself what I now know about college life, the advice I would give myself would be to stay in school and earn a degree. I would hammer home the fact that a degree is priceless. It unlocks so many doors of opportunity. A degree also allows for a better wage and better earning potential over the course of ones working life. I have felt "less than", and been passed over for advancement to colleagues that are less qualified but have a degree.

My school of design, within the University of Cincinnati, is unnique because it is one of the highest ranked design schools in the country, which I am enrolled in.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, I would tell myself to enroll in more art classes, seeing that I am in the School of Design. I would also tell myself to enroll in the Post Secondary Education Option (PSEO) program. As a senior in high school, I was in PSEO and it was one of the best decisions I could have made. By receiving college credit for English while still in high school, I allowed myself more time to put toward my projects as a freshman. I would also tell myself to keep in contact with close friends, but keep room for making more. I was a bit blindsided by my best friend going to a different school, and I started out my freshman year rather shy.

A student who is attending the School of Design should be a driven, and commited student. The school is intense, competitive, and is ranked high in the country for several reasons.

Everett Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.