San Francisco, CA
FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Francisco

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Francisco

Tony

Very very expensive for nothing, credits are NOT transferable meaning they arent even on a community college level, the professors have favoritism towards other and it's a boring campus. Nothing is happening except them getting PAID. They have no sports, no fun activities, boring guest speakers, no parties, no intelligent conversation...there is NOTHING!

sarah

FIDM has the specific classes and certification in a career I wanted to pursue. I wanted to go into the Field of Product Design and Marketing after taking classes in high school for Fashion Design. This school was a perfect match and was the next step in pursuing this field. Other schools and colleges I invistigaged did not have the specific classes that would fit the needs for the field of study I wanted a career in. This school will help me pursue a career in fashion and setting up my own business.

I would live on campus. Right now I am living off campus approx. 45 minutes from the school. I went with a girlfriend who was going to another school and things did not work out for her. It would of been much easier to be closer to school and I would be more involved in some of the activities if I were closer to school. I would probably have made more friends, but with my work -- I still have made plenty of friends. Other than that I was very prepared for my adventure to an out of state school. I previewed the school and knew my budget, planned on getting a job and spending time doing homework. I probablly would have saved more money before going to school because I was on a tight budget when I got there. I had to find a job right away to afford all my living expenses until I was able to find a job. The whole experience has been positive and alot of life learning experiences.

How I really enjoy the teachers and the classes.. All the teachers there make sure you are getting a great education. They have been very helpful in helping me understand the information they are teaching and also making sure I understand the assignments. The schedule is very accomodating with my work schedule . The student center and computer lab has helped me alot with checking my assignments to make sure I am doing the correct work. I really enjoy the school and have made some good friends.

My school is best known for having creative thoughts and ideas become creative solutions. Wether its textile design, accent lighting ideas or a new type of sillouette, FIDM allows you to be how you are and show that your ideas are nothing but worthy and useful.

Samantha Elizabeth, cancel your enrollment at San Fransisco State University right now and apply at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising. You'll save yourself two semesters of depression. Secondly, go to a doctor and look into ADHD medication. Your father has hidden from you that you are in fact ADHD. Last but not least, from here on out your not going to depend on anyone but yourself. You have two legs, two arms, a loud mouth, and your going to make decisions from here on out. And remember to spread your smile and stay optimistic at all times.

I love the assignments FIDM assigns. One of my finals was to throw a party for the Japanese families affected by Roosevelts Order in 1942. The party didn't have to represent anything at all, but the free reign FIDM gives allowed me to make an impact. My idea, and I could execute it in whatever way I wanted as long as I stuck to a $50,000 budget and present a Buisiness Portfolio.

This school is inovative in their teaching, cultural classmates, and diverse atomosphere.

The Fashion Institute of Deisng and Merchandising has a degree that I was interested in that no other school provided. My objective for the Bachelor of science degree in bsuiness management I am pursuing has a minor in product development which makes it possible for me to have a bigger spectrum of choice in the field of fashion. I also like that fact that they are well know and have a great chance of finding a job after graduation.

I would tel myself pay more attention in class. I would have told myself to ask alot more questions and work harder to achieve good grades. I think if I knew some high school students I would tell them the same thing. Most of the things I learmed in high school were life lessons which helped when I went to college but knowing algebra and understanding old english literature would have helped when I started college. I also feel as someone who has been through college before and high school learning from your mistakes is one thing you can change and accomplish more in the long run. I have many goals that I want to accomplish one of them right now is getting a B.S. in Business Management and take my goals and ideas to another level. Thank you for this oppurtunity.

Eileen

Dear me in 2 years: FIDM is AMAZING and is going to change your life, even after being here for only 3 months. It's a LOT of work, but it's worth it. The city is amazing, and you will meet so many great people. You will have to learn how to balance school and work, and still find time to fit in time for yourself. Finals will stress you out, but you'll get through it. Once you make it through your first quarter and are on break, you will have time to stop and realize how lucky you are to be going to such an amazing school. You are living your dream and things will only keep getting better. <3

I love everything about FIDM! It's a LOT of hard work, but it's also a lot of fun. I feel so lucky to be going here!

There's not enough computers in the library!

Samareua

A walking ground for young artistic minds!

A walking ground for young artistic minds!

It's a positive space , that really lets you be free and be who you are. Although its an art school it doesn't seem competititive. FIDM really helps you build a foundation , so that you will be successful in the industry. I believe that FIDM is one of the best fashion colleges in the world. Everything that I learn in the class rooms I see professionals doing. The teachers are industry professionals and really give you expert information.

I would have gotten a job to save money for school. I would have also told myself that college isn't high school and that I can't lag and be lazy with work . I would go back and tell myself to just embrace everything and no matter how hard school gets to never give up because it will pay off better than i can ever expect it to in the future !

Lyntrang

FIDM is known to" focused curriculum integrates creative and leadership skills to develop graduates for the global industries of Fashion, Visual Arts, Interior Design, and Entertainment. Also, combined with these skills, FIDM graduates value ethical choices, demonstrate an awareness of cultural diversity, communicate effectively, think critically, and possess the knowledge of technology essential to their professions"

If I can go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take advantage of all the good opportunities that can be beneficial to my career path. I made few mistakes during my high school year by being a big procrastinator and passing by good opportunities that could have made my college life easier. Also, I would of tell myself to apply for all of the scholarships available for me because college is expensive and loans are expensive too. And now since I was not prepared for college and was not knowledge about opportunities that were available for me, I had to pull out loans for college and I made it harder on myself.

The best thing about FIDM is that they have teachers that really care about their FIDM students. For instance, most teachers I have came across thorughout high school years seem like they teach for the money but teachers at FIDM seem like they love waking up in the morning to teach and knowledge the FIDM students. Therefore, I believe the teachers at FIDM are really beneficial to the students and is a good factor in FIDM.

FIDM-Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Francisco administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.