Flagler College-St Augustine Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Flagler College-St Augustine

Daniel

Flagler College is a beautiful historic land mark and school. I will be a freshman coming this fall 2022 and am very much looking forward to the campus life. The student body is small but also diverse. Also with the small student body you are able to get a more intimate educational experience. Plus you are surrounded by a beautiful historic city with many shops and excellent culinary options.

It was definitely a hard adjustment coming to such a small school but I have grown to love the community feel. I love seeing people I know and being able to engage in conversations around campus. The faculty and staff are generally really nice and available for conversation and help. I feel like they genuinely care.

Tessa

Nothing short of an amazing campus. My tour guide told me how small the class sizes are and that make me even more excited to at end. The housing facilities are spectacular, they respect their students privacy. They have a wide range of majors that piqued my interest. Students are very friendly and I can’t wait to attend!

Selbe

I love Flagler College and very happy with my choice to attend school here. At Flagler, it is easy to communicate with the professors and the classes are just small enough to allow you to get all you can out of your education. For anyone who really needs a one-on-one education, I would recommend Flagler to them.

Leilani

Flagler College is an amazing school that provides amazing opportunities for prospective and current students. The Flagler College Staff are always looking to provide assistance to guarantee student success. Flagler College also provides a safe and comfortable environment for everyone.

Cassidy

Flagler College is the most ideal school for me because I know I am getting the most education for my money. The classes are small; students are able to get to know their peers and their thoughts, and professors get to know students more personally than those of a large University. The location is excellent and the campus feels like a resort! The only downside is the cost of Flagler College. Although I am getting my moneys-worth and it is my dream school, money can be a bit tight during payments.

Allison

Flagler College is the place to be. As a frehsman, you have tons of opportunities to get involved in the campus. There are always activities going on and we are serious about our educations. Im so glad I chose to come here.

Walter

Flagler College is a unique experience located in the absolute center of Florida's historic coast. Perhaps the most significant, unique feature of the college is the atmosphere. From class to home, dining hall to shops, Flagler stands alone as an educational center featuring some of the best, most personal professors in the state, while simultaneously existing in a small, slow-paced town.

Mina

It's great with the area and the overall feel of the place. the professors work with you and as you start getting into your major the classes start to get smaller in size so it feels like one on one with your professor. They will work with you and are easy to reach is need after class or hours of their offices. Overall the school is very welcoming is a great experience and will help you succeed in life.

I absolutely love Flagler College. The campus is in a great location, and gives the students a taste of the beach life while still maintaining a great chill environment for studying hard. I have been to other school's campuses, and they don't compare to what can be found in Flagler's unique and welcoming educational setting.

Sagan

I loved my education. I graduated and did not regret the four years of hard work I put into my degree. But it was apparent by day one that the administration cared very little about the student body. I spent four years fighting with non-instructional administration about how terribly they treated their student body. And finally, when it couldn't get any worse, they had a huge scandal arise about how they falsified student scores to make the college seem more prestigious to incoming students, therefore using illegal recruiting methods to attract new students. They did not care about those of us who were already there. They cared about how good they looked to the outside world, and when the law caught up with them they did nothing for reparations. Now my resume has a school recognized as "hey, isn't that the school that lied about all of the students' scores?". Now ask every student that has graduated in the last two years why it is difficult to find a reputable job.

Kiara

Flagler College is a wonderful school if you're interested in small class sizes, "being a name, not a number", and living close to the beach. The college is a gorgeous campus, having once been a luxury hotel before the stock market crash in the 30's. However, Flagler's small student body means that there's a lot of drama. It's almost like being in high school again.

The campus is beautiful and historic. However, the academics and student life fall short in comparison to the aesthetics. What everyone says about the food is true, it isn't good. Depending on what your intended area of study is, there are strengths and weaknesses. The art department is amazing, along with the education and environmental science department. If you're looking for a big campus with several involvement opportunities, this isn't the school for you. It is very secluded and chill. The location is great though for other off-campus restaurants and shopping.

Akilah

Though Flagler is a pretty small liberal arts school, it shines when it comes to academics, community involvement, and artistic expression. I think going to Flagler would ensure any student a bright future especially with the small class sizes and the availability of the teachers.

Michaela

I am currently in my first semester here at Flagler College and I've never been happier. I never could see myself at a big university just because I'm more of an introvert. Flagler is a great place because its just the right size for me, as well as anyone else who isn't the most open person. However, since I've been here, I can feel myself become more confident in having my voice be heard. I love the class sizes because its not too small nor too big. You can actually talk to your professor one on one, whereas if I were at a big University like FSU or UF, I wouldn't have this option. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. I really love it here and I'm sure if you asked any other freshmen, they would say the same thing.

Flagler college is often rated the most beautiful campus for a good reason. I have been to st augustine many times and love to walk through Flagler. this was my dream school for a very long time. The advisers are some of the nicest people i have ever met. Incredibly accessible.

Caitlyn

Flagler College is a wonderful school; there are issues that aren't difficult to find at any college, but the faculty and staff really do care about their students and work to make it a safe and enjoyable college experience for students. The campus is beautiful and safe and the professors are usually warm and encouraging and truly want to help their students not only succeed, but learn. Administrative difficulties are the biggest issue at Flagler, but they are often quickly resolved.

Ake

It’s a very good school. My life has definitely changed for the better in more ways than not since coming here. It’s funny because this was not my first choice and I knew about this school since I was a sophomore in high school. They used to send me pamphlets on what I should being doing each year leading up to college and I kept it for reference. On my spring break,my junior year, in high school I went to Saint Augustine , FL with my cousin, brother, and dad and I was talking about how Flagler College was here. I never thought I would be going there. When my senior year in high school came around one of my high school teachers allowed us to apply for colleges in class and I already had the schools I wanted to apply for so I was just randomly searching schools and then I remembered Flagler. My teacher came around and saw I had Flagler on my screen and he said, “ Saint Augustine, that’s a beautiful city. Are you going to apply?” I said I did not know and he said, “ The worst thing they could say is no.” Then I thought to myself he was right and I talked to my dad that afternoon and he said I should apply and I did. They ended up accepting me and giving me the best financial aid package. The person I transformed into after being at Flagler was incredible. I re found myself and refocused myself on my goals and dreams I had for my life which led to academic success which I have not seen in a while. My last two years in high school were tough for me academically and personally. I felt lost in who I was and who I was becoming and unmotivated and becuase of that I did not do as well as I could have. Coming to Flagler and working with professors who genuinely care for students and their success and want to help them achieve anything they want, helped me back on track towards my goals and dreams and most importantly helped me find myself and wake up to what is happening around me and I am forever grateful for that. Flagler College reignited the drive, focus, and discipline in me to be successful and I am seeing the hard work I have put in my two years here, so far, pay off and that is all I could ever ask for from a college.

Laurie

Other than the living situations, the school is amazing. There is so much history behind the town and school which keeps things interesting. The town is a lot like where I am from so I fell in love quickly. Having a beach so close was important to me, and there is also access to many other bodies of water. There are endless varieties of food and shopping in St. Augustine and Jacksonville which is not too far either.

carly

Excellent learning establishment with a strong emphasis on giving the student a well rounded college experience. Safety is of the utmost importance. Academically you could not ask for anything more. The professors and administration were present for the weekend that I attended and they were very approachable.

Evan

I am ecstatic to attend the college this fall and have already grown to love the people and places within and around campus! Despite it's small size, Flagler College seems to have a niche for everyone in the academic and social scenes. Being so affordable for a private school just puts the icing on the cake.

Nasir

It is an okay school it could be better academically and actually live up to their promises and codes that they so called have. Social life is okay the school seems big but there are not that many people attending. The shops are expensive as hell because it is a tourist town. Big downside that the college itself is a big tourist attraction sometimes can not tell the difference between students or tourists.

Marina

It's a good school. The campus is beautiful and the tour guides are super nice. I would so go back.

Aviana

I absolutely love Flagler College! I love the small campus and class sizes, as it helps me make friends and form a campus community. I love that our professors are so easy to approach. They are always eager to lend a helping hand if students have questions. Lastly, as Flagler has one of the best education programs in the country, the classes are very tough. But I know that it will benefit me in my future classroom, and I am proud to call Flagler College home.

Charity

I think that Flagler College is a great college to attend and there graduation rate is SUPER high.

Bianca

A nice campus in a lovely location. I like the historical feel it gives and the people their are friendly. A friend of mine goes there and tells me how much she learns in her classes. The classes are a good size for a learning environment and a good start for people going into college.

Alexandra

Flagler College was my number one school when touring, and it proved to be the best choice for me and others. I personally don't live on campus, but I have spent nights in friends dorms and it wasn't bad at all. Along with off-campus housing, there are numerous options that fit everyone's needs. The dining halls food has been known for being not so good, but the pod and the bistro make up for it; Chick Fil A at your fingertips, along with boars head sandwichs and Starbucks! All campus facilities are very clean, and well taken care of, along with being within a good distance of each other for easy accessibility. Also, the entire campus is very wheelchair friendly/accessible! My favorite thing about Flagler is the class sizes; not once have a been in a class with more than 25 people, it helps make learning more personal and you actually learn, making your tuition and other expenses totally worth it in the end. The College's extracurricular activities are wonderful, along with the coaches, faculty, and staff who help make them possible. The sports teams rock, along with having a club for everyone's need and desire. St Augustine is a large tourist attraction, so you can basically leave your dorm and walk about 5 minutes to St. George Street, and you can always find adventure, along with cute boutiques and funky food destinations. Overall, the academics are the best I've ever experienced - the school, in general,​ helps everyone feel like a big fish, in a little pond.

Alexis

I really like Flagler College and I'm very excited to start classes here next school year! When I visited the campus, everything was really neat and clean. While walking around and exploring, I felt no threats on campus-everything just kinda felt like home to me!

Emma

I think that it is a beautiful school and if you go here you will have the potential to do well. The housing is not ideal and usually everyone here has problems with their roommates. The professors are all very nice and you have the ability to talk with them inside and outside the classroom. Overall, i think that the education here is worth it but you will have to make other sacrifices in other areas.

Flagler is the most beautiful campus I have ever seen. It is right on the beach and it has a nice downtown area with a lot of shops. Flagler is a very small school with small classes so you can easily get to know your professors. The professors seem very nice and involved in students lives. The campus has a very family like feel to it and everyone seems to know everyone else. Overall, I think Flagler is a great choice of schools.

Hanora

It is a wonderful institution with professors who are readily available to their students!

I went for a school tour in November 2019. From the second I stepped on the campus, I knew I had to go to this college. The staff that I met was extremely helpful and the campus was beautiful. I've been contacted a few times by the admissions department and they always want to know how I am doing. I'm going to be a proud Saint!!!!

Rebecca

the school is pretty and that’s about it. it’s like going to high school all over again except you pay an insane amount of money for it! there are rules about having people in your dorm and they con you out of every cent you own. Does NOTHING for me as a psychology major and basically everything they say in the tours is a lie. i wouldn’t send my worst enemy to this piece of shit school

Jaylan

It is the most beautiful campus I have ever seen. The environment is SO fun and I feel more than safe to be there. Theres so many places to eat and shop right around the corner and the beach is right over the bridge. The campus itself is so antique and gorgeous. The housing is so cool and has the prettiest surrounding around it. I can not wait to be apart of Flagler!

I absolutely love it. It’s beautiful and everyone is so welcoming. The professors are always available when you need them and are super helpful, they’ll take their time to really help you understand the material. Flagler is just an overall amazing school.

Alyssa

I love Flagler College, I will say that a million times, everyone I meet that is touring or looking at school I tell them to come visit or consider it. Flagler College has classes between 18-25 students, I had a class with nine kids last semester. This campus is so judge free, I have been able to become my true self and make so many great friends in my major and outside of the classes. Most of the staff is very easy going, but know when work needs to be done which is fantastic. The extracurricular activities are awesome, we probably have a club for everything you can think of. I help with the Flagler Phoenixes Quidditch Team, yes we have that. I also am an active member in the volunteer club along with the photography club and sometimes the gargoyle. Flagler has so much to offer and its a real downer if incoming students don't even look into it.

Kaylene

Flagler College is a very beautiful campus and it very close to the beach. Because Flagler is in a historic part of Florida, there are lots of tourists and many shops and activities you can part take in to get to more know about St.Augustine and everything it has to offer. The school has a great community and is very welcoming.

Mackenzie

Flagler College sits in the heart of downtown St. Augustine. It is surrounded by local restaurants, live music, small shops, and numerous historic monuments. It's placement allows for students to learn about the history of the town they now call home. There is plenty of opportunity to step off campus and still have the ability to learn something new. Additionally, on campus provides a sort of sanctuary where students and faculty alike can stop and exchange conversation or simply mention something in passing. The small class sizes generate the perfect one on one connections between students and their professors. The professors know you and it creates greater opportunity to approach them and join in faculty led research. There is plenty of opportunity to join something on campus; whether it be clubs, community service events, film viewings, or class groups. It's the perfect place to learn and create new friendships and connections. I can firmly say that I believe everyone thrives on and off campus.

Ella

As a current student attending Flagler College, I have been able to engage in activities and events that has allowed me to make new friends. I feel comfortable to show up to planned events without the pressure of others making me feel unwelcome. I like the independence I have been given and I also enjoy the gorgeous dining hall surrounded by tiffany glass, friendly staff, and delicious food. The campus is beautiful during the day and makes me feel safe at night because of the 24/7 security. The education provided from Flagler College is exceptional and has provided me with knowledge from professors who genuinely care about each student they instruct.

Vera

Flagler College provides an active and diverse student body that is intellectually engaging both inside and outside of class. The student body also provides great support for each other, and that makes a world of difference, since we all need a support system, something that Flagler provides.