Garrett College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Garrett College

Lettie

Overall this is a great school! Most of the facility contributed to my success while attending. The only reason I am giving three stars is because the housing situation. During COVID-19 the female to male ratio on the campus was very different. So I do not recommend living on campus as a young woman at this time. I also feel I have experienced discrimination as a woman by the RA Life Manager and I am not the only one to attest to this, other female students who work closely with the RA Life Manager said they too have felt uncomfortable about how he has handled some situations. I have heard opinions from male students also agreeing to the fact that the RA Life Manager can be "sexist". So if you are sending your daughter off to college I would just be mindful of this.

mikayla

Where do I begin ? Garrett College is a great institution to begin your higher education. The class ratios are very reasonable, on-on-one time with professors are available. The college's help centers are always dependable students use them to their advantages. Most professors are very flexible with office hours they are available to help. Campus life is vibrant there are usually a number of different events going on throughout each semester. The school has provided tutoring in the residence halls that has been the best thing all year. The students are very eager to learn, and we value our education. Procrastination may come upon us, but we always complete our assignments. Garrett College is a place where students excel !

Sydnee

It's a great school. The professors help you if you ask; with it being such a small college you really get that one-on-one time with your professors. They are here to see/help you succeed in your two years. It's in a very rural area so having a car is extremely recommended!

Brandon

It is overall a good college. 20 - 25 students per class. Instructors willing to go the extra mile for students that are truly willing to put forth the effort and a great atmosphere all around. Garrett College offers plenty of resources that any student has access to

Angela

My experience at Garrett College as a local student has been very fulfilling. Garrett College takes academics very seriously despite being the smallest community college in the state of Maryland. There are lots of school activities to partake in and it is a very rewarding atmosphere.

drew

Garrett College is a small school with small class sizes.It is not the fanciest but you definetly get your money out of it. The Natural Resources and Wildlife Technology program is the best and truly pushes your boundaries to become a better person and student. upon graduating you will know things and be able to really impress future employers.

Robert

Garrett College is a good college especially for a lot of the local kids looking to further there education. It is a nice place to learn and the only downside I would say is that it is just not that big of a school. Most of the professors will help you as much as you need and they male themselves available a lot which is really nice is you are ever having any problems.

Felisha

I think Garrett College is an amazing community college for locals, as well as anyone else. Compared to another college I have attended, their communications skills and helpfulness has been outstanding. I have sent multiple emails of questions after questions to the financial aid offices, admissions and aids, professors and registration and they have always gotten back to me very promptly and efficiently. No one has ever complained or just not responded to my emails full of questions rather they are full end questions regarding tuition or something minor regarding an assignment. Garrett College has given me a very pleasant experience with helping me reach my goals and I am very thankful for that.