Georgetown College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Georgetown College

Alec

I LOVE Georgetown! It is small enough that everyone knows who I am. Yet the professors (usually Doctors) are very knowledgeable and work with anyone who needs help. I could not have chosen a better school for myself.

Justin

Georgetown College has been a great experience for me. It is a small college, which reminds me of the High School I came from. That in itself, has made the transition of leaving home to attend college much easier. It is an excellent College with great Professors and students.

Cleome

It is too small, though the small class sizes are good. It feels like high school, everyone knows each other and are in everyone else's business. The professors are easy to find and they respond to emails mostly. Though most teachers do not post grades online so you might not know what you have in the class until the final grade report

Wendy

I think the best way to describe Georgetown College is small but efficient. The professors who teach there care about the students and get to know them on a personal level sometimes. On-campus services are provided to help students in many ways such as a security office that is quick to access, janitors and dining floor workers are easy to talk to and interact with students on their off time, and student activity providers that find different things to entertain the students out of class. Not to mention the many clubs that are found on campus, my favorite was Gamer's Guild, where I met my friends. However, two things I found lackluster is the state of the student dorms. The dorm rooms are large enough for two people to live there, but leaves that feeling of being cramped. The dorm I stayed in freshman year, Allen Hall, felt dirty, especially the showers, some of the shower handles were corroded and were a health risk if someone got cut. Another issue is the food sometimes, the food quality differs from day to day, sometimes good, sometimes bad. onetime the cafeteria served under-cooked chicken fingers. The saving grace of the food was The Grille where they served fresh food like hamburgers and sandwiches. To conclude, the education and the on-campus activities are good, the dorms and food leave a lot to be desired.

Brenna

I love Georgetown College. The moment I walked onto campus, I knew that this was the place that I was supposed to go. I feel that Georgetown College makes sure you feel wanted. They pursue you and make you feel valuable. All the administrators and staff make you feel like your voice is heard. They are more than willing to listen and help you as much as they can.

Kelsey

Georgetown College is known for their high standings when it comes to academics, but does academics alone make this the best school? It depends on what type of college life you want to have if Georgetown College can be considered the best for you. If you're looking for the true dorm experience in seventy year old dorms you can find that at GC! If you're lucky you might get to live in Knight Hall and take a bath in the bathtubs that have been their for centuries.

Kelsey

Bailey

I think I was meant for Georgetown College to be honest. The campus is extremely safe, if you were to ever not feel safe, there is always a campus police officer close by, willing to walk you to whenever you need to go. Classes have a perfect balance between projects, homework, and down time. Students always talk about something new they learned in class almost everyday. I did an overnight at Georgetown in October of 2017, and I got the chance to stay in sorority Sigma Kappa. They were all doing a project for an elementary Math class, and I have to say it was really interesting to watch them complete it. Even the girls on another floor came to see what wasn’t going on, even if they weren’t in the same class. Finally, the food in the Cafeteria, which we call the “Caf” is top notch food. I don’t think I will ever say that I miss home cooking, because you can get it at Georgetown College!

Sophie

In general, I would say that Georgetown College is pretty average in everything except for academics. Academics are fantastic and I'm receiving a top of the line education with some of the best professors I've ever had. I will caution you, don't be entirely fooled by what you see on tours and what is told to you by your recruiter. Georgetown is currently on the mend as there have been some major security issues in the last several months--some of which occurred just a minute from my dorm building. Aside from crime off campus, there is a LOT of alcohol and drug use across the campus, even after users have been reported. Joining Greek Life is outrageously expensive with no other alternatives and can make the independent feel like they don't belong during a lot of campus events which heavily involve Greek activity. Disability access on campus in nonexistent as most of the people who go here are athletic recruits who have no need for a wheelchair ramp or disability access doors. (The gym is currently designed for able-bodied persons only.) I will say though that not everything here at Georgetown is the worst ever. However tough it may be sometimes on campus, I can't say that I would necessarily choose to come somewhere different. There is absolutely a wonderful community within and supporting the college, and professors are kind, sweet, and understanding of personal difficulties and life situations. Therapy and counseling is F R E E on campus as well, so you never have to fork over more money when you're in a desperate time of need or struggling with personal disaster. The traditions here are quirky and fun to attend, and I've made lifelong friends during my time on campus, just within my first year. I would absolutely recommend Georgetown to somebody, but only if they are willing to overlook certain issues on the campus and stand up for themselves when confronted with them.

James

I am very excited to attend Georgetown this fall. All it took for me was one visit and I knew this was where I wanted to be for the next four years. Everything is perfect for me. It's a small campus with small classes, but the facilities are nice and there is plenty to do in town.

Kennedy

This school has a lot of potential for students interested in continuing their academic career. If you are looking for a party school, this isn't it. While it is fun to go here, there is always a focus on character building, continuation of your career and how you are personally moving forward in your goals.

Tess

Georgetown College promotes individualized paths and has a variety of things to do. However, it is a suitcase school, so the weekends are rather boring. If i didn't play a sport, I don't know what I would be doing. There is not much to do other than sororities and sports.