Everett, WA
Everett Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Everett Community College

Aurora

My school is a small school where veryones know your name and you can feel at home.

My classmates were lazy, hardworking, fun, boring, interesting, sad, enthusistic, always changing, young, old, and always there for me.

I would tell myself to take life one day at a time. To realize this place is only temporary and I will move on to do much better and greater things. I would tell myself to listen to more Bob Marley. I would tell myself to learn from my teachers and take thier advice. I would tell myself to respect my parents as I have realized now they now a lot more than I thought. I would tell myself to quit trying so hard and that is how you get people to like you. I would tell myself not to care if people liked me or not. I would tell myself to chill out.

Alex

If I was to go back in time and give advise to myself about college and life. I would tell myself that, school is one of the most important things in life and to continue to do my very best at everything I do, no matter how small the task is. This would be the most important thing to tell myself if i was to go back in tim and give myself advise. Hard work is the best thing I can do, and it is the most responsible thing that any person could ask for. Hard work and determination can get you far in life. However, the only way way hard work and determination can work is for an individual, me, to stay completely focused and concentrated. I understand this would only be advise, so no matter how I take the advise in, I would hope I make the right choice and listen to the advise. No one can get anywhere in life without some advise, and this would be my chance to give myself some advise.

Natalie

Everett Community College is best known for it's lousy reputation. Unfortunately throughout the area many people have frowned upon the students of EVCC due to its location, and reputation for having low academic achievement standards.

Save your money. Spend less on designer jeans, cell phones, movie tickets and put more into savings. Fill out any scholarships you can get your hands on! Continue living at home at least until you get through your AA then, just then, start to think about moving out while you attend the Art Institute of Seattle! Save! Save! Save!! Spend time with friends and family and enjoy every last moment of that senior year of high school because there really will be days of it that you will miss! Your senior yearbook should be perfect, go back through and edit every single page, yes it will take you a bit longer than you had hoped but it will make it worth while!! And last but not least Natalie, be happy, smile, enjoy it!

I consider the academic probation scale to be the worst thing about my school because I don?t believe that it should affect students whom are not attending school via financial aid or scholarships. Students that are working their way through college and have a mishap or two should not be punished for having an unsatisfactory GPA, they are working twice as hard if you ask me in order to even pay for school let alone attend every day.

Brittney

I would tell myself "you are an adult now, and you need to be accountable for yourself: there isn't going to be anyone there to keep you on task and focused but you." When I graduated and started college I was overjoyed that the instructors no longer checked the homework they assigned so I didnt bother to do the homework. But I learned that you can't slack off and get good grades, you have to work for them. The instructors don't care if you pass or fail or if you have to spend loads of money to retake a course and your parents can no longer go online and check your progress in school only you know what you need to do and when it needs to get done.

Anyone can attend community college as long as they are responsible. If you are able to be accountable for doing your homework and studying without someone to tell you what you need to be doing every step of the way, you can make it through any program. Community college is great for people who have other things going on too: if you are a mother or have a job or have other priorities you can still get an education.

That i can go home and sleep in my own bed at night. I only have to drive to the next city over, unlike universities that have dorms you have to stay in, I have the opportunity to get a higher education while still keeping my job and staying close to my family.

Everett Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.