Lansing, MI
Great Lakes Christian College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Great Lakes Christian College

Frank

GLCC helped set the course of my life in a positive direction. I learned to learn there. The grading scale was challenging and remains so. If you're looking for community college simplicity you won't find it there. But you will find small classes with professors who know your name and are accessible outside the classroom. When I went to graduate school I was fully prepared to think through complex theological issues and felt right at home in classrooms with students from larger, "more prestigious" institutions. GLCC is small, so at times it feels a little like you haven't left high school. But if you mind your business, focus on your books, and really engage with the professors, you will learn. There are a small segment of students, however, who attend small colleges like GLCC because they're bodies are at college but their heads are still in high school. I avoided them, stayed focused, and benefitted from doing so. As an alumnus, I am always on the lookout for the best and brightest students. My organization has hired several GLCC alumni and are always on the lookout for sharp intern candidates from GLCC. My wife and I are financial supporters because we believe in GLCC. I continue to have great affection for my time at GLCC and a love for the people who shared that part of my life.

Phil

Great Lakes has always been a small comfortable college with a big community feel. Professors are personable and ready to help. Students find great direction for their lives as they learn and as they connect with students and faculty. Great place to be!

Maria

Great Lakes Christian College has become my second home. I love it here! The faculty are always happy to see you, they are really supportive and really want to help you. I have met so many amazing people and have had such a great time! Academically, I have done extremely well. That is all thanks to the great professors and staff at GLCC! I don't see myself at any other college and I'm going to do all I can to stay!

Eva

I would tell myself to have fun and not to worry about fitting in and to concentrate on my school work because right now at this moment I was strugguling to be accepted but I dont have to worry about that anymore because I have decided just concentrate on my school work and passing. I have friends that I talk to and if i have problem I have professors who I can talk to.

There is nothing wrong about my school. I consider everything to be good. this is a Christian College so there realy isn't anything wrong with my school.

Everyone should attened this school. It isn't just for chirtians it is for everyone and anyone who wants to attened. They dont turn anyone away.

Robert

If I could go back to high school, I would tell myself to form good study habits now. The work in high school was always kind of a joke, and I knew I could blow it off without hurting too bad. I've developed a really bad habit of procrastination that can cause me a lot of stress. I'd also warn myself about the amount of morning classes required, and advise myself to begin developing good sleep habits. Really, that's what the sum of my advice would be; develop good habits for the future now.

The professors are very engaging and helpful.

They can be very closed-minded. They fear change, and can react hostilly when challenged.

Jill

This college has a rough history but is on the upswing and very focused on the students, what they want and need, and how the faculty can best aid them.

My classmates are helpful and always willing to share notes, study with me, or just hang out as friends.

I would really advise myself to work hard in High School and earn better grades. So much finanacial aid is based on your High School GPA and it would have lessened my financial burden. I would also tell myself not to worry so much about fitting in and finding friends because once you get to college that happens all by itself. I would remind myself that it is good to have a plan and know kind of where you want to go in life but it is still okay if you don't have everything figured out because there is staff that will help you and a lot of deciding is just in taking different classes and figuring out what interests you.

Claire

This is actually something I have thought about alot since coming to college. Everyone is always talking about how they wish they could go back and do things over, how they wish they could change some things about their past. To be completely honest, I wouldn't change a thing and I would have any advice to give myself. From middle school, every choice I made and every thing I did led me to where I am. If when I went back I knew that if I did that same things and would end up here, I guess really, I would tell myself to keep doing what I'm doing. I can't think of anywhere I would rather be than here. I love the school and I love the people. I have no doubt that the friends I have now, will be my friends for life. There is no major advice I would give myself, I think that the way I was living was teh best way to prepare for coming here and I would tell myself not to change anything I was doing.

The one thing I brag about the most is the fact that the school is small enough that I can eat lunch with my professors and even the President of the college. Everyone here is on first name basis with everyone and the professors all give us their addresses and phone numbers at the beginning of the year. It's really cool to be on a first name basis, and be friends, with your professors.

The only really frustrating thing about this school is the cost. It's an amazing school, it just costs a little more because it is a private Christian college.