Hancock, MI
Finlandia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Finlandia University

Robert

Finlandia is the perfect get away from home its shows character and gives people opportunity to be their selves. We are a family that loves to go to events and have fun with one another. the classes are even better especially when we are on top and enjoying the class. The food around the campus is great and the stores around campus is great also. Finlandia has a great environment which it is easy to get along with other in the school community.

Kylie

Finlandia University has many great qualities. The class sizes, availability of professors and advisors, classroom and outside of the classroom activities, smaller campus, etc. is what drew me to this university. Due to the smaller class sizes, one-on-one learning between student and professors is more prominent at this school.

Denia

It is a great school academically but the area does not have a whole lot of places as a college student you can go unless you like to party on the weekends. Sports at Finlandia are great, even though not all teams are good. I wish they had more places where students can work and ear more pay. Also the cafeteria should be open 4 times a day and there should be more food options.

It's an awesome campus to be on and it feels like home.

It's an awesome campus to be on and it feels like home.

Chris

Finlandia University has allowed me the chance to experience a different culture. I've had the opportunity to grow, mature and learn more about myself. The people/ staff here at Finlandia make it easy to fit in and are among some of the nicest people I've ever met.

Finlandia- F**K Yeah

Finlandia- F**K Yeah

I'm an older student coming to University for the first time and this is definitely the place for me. The professors are on your level, the class schedules are flexible and there are many different kinds of courses to suit a various amount of interests. If you're expecting Ivy League facilities then your in the wrong place. You'll get tight knit community, no bullshit, down to earth TLC from this U.P. School.

Amy

Finlandia University is a small, private college. The small class size allows you to have a personal relationship with your professors and the classroom environment is comfortable.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice about the transition to college it would be to have self-confidence and embrace life. I have missed out on many opportunities in life because of lacking self-confidence and being concerned about what others thought about me. In fact, I even missed out on going to college. After graduating from high school my lack of confidence deterred me from attending a four-year college. Although I had graduated high school with a high GPA my self-doubts got the best of me and I settled for a trade program and became a registered dental assistant for the state of California. At age 27 I am finally attending a four-year nursing program. I will succeed at obtaining a four-year degree, and hopefully have a successful nursing career, but I will never know what the true college experience consists of. I missed out on living in dorms, study groups, traveling, and even playing college sports, all because I lacked self-confidence. Life is short and I wish I had embraced the true college experience when I had the opportunity.

The worst thing about my school is that it consists of old buildings that are dirty. Heating and cooling systems are out-dated and rarely keep the buildings at a comfortable setting.

angel

Study Hard. dont slack off because its your last year. get the full high school experience. be prepared in knowing that the work is ten times as hard in your college courses. Be ready to grow up and take responsibility. Have an exact plan in what you want to do ,which school you would like to attend ,how your going to get there and how your going to pay for it. Be determined andstick to your goal and dont lose sight of the important things in life.

Brenda

My school is probably best known for the expensive tuition.

My school is probably best known for the expensive tuition.

The classroom sizes are small and more personal. The instructors are available and seem to genuinely want the students to succeed.

If I had the ability to go back and advise myself about college, I would tell my young adult self to be better prepared for college. I would advise myself to get a better night's sleep before taking my SAT and ACT exams. I would tell myself to take more advance college classes in high school, to take as many advance classes as I could. I would advise myself to stay in school until I found the right career. I made the mistake of not graduating from college when I was younger so I would let myself know that life would be much easier, financially, if I stay in school and get into the nursing program when I am younger. I would advise myself to study harder and apply for more scolarships.

Cristina

To be more serious and spend more time on my financial aid. Make for friends and have fun but not too much fun.

That although it's small it has a variety of cultures and ethnicities. Also that is is on an insanely beautiful hillside with lots of green and fresh air.

I beleive it is known for it's Finnish culture they try to bring in.

Finlandia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.