Georgetown, KY
Georgetown College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgetown College

Tess

Georgetown College promotes individualized paths and has a variety of things to do. However, it is a suitcase school, so the weekends are rather boring. If i didn't play a sport, I don't know what I would be doing. There is not much to do other than sororities and sports.

Wendy

I think the best way to describe Georgetown College is small but efficient. The professors who teach their care about the students who come to learn while the on-campus staff provides numerous services to help students in many ways. However, one thing I found lackluster is the state of the student dorms. The dorm rooms are large enough for two people to live there, but leaves that feeling of being cramped. The worst thing about the dorms are the bathrooms. In the dorm I live in, the showers are disgusting and leave much to be desired.

Bailey

I think I was meant for Georgetown College to be honest. The campus is extremely safe, if you were to ever not feel safe, there is always a campus police officer close by, willing to walk you to whenever you need to go. Classes have a perfect balance between projects, homework, and down time. Students always talk about something new they learned in class almost everyday. I did an overnight at Georgetown in October of 2017, and I got the chance to stay in sorority Sigma Kappa. They were all doing a project for an elementary Math class, and I have to say it was really interesting to watch them complete it. Even the girls on another floor came to see what wasn’t going on, even if they weren’t in the same class. Finally, the food in the Cafeteria, which we call the “Caf” is top notch food. I don’t think I will ever say that I miss home cooking, because you can get it at Georgetown College!

Kelsey

Georgetown College is known for their high standings when it comes to academics, but does academics alone make this the best school? It depends on what type of college life you want to have if Georgetown College can be considered the best for you. If you're looking for the true dorm experience in seventy year old dorms you can find that at GC! If you're lucky you might get to live in Knight Hall and take a bath in the bathtubs that have been their for centuries.

Brenna

I love Georgetown College. The moment I walked onto campus, I knew that this was the place that I was supposed to go. I feel that Georgetown College makes sure you feel wanted. They pursue you and make you feel valuable. All the administrators and staff make you feel like your voice is heard. They are more than willing to listen and help you as much as they can.

Cleome

It is too small, though the small class sizes are good. It feels like high school, everyone knows each other and are in everyone else's business. The professors are easy to find and they respond to emails mostly. Though most teachers do not post grades online so you might not know what you have in the class until the final grade report

Justin

Georgetown College has been a great experience for me. It is a small college, which reminds me of the High School I came from. That in itself, has made the transition of leaving home to attend college much easier. It is an excellent College with great Professors and students.

Alec

I LOVE Georgetown! It is small enough that everyone knows who I am. Yet the professors (usually Doctors) are very knowledgeable and work with anyone who needs help. I could not have chosen a better school for myself.

Julia

It is small and quite which is nice. However as of now I feel the school is rather uneventful if you do not live on campus. A lot of the nexus events that i would like to attend are at night..between driving back and forth thats hard. However its small and quiet

What do students complain about most?

The dorms are really run down and need a lot of maintenance. It has really made me not want to live on campus.

Someone that wants the hustle and bustle of the college experiences. Where its a small school i feel like when I am going to class i never see anyone

I think someone that wants a small class size school. Some of the classes I am in only have 15 people in them.

Again I would say the Nexus events scheduled throughout the school. They are either at times I have class or they are late at night.

Normally about how small the classes are. There is not a whole lot of people in one room.

I would have to say that it would be the way that they don't take into consideration the fact that a lot of us do commute and it is near impossible to attend "Nexus" events on campus. We are required to have like 46 events to graduate and when you live off campus and the events are at like 7 at night it just inst logical.

Small environment creates a safe space for all students. Professors and students are extremely friendly and welcoming.

Fall in love with yourself. Seriously. Fall head over heels in love with every quality and characteristic that you possess. I know that you're fearful that certain parts of you aren't so "cool" but trust that people will love those quirky pieces. I've made a list of all the things that you should take pride in so that you'll not forget as you tend to do. 1. Own that you're different. Your Japanese heritage brings a smile to all who hear you talk about your immigrant grandmother and will cause people to be more accepting of others. 2. Keep your passion for Christ. Your fire will spark many more. 3. Volunteer and be an activist. 4. Accept your inner feminist. 5. NEVER be ashamed of your ADHD. Be open with your friends and professors about it and they will continually uplift your soul and come to your aid when needed. 6. You're awkward and weird. It sounds crazy but your oddness will warms the hearts of everyone around you. May the force be with you. 7. Lastly, remember that you are beautiful.

Georgetown College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.