Iowa Western Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Iowa Western Community College

Angelica

IWCC has some great teachers but some are unusually strict about deadlines. I like that most of the campus is connected to each other which makes winter just a little better. Some universities in the area will claim that they won't accept IWCC credits which may be true so be careful.

Gibrilla

So far the experience at Iowa Western Community College has been enjoyable. Diverse and open is what I us to describe the student body. Other than the personal issues I've yet to resolve with my roommate and housing, my overall rating of the school would be a 4.5/5

Jadie

The could be healthier, cheaper, and allowed take out. The class are very interesting and you learn a lot. The classes have a lot of home and it very hard for traditional students to keep up.

Annika

I think that Iowa Western is a good college overall. I like the class size because it's not too big so you know the people in your class and can be active. I also really enjoyed the food that they have on campus. Iowa western is definitely a college that I can see myself attending.

Jastaa

It is a really good school. The teachers are really helpful when it comes to anything! I like how when I ask questions they are prompt to respond and or get you to the correct person who can answer the question.

Sydney

Iowa Western has many great professors and also on campus housing, which is different from most community colleges. Many scholarships are available, and the Phi Theta Kappa honor society is possible to join here. The only thing that could use some work is the food provided.

Claudia

It is a great school to start out at if you are not ready for a University. It lets you get away from home and live on campus like you would at a University. The housing facilities are amazing. I as a current student am on the dance team which keeps me involved with most of the other sports. Here at Iowa Western their sports are taken seriously, we've had multiple athletes get offers from very nice University's. Not only is it a nice, safe campus but also pretty cheap.

Lori

I have been doing the online classes and they are an enormous blessing. A+++ Every once in a great while there might be a software glitch, but overall this program is fantastic and I have and will recommend it to others as well. For me not having to drive to class is huge.

Deana

A very well rounded school, just a little bit on the small size. Very athletically based school, all around a very great atmosphere to be in. It's extremely easy to meet new people. Also, a very diverse school culturally. There seems to be minimal problems within the campus itself.

Overall Iowa Western is one of the best community colleges to go to. It offers all that you would get at a university at a lower price,of course. The facilities are always being updated and new buildings that you never see the same thing twice. Sports and band rule the campus with very little acknowledgment towards academics or actual sit down with students, but it is to be expected. Overall IWCC is the best community college in the Midwest for anyone who doesn't want to spend a ton of money and have a ton of loans.

Miguel

Sports are great. oncampuss facilities are safe and very well taken care of. Teachers and staff are always reachable. Coach and team are great people. enjoy studying at the library, using their gym and participating sports activities. Western Iowa is the best place to pursue my dreams.

Trinity

I think it is a great, local school that is well adapted to it's location. It is just outside of town that you can be right where all the action happens. You can live at home, or go out to dinner without driving a long ways. It is located far enough from the other side of town to get a college experience, but close enough to home. The campus is beautiful and always growing. The sports, especially football, is a major thing at Iowa Western. The new rec building is being build with indoor tracks and fields for all types of sports. The classes are all connected by halls, even the different Halls of the campus is connected easily accessible.

Tiffany

I love Iowa Western. I think that when starting your college experience, everyone should start at a community college. The tuition rates are a lot lower than a university, and it gives you the chance to get your feet wet. Nothing is more intimidating that going to a university straight out of high school. Going to a community college gives you the chance to build long lasting relationships, and to get some college experience under your belt.

Shelby

My opinion of Iowa Western is that it is a wonderful campus. I really like the location of the campus, but what I like the most about it is the professors. The professors are very respectful and understanding but also always willing to help you when you are in need of them. The facilities are kept very clean and it makes the college welcoming, another thing that is very welcoming and supportive are the students, they try and get you involved into as many things as possible and that is something that I really like. They want everyone to be involved and fell at home when they attend Iowa Western.

Autumn

Iowa Western Community college is an affordable way to get a thorough education and an opportunity to get involved with one of the most talented sports teams in this area. The athletics are extremely impressing especially for a community college, and there are also many other activities to do. On-campus housing could be better, but other than that its great!

Rebecca

I have a better outlook on my college career being here at Iowa Western. I also really enjoy my classes and my teachers. The other students are great and we all try to help each other advance in life. I feel as if I am learning a lot in each other my classes as well as from the environment around me.

Makenna

Iowa Western is a good place for students to experience college life while having the opportunity to play sports, pay less tuition, and have small class sizes. It is a quality community college and the credits transfer well. The rigor of classes highly depends on the professor and has a wide range of difficulty.

Matthias

My time at Iowa Western has been great. The students and faculty are friendly and helpful, people are genuinely interested in their studies and participate in class. It feels like everyone actually wants to be there. I've made some wonderful friends and I've learned a lot!