Goodman, MS
Holmes Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Holmes Community College

Aelicia

My overall opinion of Holmes Jr college is it is great for someone who is looking to come to school and not looking for any other excitement here on campus. I am student who has joined the few clubs offered here on campus that is appealing for me , such as; student government, mosiacs and i even took the time to start up my own organization. The class size is on the average size which is great for me because i feel more in touch to what my instructors are teaching. Ive never had a problem were i am unable to reach my instructors if i have a question, whether that be through email or visiting them during there office hours. I am not to fund of the selection choice of food but it is do able, there aren't many places to visit as we are in a rural area so you would have to travel several miles for entertainment and restaurants. We don't have class on Fridays which is great for me but then again that's just my opinion. I do hate the fact that we cant stay on campus during the weekend because to me that's just weird and sometime it is a bit of a inconvenience with the constant back and forth. Overall, I love it here .

I absolutely love Holmes. It is a very welcoming and academically challenging school. There is a variety of groups to get involved in and the people are very welcoming. The teachers are very available for students who need help or questions. And many are very interested in the success of their students.

Keiosha

Holmes Community College was a last minute decision, and to be honest it was the best decision I made. Holmes welcomed me with helpful staffs like advisers that make sure that I had the right credential necessary for graduation. The teachers always helped me with any situation I came upon, and would not leave until I understood it or until the problem was solved. The student body really make Holmes a wonderful environment to be in with the different type of outgoing personalities, friendly conversation and polite manners. Not only does the dedicated faculty and friendly students make Holmes a great college, but the resources, clubs, and course formats make it even better.

Jada

Holmes Community College is a great school to attend, for those who want to start off small in their educational careers. This campus has a great atmosphere and welcoming feel. The teachers and students are relatable and friendly. The school offers multiple activities for the students to get together and have a great time.

Sena

Since I am on the Ridgeland campus of Holmes Community College, the worst part is the lack of food options on campus. The student union has a kitchen and counter, however, there isn't food sold there. The college is slowly working towards offering more on campus food options. There are food trucks that come by every day of the week and sell local food for $6 or less. It would be great though if the student union also offered food.

There are various student opportunities available on campus, however, a person looking to be involved in a sorority or fraternity may not favor this campus over a university campus.

Kristin

It is smaller and more intimate than other community colleges. It is a small campus yet it is spread open but not too much. Classes are smaller and you can get more time with teachers than other community colleges allow. I go to the Ridgeland campus and it is quite nice.

I would tell my high school self to pay attention in class. There were many instances that an assignment seemed familiar yet I could not put my thumb on why. I would tell my high school seft to keep all assignments and notes from any English or Science class because they will be useful in college. I would also tell my high school self to keep all her writings and poems because she would enter into this amazing club that would appreciate her talent. I would tell her that it is ok to have fun as long as you make sure to get the work done. I would also tell my high school self that when she gets to college, life will be better and safer. I would tell her to just have confidence and new friends show up randomly at just the right moment. I would make sure she has hope and she is more excited for college than I was.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is someone who just does not care about their or anyone's education. They would just be losing money and wasting their and everyone else's time. The other kind of person who should not come to this school are the ones who cannot accept people for who they are or who they deem to be. This is an accepting school and bullying is not tolerated at all.

Holmes Community College is a great college for kids coming from small communities. Its not very big and all the students are friendly. I love this school and I'm glad i decided to attend this college.

The only one I can think of is that we are a big family here, and it is true. We all look out for one another.

The most popular activities we have are flag football, movie night, and bonfire at the bridge.

I love the students here. Everyone is nice and love to help.

The academics are great, Even if you struggle in a certain subject, you have teachers, tutors, and others that will help you improve at it.

Holmes is a great community college for someone looking to go back to school, or go straight out of high school.

When applying to college, choose the one that is best for YOU, not the one your friends, boyfriend or parents want you to attend. You are the one who will attend for 4 years, make sure it is the best fit for you. Learn the deadlines for applying for admission, FASFA and scholarships. Don’t let an opportunity pass you by because you missed a deadline! College is expensive and it will be more enjoyable if you aren’t paying for it out of pocket! Earning scholarships is a challenging, daunting very competitive task. Extracurricular activities and volunteering are your friend for scholarships! Do not procrastinate. It may seem everyone is pulling all nighters preparing for tests and projects, however if you plan your time wisely it isn’t always necessary. However sleep IS a necessity for achieving good grades and staying healthy. Coffee and power naps will only get you so far. If you are always on the move or studying, you will miss some of the best days. Slow down and breathe. Take it all in. Life doesn’t wait and if you miss it, it is gone forever. There is no going back. And last, enjoy it!

If you are someone looking for a great community college, this is the place for you! Holmes is definitely for someone looking for a higher up community college with a great teacher/student ratio. The instructors really care for their students and really want them to succeed.

Autumn

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, i would advise myself to study harder, take lots of online classes, and make more goals for myself to accomplish. I would tell myself to worry less about high school drama, and pay mor attention to my english teach about writting essays. I would tell myself to not hold back and have all the fun I could. I would tell myself to take more advantage of all the teachers and staff that were willing to help me. I would direct myself to stay on a straight and narrow path. I would tell myself to develope a stronger relationship with the Lord, and keep true friends closer.

Aisha

My Classmates are very friendly and helpful. The good thing about attending community college is that you are able to meet people from all ages and walks of life. The older people on campus are really sweet and fun to talk to. Alot of my classmates are coming back to college or getting another degree and it is a really inspiring to see them work hard to improve their lives.

The best advice i could give myself if i could go back in time would be to more confident of myself and not to be too nervous. I could have enjoyed my first year in college if i had been more confident of myself. I also would have been able to make more friends if i had not been so self-conscious and shy.

The most frustrating thing is the lack of variety in the courses offered. Mostly we only have the basic core undergraduate courses, we dont have a lot of choices for electives nor do we have any foreign languages available besides Elementary Spanish. There are no art courses on campus, besides Art Appreciation. I would have liked to have taken some foreign language or art courses while I was getting my associates, so when I go on to a four year college or university I could focus on the courses that I would have to take for my major.

Holmes Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.