Goodman, MS
Holmes Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Holmes Community College

Jada

Holmes Community College is a great school to attend, for those who want to start off small in their educational careers. This campus has a great atmosphere and welcoming feel. The teachers and students are relatable and friendly. The school offers multiple activities for the students to get together and have a great time.

Sena

There are various student opportunities available on campus, however, a person looking to be involved in a sorority or fraternity may not favor this campus over a university campus.

Since I am on the Ridgeland campus of Holmes Community College, the worst part is the lack of food options on campus. The student union has a kitchen and counter, however, there isn't food sold there. The college is slowly working towards offering more on campus food options. There are food trucks that come by every day of the week and sell local food for $6 or less. It would be great though if the student union also offered food.

Kristin

It is smaller and more intimate than other community colleges. It is a small campus yet it is spread open but not too much. Classes are smaller and you can get more time with teachers than other community colleges allow. I go to the Ridgeland campus and it is quite nice.

I would tell my high school self to pay attention in class. There were many instances that an assignment seemed familiar yet I could not put my thumb on why. I would tell my high school seft to keep all assignments and notes from any English or Science class because they will be useful in college. I would also tell my high school self to keep all her writings and poems because she would enter into this amazing club that would appreciate her talent. I would tell her that it is ok to have fun as long as you make sure to get the work done. I would also tell my high school self that when she gets to college, life will be better and safer. I would tell her to just have confidence and new friends show up randomly at just the right moment. I would make sure she has hope and she is more excited for college than I was.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is someone who just does not care about their or anyone's education. They would just be losing money and wasting their and everyone else's time. The other kind of person who should not come to this school are the ones who cannot accept people for who they are or who they deem to be. This is an accepting school and bullying is not tolerated at all.

Holmes Community College is a great college for kids coming from small communities. Its not very big and all the students are friendly. I love this school and I'm glad i decided to attend this college.

The only one I can think of is that we are a big family here, and it is true. We all look out for one another.

The most popular activities we have are flag football, movie night, and bonfire at the bridge.

I love the students here. Everyone is nice and love to help.

The academics are great, Even if you struggle in a certain subject, you have teachers, tutors, and others that will help you improve at it.

Holmes is a great community college for someone looking to go back to school, or go straight out of high school.

When applying to college, choose the one that is best for YOU, not the one your friends, boyfriend or parents want you to attend. You are the one who will attend for 4 years, make sure it is the best fit for you. Learn the deadlines for applying for admission, FASFA and scholarships. Don’t let an opportunity pass you by because you missed a deadline! College is expensive and it will be more enjoyable if you aren’t paying for it out of pocket! Earning scholarships is a challenging, daunting very competitive task. Extracurricular activities and volunteering are your friend for scholarships! Do not procrastinate. It may seem everyone is pulling all nighters preparing for tests and projects, however if you plan your time wisely it isn’t always necessary. However sleep IS a necessity for achieving good grades and staying healthy. Coffee and power naps will only get you so far. If you are always on the move or studying, you will miss some of the best days. Slow down and breathe. Take it all in. Life doesn’t wait and if you miss it, it is gone forever. There is no going back. And last, enjoy it!

If you are someone looking for a great community college, this is the place for you! Holmes is definitely for someone looking for a higher up community college with a great teacher/student ratio. The instructors really care for their students and really want them to succeed.

Autumn

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, i would advise myself to study harder, take lots of online classes, and make more goals for myself to accomplish. I would tell myself to worry less about high school drama, and pay mor attention to my english teach about writting essays. I would tell myself to not hold back and have all the fun I could. I would tell myself to take more advantage of all the teachers and staff that were willing to help me. I would direct myself to stay on a straight and narrow path. I would tell myself to develope a stronger relationship with the Lord, and keep true friends closer.

Aisha

The best advice i could give myself if i could go back in time would be to more confident of myself and not to be too nervous. I could have enjoyed my first year in college if i had been more confident of myself. I also would have been able to make more friends if i had not been so self-conscious and shy.

The most frustrating thing is the lack of variety in the courses offered. Mostly we only have the basic core undergraduate courses, we dont have a lot of choices for electives nor do we have any foreign languages available besides Elementary Spanish. There are no art courses on campus, besides Art Appreciation. I would have liked to have taken some foreign language or art courses while I was getting my associates, so when I go on to a four year college or university I could focus on the courses that I would have to take for my major.

My Classmates are very friendly and helpful. The good thing about attending community college is that you are able to meet people from all ages and walks of life. The older people on campus are really sweet and fun to talk to. Alot of my classmates are coming back to college or getting another degree and it is a really inspiring to see them work hard to improve their lives.

Deonte

Learning to manage and organize my material would be the biggest advice I would tell myself in high school. I was a organized senior and very neat, but the college life is demanding of excellence. With all notes being labeled, headed, highlighted, there is no room for a slight misplacement of information. Staying on top of your schoolwork is the key to college successfullness.

Before attending Holmes Communtiy College I wish I would have known the detailed evaluation of each class and what the class had to offer. Not being familiar with the name of a course sometimes is overlooked when it could be really helpful.

Honestly my freshman year of college is going great with no complaints. The only frustrating thing is i can not take more than twenty-one credit hours, but thats any college.

Britnee

College is definitely time for fun and partying but the academics should come first because students are there to get an education. I would tell myself to have all the fun in high school because college gets more and more serious the further you advance in completing your major. Battling athletics and academics is not so easy at times. The mind has to be responsible and self-controlled to accomplish what needs to be accomplished while you are in college.

I wish I would have known that there are zero fast food restaurants near by instead of 10 to 25 miles away. I wish I would have known that there was nothing fun to do as well.

There are no fast food restaurants nearby. The school is right in the middle of a small town with a maximum of maybe 50 people living in the city. There is nothing fun to do either.

Holmes Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.