Indiana University-East Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Indiana University-East

Chasity

I feel safe at school and I like how the classes are smaller I get more one on one help. I really like how much the professors are willing to help and how they give you their cell phone number so you can text them when your at home if you have a question you didn't think of in class.

Matthew

Great school with great academics. I would recommend the school to anyone that is looking for a school to attend. They have great professors that are there to help their students learn. Easy access to and from classes as well as close on-site housing.

Karlie

Going into college a semester late, I was nervous that I wasn't going to be able to find my place in school, but going to IU East complete changed my mind. The campus is so easy to navigate and the faculty is extremely helpful, from the professors to the campus police to the dean of students all the way to the cafeteria workers. IU East has given me a place to excel in my academics and my social life, with tons of resources and help centers along with many student activities. I have made lasting friends and life-long memories. I'm happy to say that IU East is the college for me.

Breanna

It is good if you are looking for a small campus. Mostly commuters go here so foot traffic on campus is light. Not a whole lot of events due to small size. Classes are small, but this means that there is usually only one section of each class especially in higher level classes.

Sarai

They need better facilities for athletes. Athletes are not treated the way they are supposed to be treated. They expect too much for what they give us. I would love to have the facilities to actually be able to give a lot more than what I give right now.

Mary

The professors are incredible and are always available to answer questions. I am very fortunate to attend this university! I am a transfer student from USF in Tampa and this was the only University I could find where I could complete my degree and my transfer credits were all accepted.

Mary

I like how the campus is small and very down to earth. It can soon feel like "home" because of how small it is, you meet a lot of people and you will have classes with many of the same people. Since the class sizes are smaller you get more time to discuss and interact with your professors. I wish there was more to do on campus, most places to eat are outside of campus. The buildings themselves are pretty nice, and they do perform regular upkeep. Tuition is more affordable than most places, but the financial aid office is not helpful in giving students useful/helpful information. All of my professors have been very friendly and helpful, the majority of them are passionate about the subject they teach and they make sure that students understand and do well. They offer a fair amount of classes; though, it can become difficult to decide on a major if you are not sure what you want to do. I feel like compared to other campuses there isn't a ton to choose from regrading majors and minors. The advisor of the education department does a great job of keeping you informed and scheduling the appropriate classes that you need for your degree. They also offer an online option that is really flexible for students who have families, full-time jobs, or live a significant distance from campus. Parking is typically pretty decent, and they have yet to oversell parking spaces. Security has a very strong presence on campus and safety is a big concern for the university. Overall it is a decent campus where you are able to get a very personalized education. Though, it does have some flaws, there is no school that is perfect. So far I have enjoyed my time at Indiana University East.

M

The fees are very expensive for what you get, its overpriced because the fees only cover the tuition. On top of that you then have to pay for accommodation if you live to far from the campus to compute in each day, and then school supplies are daylight robbery as well. The text books cost an absolute fortune and sometimes aren't even used. A lot of the classes are online, so its like why have I even bother to come and pay if I just do it all myself anyway!

Natalie

I love the campus and the teachers there. It may look like its a small campus is a weird town, when you're on campus its like you're somewhere different. As a first year they had a week before classes dedicated to the freshman and setting up their schedules and knowing what building offers what. Everyone is super nice and willing to point you into the right direction.

Halle

I have had wonderful expiriences with my college. They are more supportive on a personal level of you individually than most colleges. During my advising appointments the administration was incredibly helpful and kind. I have not talked to anyone who is not hospitable. They definately know good people when they see them. I am proud to be a Red Wolf!