Everett Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Everett Community College

Alexia

I have overall been satisfied with my time here. All the teachers I've had have always cared a lot about the subject their teaching. They are always willing to work outside of the classroom with you to make sure you really understand the material. Some of the buildings need to be updated and it lacks nearby food and restaurants, so your only option for food without driving somewhere is just what's on campus. Which isn't bad, but it's nice to have options.

Javon

I literally love it here. It is a beautiful campus. Great people. No problems, and it is nearby! Its amazing how well put together the school is, there are different sections to go to, the art classes are near the gym, and the office is near the library, none of them are completely connected so you are able to get fresh air in between classes!

Hailey

I believe that Everett Community College is a great college to attend for someone's associates. All the professors I have encountered are extremely helpful and actively participate in their students' learning. Numerous of times I have gone to them for advice outside of the education realm. Not only is the staff excellent, the layout of the campus is excellent and easy to find.

Monred

I like EvCC! They have great activities on campus, and are conscious about going, and being green. You get a great price for your classes. The only complaint I have is that it is hard to start a club here-- the resources are limited, and you kind of have to have everything already done before you can become chartered. I made my own flyer (very nicely done, too), and submitted it for more views from students on campus, but it got taken down before others that had been there longer? I'm really disappointed about that. Also, it's hard to get promotion for others to join when you can't even schedule a first meeting to get people to sign up- same with the club events they have every quarter.

ShyAnn

Good campus, good people, excellent instructors, amazing food, location is not so great because downtown Everett, could use some more clubs like volunteer clubs, classes are a wide variety for it being a community college. The atmosphere is friendly and the people couldn't care less about who you are and they are very friendly, it’s a great place to get that college experience without have to go very far from home, great way to get a decent college education, a good starting line for school if you want to transfer, or just a place to advance yourself or add some extra training for your job

Danial

Absolutely amazing. Probably the best community college around. I mean, when do you ever hear of a community college providing dorms for students? Especially when there’s so many foreign exchange students applying for the college! Other than sororities and frats, this place has everything a university has. This college a must-go if you plan on saving money for higher education!!

My opinion about Everett Community College is that for being a community college it's actually quite prestigious. Their nursing program, which I am in, is exceptionally amazing. Their NCLEX passing rate is around 96% and their instructors are amazing teachers. You really get the feeling that they don't want any of their students to fail and they really advocate for their students as well. This is a great school and I'm very proud to attend here.

Anthony

I think that it's a good college to start off with because the tuition is less expensive compared to a 4-year university, making it a faster way to pursue education. But, overall, in this campus, it's a place where people can interact with their instructors that can help anyone out when they're stuck on a problem. The students and faculty members are kind to be around with and there are resources for assistance, especially from the student ambassadors. This is a good college to start off with and I recommend it to everyone who plan to start their higher education.

Rylee

I really enjoyed my time at EvCC; I attended classes there for the last two years of my time in high school. During my time there, I was able to grow as a person and improve academically as a student in ways that would not have been possible had I stayed at my high school.

Alexa

EvCC is a great school for obtaining a AA in order to transfer to a four-year university. Because it is a community college, there isn't the same sports culture or fraternity/sorority or dorm life as at other schools, so that doesn't really apply when considering this school. However, because people don't live at school, most commute from nearby cities, we don't have a partying, drinking, etc. problem. The campus is pretty nice, people can sometimes be a little sketchy, but I'm sure that's common anywhere. I have liked all of my professors so far. They really know what they are talking about and are usually very helpful, even outside of class. Community college is also a much cheaper option if you're pursuing your AA degree!

Matthew

The campus is small and well organized. Teacher can be a little flaky getting things graded in a timely manner. Financial aid department is only helpful if you fall into their exact guidelines. When I had questions for the financial aid department they all but laughed at me. I had to figure out my financial options completely on my own.

Alaina

Everett Community College is a wonderful place to be. The instructors are passionate about what they are teaching and I have yet to meet one who won't go out of their way to give the help that is needed. There are so many tools for success available on campus, like tutors, support groups, quiet places to study, and all of the books that a student could dream of (if you can't find a book on campus, it can get there in a matter of days.) The campus is really well kept up and there are so many clubs to get involved in. There is a place for all personality types, and a welcoming atmosphere for all. I think that especially for a community college, EvCC is quite exceptional.

Jacqueline

The college holds high value for the low cost of attending! It does not have as many major options as large public universities, but the professors definitely care about student achievement and will help get you on track to receive the education you desire.

Alicia

I started at EVCC when I was a junior in high school. I have to say that college classes were tough during the years I was still in high school, but the counselors and staff didn't give up on trying to help me succeed. The teachers were always available for help in a timely manner. And the staff was always helpful at this college. It may be small but there are great people that attend it and work there.

Ann

Its been a long time but I was there a long time since I changed my major along the way. The campus has been growing so has lots of newer buildings. I miss the swimming pool, though. I was recently there while seeking work and they were very helpful and had lots of resources. Everything was shiny and new. They generally had a good number of computers available to students while I was there too. However, though, Everett is not a poor community as a whole, the campus is in the more economically depressed region of the city, so while new shops open nearby to serve the ever-growing campus, further out it is surrounded by project housing and low-end businesses. When I was there it felt spiritually lifeless. I think it is the pursuit of knowledge to the detriment of real life. Sort of a zombie-esque, spiritually anorexic existence. The teachers varied. The chemistry teacher I had was awful. Some of the other teachers were great, and others were somewhere in between. Nursing school was a soul-crushing, gossip-laden soap opera, even though the teachers as a whole were capable and were generally easy to talk to. It was more the design of the program that caused problems. They bragged about how well the program was thought of, but the fact was that the reputation came from not looking to help the students succeed as much as it was to keep bad prospects out. I would say that they actually kept a lot of potentially very capable and much needed nursing prospects from ever getting to where they were needed, more because they didn't fit the mold, or learned differently (FYI, I switched to education so I know what I'm talking about). Nursing was better at Skagit, where you were treated more like an inherently valuable human being with needs, and less like someone who had to be or appear darn near perfect in every way to have value, and to sacrifice every trace of a life to sell your soul for a passing grade. They are politically liberal. The teachers were all respectful, but not necessarily interested in being neutral. The campus as a whole had activities promoting LGBT stuff (this was in the early 2000's), and a Democrat presidential candidate was hosted there. When I recently stopped in, there was a poster for a gathering for conservative students presented in such a way that they clearly feel in the minority on campus. I had the most academic rigor of any school I attended, at EvCC. I was able to avoid taking out any loans while there due to the reasonable price. Good thing because I'm quite indebted for the schooling I took after. I loved the variety of people there. You had students fresh out of high school, older adults seeking to retool or advance (especially after 4pm), and I even met someone who claimed to have won the lottery and was just taking classes for fun (I still wonder if it was true). When I was there they had a theater room that played movies, and a nice lounge. The movies were a source of distraction that polluted my mind with darkness I normally wouldn't expose it to, but did introduce me to a few good ones like "Life is Beautiful." Sadly the lounge seems to be gone; too bad because I was frequently a tired college student that needed a nap. To sum it up, it's basically what you'd expect from a public community college, albeit in a liberal leaning, rat-race promoting, intellect-worshiping community.

Blake

I feel that EvCC is a nice college. We do converse on political topics, but we don't have the mobs that form like in the bigger cities. The class size is smaller than a university by a lot. English 101 and 102 are the same classes you would be taking form a university, but here we have 20 to 30 students in a class instead of 100+. Most of the teachers are relatable. I have taken classes from teachers just because they are able to make the subject fun. Our school's degrees are liberal degrees, meaning you have to take science, math, humanities, and social sciences for all degrees. This leads to the students knowing more about things that would not normally concern their field of study. Like a physics student taking philosophy classes. I would recommend that people come here for degrees that are AA and under for three reasons. We have small class sizes, we have nice and supportive staff, and lastly it is a lot cheaper to go here than the University of Washington.

It is a very terrific school. Every faculty member I have encountered in my past two years here have been extremely helpful, caring, and understanding. The professors are not just "robots." They are real people that understand that sometimes life gets in the way. They are always willing to work with their students to the best of their ability. Although there is not a ton of school pride, there are many clubs to join. The student life department is very active and always has an event occurring. This school is overall a very great school, wether that is to earn general education credits, taking a few classes, or to begin pursuing a degree in higher education. I am so glad I attended this school!

Holiday

Everett Community College is a good place to get your Associate's degree if you are still living at home or have your own home. I would not recommend Everett Community as a way to get the "college experience," have great on-campus housing options, or be involved in a bunch of extracurricular activities. However, the college has some excellent professors and the small class size is very helpful. Overall, Everett Community College is a great place to go to get academic classes.

Melanie

I loved it there. The professors are so passionate. The education you will receive is overwhelmingly good for the little price. Many fellow students told me that the nursing program is fantastic. I did business - and, oh boy - your'e in for an intellectual treat!

Sofia

Everett Community College is a great place to start building our dream career. There are many resources which the students can access. It is a safe community with a lot of academic and personal support. The classes are small enough for the professor to pay personal attention to students. There is always extra support to help you succeed.

Cindy

It's my first quarter at EVCC, but so far so good. I am also excited to see wha happens in the next two years or so before I earn my associates degree. For it being my 1st quarter my teachers are great, I am not doing as well as I want to, but I am trying my best, and hope to finish strong at the end of the quarter.

Deborah

I loved my experience at EvCC. It definitely helps to get involved in student LIFE and really get accquainted with the resources available on campus. Most of the insructors are geninely caring people that want you to succeed and will work with you if you show you are willing to put in the time, and there are tons of clubs and activities on campus all the time.

Cira

I was very pleased when I visited the campus. I was introduced to many resources in order for a student to be successful in his/her classes. Visiting the campus helped me ease my mind about starting college in a different state. I was able to meet with a student ambassador and it was helpful to know that the campus was very diverse in culture. I am very excited to join the campus in Autumn 2018.

Madelin

Its a huge community college, the buildings are sort of confusing but overall I like it.

MacKinzie

It’s a small campus with some pretty great professors, some are definitely better than others. The overall feel of the school is kind of laid back and people kind of do their own thing. Parking is horrible so get to your classes early. If you need to study, there’s a good amount of places to do that around campus too. It’s not a bad college, but I wouldn’t say it’s the best.

Oscar

Everett community college is a great college full of amazing people. I can easily access my professors and a lot of helpful advisors. I am playing soccer for Everett Community College and the coaches are great and care about us passing our classes. The other soccer players are very kind and amazing. The community at Everett is amazing!

Kylie

If you’re planning to go to a college with the assistance of financial aid or even to get your High School Diploma, I Highly suggest that you go anywhere except Everett Community College. I had to drop out of mainstream high school due to problems in the family and to preserve my mental health. We found the Youth Re- Engagement program through Everett Community College which was very helpful until I aged out. I applied for my diploma and got in contact with the necessary people who never returned my phone calls. I applied for financial aid to finish a few classes so that I could also earn my associates degree and pursue my dreams and goals. Again, no one returned my calls, and the few times I got in touch with anyone, they were very vague and I felt like they were just trying to brush me off, as if I were a burden to them and helping me, a student at their school, was beyond their job description. I finally got my financial aid after scraping up the cash painfully to make the necessary payments to continue my enrollment. After one bad quarter, due to health concerns, they revoked my financial aid without any communication about it, without any way to defend my situation. Again, I had to scramble to find the funds to continue my enrollment and finish my associates. I was swept under the rug, ignored, and pushed aside because the faculty who was hired to guide me decided that I was too much of a burden. I had to fight to get my High School Diploma which I rightfully earned because the person hired to help me refused to listen to me about where and how to find my information which was where it was supposed to be. I lost financial aid that I needed because they decided I didn’t deserve a chance to defend my situation. The only reason I didn’t transfer to another community college was because I already had to many credits through Everett thanks to the Youth Re- Engagement program to even make a transfer worth my while. I’m not a middle-class student, I’m not a running start student, my classes aren’t paid for by my job to continue my education like many of the other students here. I’m a single mom striving to create a future for my child and myself so that we can give back to the community and not have to struggle. Everett Community College made this dream near to impossible.

Amara

I think that Everett Community College is overall an excellent school, but interested parties should be aware of several shortcomings. Primarily, the accessibility of information online (either through the EVCC website or links provided through the school) is usually poor. If the necessary information is to be found online, it usually takes a significant amount of time and effort to find it. In addition (though it is not a "deal breaker" per se), I personally find it frustrating that there are so few STEM-related courses offered in the late morning/afternoon. Despite this, I have been pleased with the quality of instruction from my professors, as well as the aesthetic and functional aspects of the campus as a whole.

Markie

Great campus! Professors are always ready to help you succeed. I would never have been where I was today without the professors help and their East County Campus.

Hailey

I feel that education is valued by both students and professors, and I appreciate the diversity and accessibility in every class I have been in. You will meet people of all kinds, and professors are usually very willing to help in any way they can, you can tell they are there to help you! The downside is, Everett can be an unsafe place, and in the evenings or when walking to the parking lots, it can be scary as a female. Another critique is the parking is often far away from campus, and there are not enough parking spaces during the busy parts of the day!

Kaytlyn

Everett Community College has a nice campus and is always seeking ways to expand. They recently built campus housing and there are lots of local business/restaurants nearby. The professors are hit or miss. While many of them are wonderful there are quite a few that the students actively avoid. This leads to heavy class numbers with preferred professors. The other real detractor is the website is incredibly convoluted and even finding contact information to email an appropriate faculty member is difficult.

Jose

It’s a great school! Easy access because it’s in a big city with surrounding towns. They have many medical, engineering and STEM opportunities for everyone plus a smooth transition for people like me who are considering transferring to a different school/university for future education.

Sam

It's been a great first year. The teachers are accessible, willing to explain things outside of class, respond to email questions, and noticeably care about their students. There are numerous clubs to be involved with, to better connect with students and the faculty member that serves as the advisor. Advisors themselves are very supportive. I've earned multiple scholarships that I wouldn't have even known to apply for if it weren't for my interactions in with advisors and club activities.

JoAnne

It is a great school. I feel like i am getting a really good education. The school is helping my future look bright. I am now excited for my career and where it will take me in the future. I feel like Everett Community College is really preparing me for when i transfer to Seattle University.

Tyler

Everett Community College is a great little school. What I love most about it is the resources. The professors are available often and the library and tutoring center are great. Both the online classes and the on campus classes are both great. The availability for both is really nice. There are is a lot of availability for all kinds of classes.

Sasha

Everett Community is a really good campus. There are restaurants surrounding and everyone is friendly. The teachers are always there to help students with homework they're struggling with. There's also a lot of events going on and are many clubs that everyone can join that seems interesting to them.

macy

Its a pretty nice campus and the staff is helpful and easy to communicate with. It is a little scary, there are sometimes homeless people that wander around because it is in north everett, but we have really good security guards and they handle it well without too much fuss.

angela

Great for traditional students but not a lot of night, weekend or online options for non-traditional students who need to work or have families. The professors seem to really pay attention to you and are generally receptive. There is always great on campus help through the tutoring center.

The college its self has grown exponentially over the last ten years I have lived in the area. I have been nothing but impressed with how it has taken the community by the reigns and cleaned up a huge amount of North Everett. It has gotten rid of almost all of the dangerous areas and replaced them with learning opportunities for our community. In turn, the housing as also improved. There have been many new developments and improvements to the local low-income housing.

Alison

I am a running start student so I’m only at the college part time but I love it there. The campus is so open and positive you always feel welcome there. The professors truly care about not only your academic future but your future in general. I’ve had such a great experience at the college, I hope other students who are looking at smaller colleges with a big school feel, consider Everett CC!

Jeremiah

Everett Community College is a typical Community College. It has it's strengths and weakness. It's strengths are its Nursing, Aeronautics, and Japanese School of Business. It's weaknesses are the Humanities departments and it's illogical and inconsistent political expressions and stances. I specifically choose EvCC for it's outstanding Nursing program. It has an excellent reputation around the State of Washington. It is also incredibly satisfying that my Mother graduated form EvCC in Nursing in the 1980's ad I am following in her footsteps.

LaCole

Great school! And on the up and up. They have made many changes and upgrades. Mind you I haven’t been there in over 10 years so that would be expected. But it was a great school when I went there and even better now! I know many students who are involved in many thing within the school and involved in making even more changes and upgrades there.

Cynthia

EvCC is a great college! They expect a lot from their students there for they are always available. The teachers are amazing and very knowledgable, they are always their for the students and they go above and beyond to make sure that the class is worth your while. I always tell people to apply check out their programs and classes before going anywhere else.