Temple Terrace, FL
Florida College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Florida College

Hayley

The definition of a college experience varies greatly depending on who you ask. I have only been in college for a short year and a half, but I have learned a lot. I have learned to be more independent, both in my studies and in life. I also learned some harder things. One of those things is that it is not as easy to make friends as it was when I started elementary school. When you grow up with all of the same people for twelve years, you do not realize how much of an effort it takes to get involved with new things and new people. I came to realize this slowly when most of my friends went to different colleges, but now I am adjusting. I believe that this experience was and continues to be very valuable because without it I would not be having these experiences which are teaching me to grow and preparing me for life in the "real world."

Aubrey

Florida College is best known for its close knit atmosphere. The college is small, compared to other Universities; actually the college is smaller than some high schools. With only five hundred students, it makes it hard not to be close with everyone. I believe that because of its size it allows people to connect in ways that larger Universities cannot. I’ve began my second semester at Florida College and I can confidently say that I know every face; but not only their faces but their names also. Because of this, I am more confident in every aspect of college.

Florida College was not my first pick for a University. I had originally chosen the University of North Carolina Charlotte, because of its outstanding business program and popular name. However, towards the end of my senior year, my parents forced me to apply and ultimately attend Florida College. I grew to hate the idea of leaving my comfort zone to move to unfamiliar territory. So when it was official, that I was going to attend Florida College, I chose to be pessimistic. It wasn’t two weeks later that I realized how thankful I was to be a student at Florida College. The college has been a blessing for me; I would even say that it saved part of who I am. Throughout high school I was able to endure the temptations of drugs and parties; however, I had this fear that I would not be able to simply ignore the atmosphere of a larger college. Florida College is a spiritual based and strong environment. I know that I could simply walk up to a stranger and find comfort. Therefore, because of this comfort and this stronghold I am able to ignore temptations and set my focus on my future.

Florida College is great for someone who loves people. Like I said before, the college is based on a tight group of people. Therefore, someone who loves being involved should come to this school.

Nathaniel

Florida College is a school dedicated to providing excellence and truth in a godly environment.

College has taught me how to learn. It has pushed me to learn to think more efficiently and to better apply my mental capabilities. It is teaching me discipline. I am gaining valuable skills and knowledge. In high school, I barely scraped through Algebra 2. My first semester in college, I took PreCalculus with Trigonometry. It was a struggle. I was expected to absorb large amounts of material and apply it quickly. But I learned how to study and gradually began to want to learn to understand instead of just learning to pass the test. I started to see the practical nature of Calculus and Trigonometry. I saw that they allow me to calculate angles for building and pulley speeds for mechanics. The motivation to learn for the love of learning is driving me towards being a better employee and worker. The tests in the PreCalculus course forced me to study hard for a deadline. I had to play catch-up for a lot of the semester because I didn't study hard in high school. Now I am motivated to work hard from the start. College has taught me to learn, and to do it for the right reasons.

Florida College is a school for those interested in an excellent education in a Christian environment. It is a school for someone who searches for uncompromised truth. A person who wants to learn and interact with people in a great environment should come to Florida College.

Joycelyn

I considered no other schools because I knew this one was the place for me. This school is unique because of its small classes and the attention that the professors give each student. If we need help with a subject, each professor will gladly open his/her office to help you with whatever you need. Some of the teachers are even there to just talk if you need advise. Each professor is a Christian which gives me confidence that I can go to them with whatever, and they will do thier best to help me according to God's word.

My college experience so far has been one in a million. I am so thankful that I was given the opportunity to attend Florida College. With my college experience I have recieved a deeper meaning to the words friends, academics, and faith. FC is a small college mainly consisting of NT Christians. The environment is a very clean and spiritual place to live and learn. My experience has taught me to become a better friend, and that everyone needs a friend. It also has taught me the importance of academics and learning in my life, but most importantly has taught me that God needs to by my number one priority in everything that I learn. At FC, their priority is to put God first, this has left a large example in my mind, which has helped strenghten my faith. I am a stronger Christian, yet understand my learning is never done. I appreciate what my college experience has given me in making life-long friends, learning the importance of academics, and strengthing my faith. Each items has and will affect me for the rest of my life.

Florida College is a small school with only about 500 students. I love the some environment. Everyone is always so kind to each other, but the best part of my school is its Christian environment. Most of the students are New Testament Christians so we all have close standards and the same goal of heaven. This school provides me an opportunity to learn from other Christians my own age.

Logan

I've learned so much, made such great friends, started becoming more independent, got a new family, and did it all in a wonderful envronment. Attending FC has let me make a ton of friends, the weather is amazing, and the family is tops. Even though the price may be steep, it is definitely worth going for two years, and I'm going for four. Though the rules may be strict, I feel they limit me very nicely and are a buffer for keeping me safe and out of any trouble. Sometimes words can fail to describe how amazing it is here. I truly have benefitted here more so than I would at any other college. Go Falcons!

The feeling of being in a family outside of your relatives. I love my FC family and most of my friends here will be friends for life. I've lived, cried, played, loved, been to funerals, been to games, drove back home, and hung out with these people. They are my family away from home. Being from Ohio and still being welcomed into the homes here in Florida have made me appreciate my new Christian family here at Florida College.

A person straight out of high school, even a former homeschooler like me. Also a religious person, the most comfortable fit being a Christian, though just being religious is alright because Bible classes are required daily and there is morning chapel. Also a fun person who expects to make college whatever they want it to be and is in for a good time without feeling threatened by other beliefs or pressures.

Jacky

An amazing place to grow within a family based on God.

An amazing place to grow within a family based on God.

I have grown so much since attending FC. I can not think of any school that would serve my better in any way, shape, or form. I am able to praise God everyday and also get my education. I am able to be around like minded people who are for the most part very intellegnt. I am getting trained for my career, not just a job, but a CAREER to serve Gods word. I am also in a very high thought of college. The program that I am in is known to produce very good teachers, and is there for thought better of than most others. I believe that I have mad the best choice in my life and will never regret it. I know that going to FC has changed my and will continue to do so in a beautiful and posotve way.

I only have one thing that could be called a nuisance and not the worst thing. It is having Aerobics loated several miles from the school itself. Other than that, I absolulty love and would highly recommend this college for anyone wanting to grow emotinally, intellectually, and spiritually.

Caleb

So far, my college experience has been incredible! Though I've only been here for a short time, I feel right at home. The teachers are very helpful and personable, making the classes much easier to understand. They teach in a good and Godly way. That's another amazing thing about Florida College, the Christian atmosphere. Most of the teacher's are Christians, and they teach their classes according to the Bible. I have already learned so much, and my faith has never been stronger.

Its a wonderful school with great classes. All of it set in a Christian atmosphere.

Benjamin

Florida College is best known for the spiritual teaching and growth of young Christians. A lot of the young men attend Florida College and receive a degree in Biblical Studies, and plan to preach God's Word.

Preparing yourself for college should begin long before your senior year. However, it's better to begin sometime rather than never. High school seniors should make a commitment to themselves to work hard their last year before college. This would include listening and taking advice from instructors, counselors, and parents. Studying is a must. You can't wait until college to learn to study. Get tips and advice from friends or teachers on how to study. Time managment and organization is something that will help your college life. Start these habits in high school. These skills will help you manage your academics more efficiently. Also, prepare yourself financially. Save money, apply for scholarships, and learn to manage money. Getting your finances in order can help take off stress, so that you can concentrate more on academics.

Florida College is a small private college in Temple Terrace, Florida. I believe the best thing about his school is the emphasis on a spiritual relationship with our creator, the one true God. The majority of faculty and staff are Christians and actually care about the students. They want each student to succeed academically and grow spiritually.

Lane

The best thing about FC is the amazingly spiritual friends you will make and keep for life. If i could change one thing, it would be that I would make all the Bible classes pass/fail, but even so, the Bible classes are not too difficult and are incredibly informative. The size of the campus and school is just right, especially for coming right out of high school. its much much less intimidating than a huge university. most of my time spent on campus is in my suite with my wonderful suitemates in our beautiful new drom, Terrace Hall. Tampa is a fun city too! it is not too big, but there is still so much to do in the area! and the weather is perfect. The best, and maybe most unusual time on the FC campus is during lectures week. many classes get canceled, but you will run out of time to attend all the wonderful lectures the school will offer that week and you will be delighted and the energy and joy that permeates the campus.

very friendly, too conservative, on the hunt for a spouse

YES- students on the FC campus are unusually friendly. I've taken classes at a community college and other students passed me without so much as a smile. But at FC, even if you do not know the student personally, almost everyone will say hello and smile as you pass. NO- students at FC have their priorities in the right place and most are just trying to do God's will in all aspects of their lives. NO- although many students do meet their future spouses at FC, there is little pressure to get engaged, or even to be dating someone. Even if there is an unspoken pressure or expectation, it is very easy to ignore.

Eric

The best thing about FC is the friends you will have for the rest of your life. Growing up, i didnt have any Christian friends my age. When i came to FC, all of my friends were Christians and i loved it. i was never being pressured into doing things i dont want to do and i always know they are there for me, both emotionally and spiritually.

No, everybody at FC seems to get along with each group very well.

I love how all of my professors know my name. They have a genuine desire to see you succeed. FC is just like any other college in Academics. I think its exactly what you make of it. If you take easy classes, it will be easy, if you take hard classes, it will be hard.

There are soooooooo many things to do! Theres societies, forensics, theatre, chorus, jazz and wind ensemble, friends, camp friends, circle K, class offices, sbga and so on.

Some people think that students at FC are very closed-minded.

Most of our students at Fc are Christians. I love never hearing curse words or other fowl thing when you walk past somebody. We all have the same goal in life.

Florida College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.