Hanceville, AL
George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville

Robert

It’s an interesting school to go to. Amazing for my first college coming from high school. The class size was much like in high school and people in college really don’t care about popularity. I met several intelligent people in college. Out of many people I met a few became my friends and now I wouldn’t trade them for the world. So my overall opinion of Wallace State College is that it is a great starting ground.

harrrison

Wallace State is The sixth best community college in the country. Out of one hundred community colleges nation wide. However this is false, for it's the best community college in the state of Alabama. The medical classes are the same level as a four year University program. At half the cost and half the time. The music program is one of the toughest programs on campus. For over twenty five years the Jazz band, concert band, and new addition of Show choir, choir and theater department have been elevating performing arts in Northern Alabama on the community college level. The faculty is one the best I have every seen. I feel that I have a personal connection to a professor who see 200 students or more a day on a regular basis. The campus is full of things to do, with an event every other week. So if you need a degree but want to take care of the basics come to Wallace state in Hancville

Danielle

It is a nice college. Everything thing looks nice and kind of new. So far I have only taken online classes, so I don't know much. They recently built their Arts building and it is really nice which means they care about the art culture as well as the science and mechanical. The teachers and staff are usually easy to contact, though there are some I would recommend waiting a couple of days to see if they respond then re-sending the email. Overall, their online classes are pretty good. The chosen books have been enjoyable, and Blackboard is easy to use though it has had some issues recently. The teachers I've had and currently have know their subject and offer materials besides the required book to help us learn everything there is to learn. I have really enjoyed attending WSCC thus far, and if I knew anyone who was looking for a community college in this area I would recommend this college.

Katelin

It is a great college to go to before one moves off to a bigger university. It is great to be closer to home but still get the college experience. I enjoy being close to home and still being able to get all the college experience needed for my move to Auburn University.

Madison

I absolutely LOVE Wallace. It is just the right size and the student to teacher ratio is great. I went on tour of two other community colleges and Wallace won by a long shot. Everyone there is so nice and do anything and everything to help you with whatever you need. The teachers and advisors get to know all of their students and take time with them to help however they can.

I honestly don't know if we have a stereotype, but if we do I am sure it is that we are a community college so we are a bunch of kids that are not serious about school. That is not accurate at all though. We all take our education very seriously.

There are all kinds of students at Wallace. I don't believe that anyone would feel out of place because everyone is so nice. All financial backgrounds are prevalent.

The academics at Wallace are wonderful. The teachers take pride in their jobs and make sure that what they are saying actually sticks. They will work with you if you are having trouble and work with you until you understand. My favorite class in Math 112 with Dr. Boyd. He is so funny and he is a really good teacher. He does not move on until he knows everyone understands and all questions are answered. I do not have a least favorite class. Class participation is common. Some teachers when doing group work put you with people that you didn't know before meeting them in class and that is a lot of fun. I have made several new friends because our teacher made us get out of our comfort zone. I am majoring in Elementary Education. Athens offers classes on the Wallace Campus and that is where I plan to transfer to finish my degree.

Kari

"Find your worth": a phrase I should have actually considered when I was in high school. Everyone has stress in life, but the biggest issues for me have been results of not knowing my own value. This was a major predicament when it came time to look at colleges. I was so focused on where my friends were going- and how they would view me if I went to a certain school or chose a certain program. I was worried about losing friends & about making new friends. I thought that I had to go somewhere prestigious, do something amazing, and leave a legacy. Throughout my college experience, I lost friends, changed my major (3 times), and am now planning to transfer schools. I have learned that my worth isn't in my friends or school or major. My worth comes from the Lord, and He will direct my paths. As I have found my worth in Him more and more, I have received so much peace and guidance. If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior, that's the only thing I would say. It would've saved me from a world of stress.

The best thing to me would be the size of the school. It's big enough to have a university feel, but small enough to get away on your own if you want to. You aren't always surrounded people and you can go study or hang out peacefully; you can also surround yourself with people and have fun.

The most frustrating thing would probably be parking. There are some parts on campus where you will never have any trouble finding a parking spot. And then there are other parts where you have to circle the building/parking lot 3 or 4 times before you find one.

Ashraf

My School was a 4 years institute in Egypt for Computer and Adminstration Science

The best advice that I can give to my self is the more I listen to people, the more I understand and I communicate better with people. I also like to listen to more education to help the others with my knowledge.

The best thing about my school is that it goes with both computer and accounting. I would like to continue to study accounting here in the USA to be able to find a good job.

My classmates at Wallace State are surprisingly alot older than me. Students that choose college straight out of high school are actually the minority. I think it is great that people around my moms age are choosing to go back to school, especially with the economy the way it is right now.

If I could go back in time to when I was a senior in high school, I would do alot of things different. At the time of graduation, I had no plans of transferring to a University after attending Wallace State. Now, just two years later, I can't imagine not transferring. I would stress the importance of studying and let myself know college is much different than high school. I wouldn't of doubted myself and say " I cant" as much, and instead listen to my teachers more or seek the help of a tutor. Don't get caught up in the drama of high school, knowing now that nobody cares what you are wear, or who your friends with in college. I would let myself know that my two years at Wallace will be the best two years of my lif yet. Last but not least I would let myself know that college friends are friends that stand by you forever, they are true friends, unlike those in high school.

The thing I brag about most would have to be the new music building. Mrs. Eveloyn Burrow came to Wallace with the idea to build it, so she could have somewhere to store her million dollar art collection. Inside it has a museum and the most tuneable room in the state, which serves as our two-hundred and sixty seat rehersal hall.

kintellshia

As soon as you get to college, life starts to get real. Life gets real from your education to your social life. You have to learn how to handle your situations the mature way and not the ignorant way you would in high school. Also, when it comes to your college work, you need to study as much as you can. Deadlines come quicker than you think and professors does not baby you when it comes to your work. You need to find as many scholarships as you can so you can diminish the amount you owe back to the selected college. Stay focus in school, set goals, learn how to balance your life, and think before you act on anything.

Kristen

there is not enough parking they build new buildings all the time but there are so many students that they have to park on the grass by jumping the curbs. Instead of fixing the problem they just let the campus security write tickets.

i wouldnt have got married and i would have put more into my education instead of my engagment

Wallace is best known for there nursing program. People come from all around just to apply for it.

George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.