Garden City, KS
Garden City Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Garden City Community College

Anne

When I first came to the school, I had an overwhelming general anxiety disorder that became a disability. Every teacher and every student gave me a flood of support for my disease, and I found others who had it as well. Despite my disability, I had most of my general education credits finished since Garden City Community College did outreach courses an hour and a half away at Greeley County High School, so I didn't have to really do anything besides my degree and the occasional English or Economics class. Since I could almost solely focus on my major, my art education was leaps and bounds above my little high school. I learned concepts that didn't just apply to art, my instructors applied them to my morals. Other factions of my college, such as the band, made the college one-hundred times more welcoming. I still talk to my underclassmen, faculty, and other forms of staff, even from other sectors of my college, even though I haven't been enrolled there for almost a year. I have made other connections outside of the college or to other alumni through the friends I made there. I also still associate with other pieces of the college, such as the Residential Life, administration, Campus Police, and cafeteria workers. They've become my best friends and mentors. Speaking of cafeteria workers, they go above and beyond the call of duty. When they were away in the middle of the summer, they left us food to keep our sides apart. They also had a program to give us food in case classes kept us from cafeteria hours. Unfortunately, the athletic department brings in awful students who trash the dorms, fill themselves with any drug they can get their hands on (including fecal matter), make me feel unsafe once in a while, and lower the junior college to a grade-school level, but everything else offsets the damage they do. I deeply enjoyed my experience there, and in Garden City, Kansas I've stayed.

Aubrey

It is a good college to start off in. Class sizes are good for one on one learning and if you feel you need extra help you can reach most professors in their office at the posted hours. Some of the teachers act like they don't want to be there so it makes the class hard to sit through.

Logan

Garden City Community College has been my home for the last 2 and a half years. I grew up in this town with a sketchy academic background. When I first started here, I needed a lot of foundation help. by the end of my career here, I have earned over 50 credit hours and come fall I am transferring to K-State. Without the amazing staff and welcoming student body I don't think I'd have made it this far!

Caitlynn

The students of Garden City Community College are reliable, responsible and they know how to behave and get work done.

Some of the things that you can brag about with Garden City Community College are the teachers, the buildings and the learning.

Jacob

GCCC is the only school with in 500miles that offers the John Deere Technical Program where you learn all there is to know about John Deere Machines and when I graduate it gives me many options on where i can live and who i can work for and as stated before it is the only school with in 6 to 7 hours of driving that offers the program

I would go back and tell my self to just go for it, that picking a major is not as set in stone as i thought it would be . That college while it is differant and it is higher education that its not as hard as some people make it out to be. Also to go back and tell my self to start looking for scholarships that even though i had worked hard to save money for school that it would not be enough and that there many ways of for paying for college. One last thing is to just calm down, college is no cake walk and that i will need to apply my self but that there is fun to be had also and that the evil teacher storys are not always true.

I wish i had known how to find scholarships i knew that college would cost money and more money than i had it was just a matter of finding places that offered money to a student like me in the program that i am taking

Jill

I am a non-traditional student, and didn't start taking college class until I had been out of high school for 2 1/2 years. By this time I was married and was pregnant with my first child. It took me 3 1/2 years to receive my 2 year degree because I was taking only a few classes a semester. If I could go back in time and do it all over again I would of started college right out of high school without the break in between. I also would have tried to start applying for scholarships during my senior year in high school. I found that it was much more difficult to go back to school when you are working a full time job and taking care of a family. I am proud to say that I decided to go back to school and I received my associate?s degree, but it was a long road. I am now excited but also scared to start school again to receive my bachelors? degree.

The best thing about this school is the quality. You can get a quality education that is affordable. They offer classes that can suit the needs of not only full time students but also part-time and non-traditional students as well.

This school is a great place for everyone. It doesn't matter what you?re financial or ethnic background may be, there is a place for you here. It is a very welcoming and encouraging school to start out at. I think that any "kind" of person would feel welcome here and will succeed here as long as they are looking for an education.

Garden City Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.