Honolulu, HI
Kapiolani Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kapiolani Community College

Jaycelyn

This campus is a beautiful, and has a lot of things to do that is near by. Academics is well educated by intelligent professors. There is always help and tutoring for those in need. The food is excellent however, the pricing can be a bit high. The people there are very diverse and we also have great help classes, like for registration and fasfa.

Francisco

Depending on what you expect from this college, this is a perfect place for me. Nice campus, small class size and lots of resources provided to use. This is not a school for people to party and want big lecture halls, this is a college for people who are ready to concentrate and work hard.

Raleigh

Kapiolani would not have been my first choice for a school, as I planned to enroll in an animation program. However, with an extreme lack of colleges that teach animation in Hawaii, I had to choose this one. However, I found myself pleasantly surprised at how great of a school this is. The teachers are all helpful and the faculties are quite nice. However, I could do without teachers giving their political opinions every class period, and belittling the side they don't agree with. This is very unprofessional behavior for a classroom, and I would give a 5 stars if not for this.

Leah

Kapi'olani Community College has such a beautiful campus! The instructors are easily accessible, class size is small, (my professors knew my name within the first couple weeks). There are lots of tables where you can sit outside and enjoy the sunshine.

Austin Taylor

Kapiolani Community College is a very excellent institution, it has a very diverse student body, as well as teachers and faculty that constantly look out for the students whether it be within the classroom, or outside of class hours. The overall campus is very well kept and improvements are constantly being made to enhance the image of the school, and also to make it a better learning environment with countless opportunities.

Melisa Fe

I was debating on giving it three stars instead of four stars. The reason behind choosing four stars instead is because of the professors. There are a few professors I've had in the past that weren't the best, but I could tell that they still did their job on teaching the class as best as they could. But majority of the professors I've taken have been extremely helpful. They were always available if I had any questions, always guided me to make sure I passed, and taught their lessons as effectively as possible. Kapiolani Community College lost the last star because of other facilities. The cafeteria has overpriced food that can sometimes be unsatisfying by the amount they give to us. I've also encountered a few disrespectful staff members - but they were mostly college students and not the adults working. But these flaws aren't a big deal because I come to this campus for my education. As long as my professors are helpful I learn what I need to learn, then that is satisfying enough.

My teachers were passionate for their subjects, gave each student equal treatment and made the homework understandable. It's superior campus and academic availability for different classes and majors made it more attractive to continue my education at than Hawaii Community College.

Kaylen

After thinking about all the schools that i would want to go to i kept going back to KCC because they have a great culinary program. I think our school is kind of too small for my taste because its a college and when i think of college i think of a big campus. When i tell people about the school i go to they always wonder why i choose this school and i would tell them that i am there because i am a culinary major. The most frequent student complaint that i have heard was that we don't hold that much activities, like all we do is go to school and go home or work. They talk about bonding and being more social.

Most of the kids my age are FOB's (fresh off the boat) like Asians. So i guess you can say the stereotypes is Geeks.

To be honest i don't really know of any clubs on campus. I don't think we have any clubs on our campus. i don't see a lot of couples on campus. I meet my closest friends through some of the classes i took last semester. i don't think people part at my school because we are a community college. The things i do off campus is work and go shopping.

My favorite class right now would be my speech class because that is the first class that i actually got to meet new people and be more social. My least favorite class would be my History 151 class because i don't really like just sitting and listening to lectures. I am more a hands on person. Class participation is always required in all classes that i have been in. Yes, all the students that our in my major are very competitive. My major is culinary and i really enjoy being in this field because the instructors are very well known and helpfully. outside of class i try to help out at events with the instructors to advance in my skills.

Gretchen

Kapiolani Community College is a beautiful campus. The breath-taking views make walking between class a calming experience (especially before a big exam!). The instructors at this school are from their actual field of study, and are incredibly knowledgeable. They have been on the routes before, therefore they know what is important and relevant.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, there are so many things that I could tell myself to change and to do differently. But in telling myself to do so would be changing the experiences I went through, the lessons I learned, and the person I became. I am proud of who I am today. I have made mistakes, and I have failed. I have fallen, and I have picked myself back up. It took a lot to get me to realize that school is important. But if I hadn't gone through the struggles that I did after graduating high school, I'm not sure that I would ever understand the real importance of having an education. I worked three jobs to keep a roof over my head, often going without food on the table. I will never go back to that, and that's because after those experiences, I have come to realize that education will lead to a career, which leads to better pay, and a better life for myself and for my family. So what would I tell my highschool self? I hope you're ready to make mistakes.

Before I came to college, I wish that I had known how difficult it could be. I wish that I had more guidance in figuring out what I wanted to do before I just started taking random classes. I felt like that really set me back, because I was taking classes that I thought were helpful, but in actually are not for my intended major.

katalina

Kapiolani Community College is a diverse campus with many resources available for students to use such as computers, tutors, labs, peer mentors, on campus jobs, etc.

All students recieve emails about the different social events here on campus hosted by our students and staff members. We get notices about community services, what is going on on campus, and other fun events.

Kapiolani Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.