Gavilan College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Gavilan College

Kristina

Since it’s a community college it does not have a lot of the great academic resources available. It’s not a bad school, but it’s not the best. I would much rather go to a school that puts more money into taking care of their teachers, students, and buildings.

edwin

Its a decent size school but academics needs to improve

Nathaniel

Although Gavilan College is a good community college, after visiting bigger universities and comparing things such as subject matter available you notice a big difference. Especially if you plan to transfer to earn a degree in engineering, you will not be able to take any engineering courses here.

Mari

It's a good school. The class sizes are relatively small and it is not as hard to keep up with teachers. Calm campus with a good enough students' center. Workers in the library are always happy to help any student that is having trouble. Also other students might be willing to help as well.

Isabel

Great school for anybody around the community. There are great teachers as well.They always try to find a way for students to succeed in any possible way. With this being said. It allowed me to be more open to people who are on that campus. And not be shy to ask questions.

Tanner

My overall opinion of this Junior College is that it really is an excellent school to attend if you would like to earn an Associates degree or save a tremendous amount of money when transferring to a 4 year institution like myself. I highly recommend this two year college to anyone who wishes to transfer to another school or complete their general education.

Grace

Overall, Gavilan is a great community college. Most of my teachers were very helpful and involved with the students. They were always there when I needed them. The class sizes at Gavilan are usually under forty as well, so the teachers actually get to know you. While Gavilan is in a rural area, it's quite beautiful with great weather. It's a lot of fun to see turkeys, squirrels, and quails among other animals run around the lush mountain campus. At Gavilan the community is great. There are plenty of clubs and the ASB is always thinking of something fun to do. The counselors are helpful, and the school provides services of all kinds, such as a health office, food pantry, veteran's services, plenty of free tutoring, and disabled student's services. My one complaint would be that the buildings are old. However, the county recently passed a measure giving a substantial amount of money to Gavilan to update their buildings! After four semesters at Gavilan, I really love it. That whole time I only had a problem with one teacher, and I was able to resolve it easily. I highly recommend Gavilan for anyone who wants to go a community college where they truly care about their student's needs.

Gina

Gavilan college is small but active. The campus is pretty as well there’s a creek. I have been there several times and each time, everyone is friendly. The teachers are always available and stores are everywhere in Gilroy. I was once at GECA campus but I will return back to the Gav campus hopefully.

My Linh

I don't think that the facilities are not the best and sometimes the teachers aren't that great, I think that Gavilan College has been a good fit for me so far. Gavilan still is clean and fostered a good learning environment, especially since classes are not relatively large. As long as I pull my weight, I have grown so much from my experience here. I also enjoy the small but beautiful rural campus, which really helps make me feel safe and at home.

Morgan

The students of Gavilan College are hardworking individuals that are very serious about their academics; they are the type of crowd that has never had anything handed to them. The school does everything in their power to support the students. The staff are always accessible and passionate about teaching. The college deserves more funding to develop more programs. The programs on campus are close-knit and foster a welcoming, community vibe, especially STEM, MESA, and the Learning Commons. Gavilan College provides excellent education at an affordable price.

Kaylie

Gavilan college is a basic junior community college with a handful of great teachers. There isn’t much “campus life” except for the library and maybe 1 vending machine that decides when it wants to work.