Temple Terrace, FL
Florida College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Florida College

Nicati

The staff and students are very friendly, helpful, and encouraging. I have shared meals with professors both in the dining hall and in their homes. Classes are challenging, but there is plenty of support from teachers and other students to help you out.

The biggest problem that I have encountered is a lack of flexibility in scheduling. In other words, when a school has only around 500 students, there are many courses that only need to be offered for one section each semester. If two classes that I want to take are scheduled at the same time, I may only be able to take one of them that semester. This has not been a major problem so far, and the smaller size of the school also means that the sizes of my classes (as a freshman) ranged from 6 to about 30 students.

Do not fight with your brother. Do not wait until the last minute. Yes, others say that. Great minds think alike. Remember that PEOPLE are dealing with your admissions and scholarship paperwork. Be nice. Historic dorms have historic plumbing. Sign up anyway; the people are great. Know that there is someone having a harder time paying for college, keeping their grades up, or recovering from illness than you. Try to understand both sides before speaking or writing. Things will not work out the way you expect them too. It’ll be okay, though. (I’m accurate, unlike Harry Potter’s divination teacher; don’t worry.) If you happen to spend your first weeks at college sick and out-of-it, try not to say anything memorable. “Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil.” (Proverbs 3: 7) Even if it means speaking up, you can do it. Otherwise, God wouldn’t have told you to. Continue to write things down in that notebook of yours when you are stressed; your future self will need it when she applies for a scholarship and wonders what her high school self would have liked to know.

Jessey

Wow, there is one thing I wish I would have devoted more time to. I would have applied for a ton more scholarships and dedicated myself to winning them. Now that I am in college, I feel the financial struggle and pull. I should have listened to thoses who said it will be a rough road to lead with out help financially. So, if you don't need an extra stress in your life, I suggest you dedicate yourself to seeking help. It will not lower your dignity to ask for help, instead it will raise you prestige, knowledge, and build a brighter future. THis will not only help you in college, but it will help you the rest of your life. Take advantage of "FREE MONEY." You do not need to pay an exordinate amount of loans till you are in your late 40's.

Jonathan

For Bachelor's degree students, There is a strong emphasis on job placement and real world experience in a specific field.

There is one quality that determines whether a student will be successful in college: Self-control. You have to be able control yourself physically, mentally, and financially. Keeping your body healthy is key to keeping yourself mentally focused on your education. You can do this by eating healthy and getting proper amounts of sleep. Take a reasonable amount of classes to avoid unnecessary stress. Don’t destroy your body by trying to “do it all”. Make sure to leave time for fun and relaxation, but be careful about how much time you devote to it.Try your best to maintain proper relationships with your friends because this can cause a lot of distraction from your studies. Keep your finances in order and budget your money. If you don’t, you will be busy stressing about money instead of your classes. In all of these areas, use self-control and don’t worry about everything else your friends are doing. Because I can tell you from personal experience, they probably aren’t making the wisest decisions. Focus on your education so you can make the “big bucks” in your future career!

I have met the most amazing life long friends because I attend Florida College.

Kristin

My school is only made up of a little over 500 students and is a private Christian college. This makes my school perfect for me because I learn much better in smaller class sizes and in the type of environment that Florida College provides, I have made so many new friends who have the same beliefs as myself. My college has given me the best opportunity I could find to grow socially, emotionally, spiritually, and academically.

Florida College is best known for its conservative environment that it provides students. Being a private Christian college, its students are held to very high standards. Both on and off campus, we are expected to always be dressed appropriately and to act and speak in a manner that reflects positively on our school. In the community, our student body is known for being very involved in community service, blood drives, and we have obtained a very high respect from the members of our community.

My senior year of high school, I was very irresponsible academically. If I could go back in time, I would explain to myself how my foolishness and irresponsibility has literally cost me- both academically and financially. Because of the low GPA I got due to my lack of effort, I was unable to receive most financial help. I would tell myself to stop being lazy and start focussing on what really matters- school. I would make sure I stopped stressing about my social life and I would tell myself to study hard and DO MY HOMEWORK!

emily

If I could go back and speak to myself as a high school senior, I would be torn on what I would say. Upon entering my first year of college, I experimented with drugs. Within that year, my problem ballooned out of control, I found myself in an outpatient rehab. This led me to a 4- year battle, of going in and out of rehabs, until this past year, after leaving a physically abusive relationship I entered a detox program, where I learned I conracted hepatitis c at some point during my struggle. For the past year, I've been clean and living with this disease and treatment that arguably is worse than the disease itself. As much as I have been through in the past four years has been difficult and painful, I can not honestly say that I would go back and tell my high school self to not go through it. Facing all of these problems has led me to be not only a stronger person but someone who appreciates life. I've learned that life is precious and have developed a drive and a passion to complete my life goals I never would have had before.

"Whether you think you can or you cannot, you're right." This famous quote has motivated me through college so far. In high school I did not have as high self-esteem as I should have. If I could go back; I would remind myself everyday that if I want something I have to push through fears and obstacles and go get it. College has taught me that an easy and successful life isn't just handed to you. It takes hard work, dedication, and a high self-esteem to accomplish ones dreams. It can be hard to step outside of your box and experience what life has to offer. I will admit that in high school I shyed away from many great opportunities because I was afraid of messing up or being rejected. I know now, from college life, that putting myself in an uncomfortable situation can lead to a very comfortable life.

The worst thing about my school for me personally may be the fact that I am so far away from my friends back home. However, at Florida College, I am making strong friendships that are grounded in serving God, and I believe that these friendships will last me for a lifetime. I will never regret my decision to come to Florida College. It is where I know I should be.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have so many things to tell myself. The transition from high school to college is a monumental one, and life changes greatly in college. Firstly, I would tell myself that college really is what people say in some ways. College is a place that allows students to truly know what it is like to be living on their own. You have essentially moved away from home when you begin college, and I would let myself know that homesickness is normal, but that after awhile in college, the sadness dissipates, and it become easy to adjust to a new life, new friends, and new opportunities. I would also remind myself that all the stress and responsibility that comes with college does not have to be dealt with without the help of others. Being away from home does not mean being away from the need to seek encouragement or strength from others. Along this line, I would tell myself to be unafraid, and boldly go toward the task at hand, understanding that college will be an amazing, challengins experience that will change the future.

The most frustrating thing about Florida College is the narrow selection of majors. However, with the Liberal Studies program, students can choose components that cover multiple areas of education, from business to history to religious thought. Florida College works hard to make sure each student gets the abosolute best education available to them.

Katherine

If i was able to go back in time i would because it would be a great oppurinity for me to try harder in school and do good on my SAT and ACT. The ACT and SAT are two different tests that allow you to get into colleges depending on the score you make and what type of classes that you may need to take. Another thing is that i wish that i took things differently like for example during the summer taking some classes that i dont have to take now because i think it will be harder for me to graduate on time with my AA degree. The important thing is try and apply to many colleges and see where you get in to. Also applying for scholarships to help you to pay for college. Some of these things that i have mentioned are very important that i personally didnt do all of them my senior year of highschool and i wished that i have.

A type of person that maybe doesnt care about school and rather just sit at home and do nothing with their life. Also this college is different from all the other colleges which is in a good way because we live here at Florida College in a christian enviroment. The type of person that belives in sex, drugs and acholal isnt right for this school and would be kicked out; but if wanting to live the right christian way this school is right for you.

The best part i love about this school is the love and compassion toward others, and i tell my bestfriend that all the time. Another thing that i like to tell my friends is that a lot of people dont judge you for who you are because you believe in the same thing, but there are a little amount of the people that do. Also the classes are smaller then most colleges in which i love the most because you can get the learning experience more and the one on one help.

The biblically based atmosphere. It is AMAZING! The professors care about you and the Lord, there is a chapel service every morning, and the modest dress code is awesome.

I took a lot of time in high school to have fun in ways i shouldnt have been having fun. Being in college now, i can see how those things were more harmful. My advice to my old self would be to remeber who you are. Thats what my dad always told me, but i never applied it until this point in my life. Learn to study and work hard so everything else will come easy to you. Don't become a statistic and be known as a kid who did what every other person your age did: ignore their parents and think they know better. You are an amazing girl with incredible potential to reach the stars and achieve your wildest dreams. You can do it if you keep your head on straight, and I know you can.

That FC isn't the stereotype everyone thinks it is. People here are real and not everyone is a "bible beater". Anyone can fit in. That's what I actually had to learn once I got here.

Florida College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.