Imperial Valley College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Imperial Valley College

Joel

Imperial Valley College was not my first option, nor was it my second. However, I have to get ahead, be successful, and work hard. I have to be a good role model for my younger brother to look up to. I have to be able to support my mother when she was the only one doing so for me. I want to be able to pay back my mom for her hard work and effort, dealing with life's obstacles as a single mother and still ingrain a hard moral fiber within her children, and make people that make the world a better place. In order to accomplish all of this, I have to become smarter, I have to hone my skills in education and apply them to the world, and although it isn't in the best location, or does it have the most interesting people, or the best professors, Imperial Valley allows this to dream of mine to continue, albeit at a slow pace. It is for this reason that I truly appreciate and admittedly, am quite fond of, Imperial Valley College.

jennifer

The Imperial Valley College is good place to continue your education. It is a good way to save money. However, like any other college campus, it is usually pact. I would recommend making appointments rather than walk-ins and arrive about 10 to 15 min. prior to class.

Although it tries, Imperial Valley College is a very poor example of what college life provides you. The teachers are a ranged mix of very knowledgeable to lacking in understanding of the subject, and there are even instructors that accept late work or very lazily done work.

Columba

Imperial Valley College is an awesome school maybe it just need more programs that help students with their economic necessities because there some of them and the alumni are increasing everyday. Overall, I feel proud to be a student from IVC and I hope this comments can help them to develop a better strategies of how to help students.

Armando

I believe that imperial valley college has the potential to host more events for the students attending and that they are also able to adjust thier ways of teaching different subjects by adding more classes or even making more subjects that any person can study towards

valeria

I believe that Imperial Valley College is somewhat of a good school. It is small which can be a good thing but at the same time, there is nothing to do. The location is bad because is in the middle of nowhere but the town is close and pretty much you know everybody there. But IVC is a good start if you don't feel like leaving home right after high school but still want to prepare for when you are ready to transfer.

nallely

As a current student at Imperial Valley College, I think the schools education is great overall, in addition their are many services to help student pass their classes for example tuttoring and a variety of books and online services. However the only negative side of this campus is that their aren’t any places near to relax, eat, or purchase supply and goods.

Destany

I think that Imperial Valley College is really good! We have all the help we need from tutoring to the teachers being available. We have plenty of school activities. Plenty of the students are involved with school the school activities. The library is a big help they have all the books for our classes. Tutoring is honestly the best thing it is free and we all take advantage of it.

Jesus

Imperial Valley College is a great start. It may be a community college but it helps it students whenever they want to transfer out to a bigger school. The people here kind and the teachers are well understanding. The teachers are willing to help whenever a student needs it.

Gracie

It's a decent college to get a start on higher education. It's not the best school, and if you compare it to a university, there isn't a comparison. However, if you live in the Imperial Valley, it saves you lots of money, and you're close to home. It's far from the city to have a car, go on the bus, or ask a friend for a ride. The food is greasy, so bring a lunch if you can. Financial aid helps alot, and if you try, you can meet life long friends there.

Kahari

I really like Imperial Valley College. There are no distractions, help is very easy to find if it is needed, the teachers will work with you to make sure that you pass your class, and the basketball and work out gyms are amazing! Imperial Valley College is a lot better than my city college and I'm very satisfied to even have the opportunity to go to the school.

Susana

Imperial Valley College is a decent school. It is simple and offers good education. In my opinion the school structure seems to look a bit run down. It could use more touch ups. It would be better if there were more building for students to lounge in, otherwise we are stuck outside all the time.

Madison

Imperial Valley College is a good college, some nice students and teachers. For only English speaking students it might be a struggle to get use to and if you need disability or financial aid assistance, they don't really help you. Other than that this is a nice college to attend.

Melysa

Imperial Valley college is a good college with lots of familiar and friendly faces. The professors for the most part are passionate about what they teach and genuinely care about their students. The campus is not very big so finding your way around is easy.

Victor

Imperial Valley College, in my opinion, is a very good college. It is a great college because it allows students with lower incomes to have a shot at success by majoring or studying something of their choosing. If it weren't for Imperial Valley College I would have to spend a small fortune studying elsewhere. All in all its a great college.

samantha

it's not one of the best schools but it does have one of the best nursing programs in all of California, most of the people who attend are just there for their general ed or are usually there for their nursing program. There is no greek life or school spirit of any kind so go elsewhere if that is important to you.

Karla

Imperial valley college is a great school and an opportunity for students to start a big career. It is a pretty campus, but most important, students are guided to take the best decisions in order to meet their goals. Teachers, tutors and students are available to the students who need help mi a subject, and this is with the purpose of helping them succeed. In addition to that, counselors always hear the students, and any decision they guide them to take is always taking into consideration what they want to do

Daniel

I enjoy IVC. There is a lot to offer and a lot of help. However, sometimes this information is not known by students or put out by teachers nor administrators. In my degree program there is a lot of good professors that are insightful and very helpful. We even have our own police academy that I am enrolled in. This is very beneficial for the Imperial Valley due to the vast amounts of law enforcement opportunities. It is also very affordable and you can live at home. Many people do not like IVC, but they overlook the true value that it has and the potential for greatness for its students.

Aaron

Imperial Valley College is a school like no other. Found on the outskirts of Imperial California it is a small community college that makes college easy for you. With great views all around you and easy access to your classes like a short walking distance. The staff and school is very friendly. A school you might want to check out.

I believe it is the most accesible College that give an opportunity for everyone to be a part of. It is very diverse and equally divided opportunities for everyone. Not only it is the only community college in the valley, it is one of the best colleges recognized for its nursing program that I wish to attend in the future.

Paulina

My opinion about Imperial Valley College is very sincere. This campus is pretty safe and has strict rules for students to follow. It is a friendly community college. The staff along with students are very friendly. It is a nice place to complete your general ed.

Brianne

I love Imperial Valley College due to the academic accessabilities offered. I enjoy the long hours of shops and different services provided. With this, it brings lots of support and love to my peers. Help is always offered and not only academic support, but any problems/issues one may be having on their own. It is such a safe place and I enjoy walking on this campus ground every day!

Carlos

Imperial Valley College is an amazing community college for anyone who is trying to save money and stay nearby the family. Most people will tell you that the classes are not good enough but those people are usually the ones who do not pay close attention to the teachers.