Burton, OH
Kent State University at Geauga

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kent State University at Geauga

Bridgette

My classmates at Kent State Geauga are cool, level headed, funny, sincere, loving, and wild.

If I were able to go back in time and talk with myself using the knowledge I know now, I would advise myself to apply for more scholarships and work extra hours to prepare for my tution. Before I came to Kent State I went to a community college and was able to make monthy payments on my tution. I paid for two years of my community college out of pocket, worked part time and was still able to keep a GPA of 3.6. When I transfered to Kent State to attend the nursing program I had to cut back on my working hours. Kent State's College of Nursing is extremely intense. Not being able to work as much and paying out pocket jeopardizes my future for graduating. I am a senior with five months until I graduate with a BSN (Bachelor's in the Science of Nursing) and AS (Assoicates in Science) and made it thus far with what I did prepare, but my tution funds are drying up. I am extremly dedicated to the field of nursing and my studies. Knowing what I know now, I would have told myself to start saving for my tution.

A person that is not dedicated, only wants to party with out working hard at school, and unrealistic should not attend Kent State Geuaga. Attending Kent State University for the college of nursing in Ohio, is like attending Harvard for law school. Kent State has a very prestigious and rigorous nursing program that only the seriously dedicated, intellengent, and loving student will be excepted into the program and will succeed. The Kent State Nursing Alumi are very loyal to eachother and ensure success of the future generation (speaking from personal expirence).

Melissa

If I could go back in the time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say do not follow your peers when deciding what college to attend. Unfortunately, this is a social decision rather than an academic desicion. This can lead to great disappointments. For example, now what if after the first year attending college with your peer,he/she decided to drop out? T Of course this is to be a rhetorical question but to make sure that you and I are on the same page, I will gladly answer. You are now attending a college that may have not been the right fit for you academically or financially but because you decided to follow your peer, you are now in a college that doesn't excel in your major, in debt and most importantly (in your mind) NO PEER. Trust me when I say please do not make the same mistake as I have. I followed my high school sweetheart and he dropped out. I am 29 years old now and still working myself out of debt for a school that I didn't want to go to in the first place.

The best thing about Kent State at the Geauga campus is the class size. I was really excited that their were only five students in my difficult Calculus class. This made me feel more comfortable with such a difficult class.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone who enjoys to be in a large class setting.

Genevieve

Most of my classmates are PSEO students. I'm taking basic courses right now that there are a lot of sixteen and seventeen year olds in.

If I could go back to high school and talk to myself I would tell me that I'm able to have a life. It doesn't have to be just about studying in high school. The good grades, the National Honors Society the volunteer hours really don't mean anything in the grand scheme. I would also tell myself that my dream school could wait. Start off with a community school first. Then go to my dream school. Build up some money because although we're told good grades earn financial aid, it's not true. Don't worry or stress to the point of making yourself sick. And stock up on Spaghetti-o's, Ramen noodles and microwave popcorn. I would also tell myself that age doesn't matter. You can get a degree when you are 20 or you can get your first degree when you are 40 and the age doesn't matter. They both got their degree. Work hard but remember to take time for yourself, because if you burn yourself out, nothing will get done. Also enjoy it. This is the first step toward success.

My school is a tight knit community with friendly staff and classmates. I have met a lot of great, influential people at this campus, people that I have learned a great deal of ethics and good morals from.

My school is unique from other schools because the teachers are extremely involved in their students education, and go out of their way to help students to improve their learning experiences.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice, I would tell myself to buckle down and study as hard as I can. Manage your time, and plan out when you're going to get things done that way you know when you need things turned in and you allow yourself enough time to avoid procrastination. Have fun! Go out and make new friends. Find out what kind of person you are, and experience the college lifestyle. Live every day as if it was your last day. Take advantage of the opportunity to do something exciting everyday.

Dakota

I am telling you, college is very expensive! Take your SAT tests very seriously and start studying for them. You want a really good score help you earn a lot of scholarships. Also, get your grades up as high as possible and continue to participate in school clubs and community service programs. Next, apply for as many scholarships as you can. I was raised to make the best choices and in my case it was to attend a community college to earn my Associates of Science degree which meant I would be able to transfer to a four year state college to complete my degree without accumulating debt. Most of my college bound friends went off to state schools, but I could not justify the expense when I could receive the same education at a community college. My biggest savings right now is living at home while I go to school. Your parents have worked hard to buy a home, make a living, and support a family. They will help as much as they can, while also budgeting for their future. Earning scholarships will lesson the burden and worry for your family.

meranda

My school is best known for their nursing program.

My school is best known for their nursing program.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, there is a lot I would say. First, I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as I could. Second, I would tell myself to be less shy and open up to new people. I would also tell myself that studying for tests in college is a lot different for studying for tests in high school, and I would tell myself to get in the habbit of studying for tests weeks before hand. Along with all of these things, I would tell myself to plan out the classes I want to take early, so that I would have gotten a better schedule.

Someone who wants a great education but enjoys living at home. One who is willing to work hard for an education, but does not want to pay what most colleges charge.

Kent State University-Geauga Campus has many different fields of study, and are always willing to help out when needed.

My classmates are very hard working individuals that recognize all the hard work and dedication it takes to be successful.

From what I know now about college life and making the transition, the advice that I would give myself would be to go away to college to get the feeling of what college is about. I would also tell myself to stick with it even if it seems like you just want to go to a smaller school to get done faster. It will all pay off in the end and be totally worth it. Also, don't give up and say you'll go back later because things happen and sometimes you won't be able to go back, or if you have a child within that time, it will more than likely be ten times harder to do so, but it is also capable of doing so.

april

My classmates are average hard working people

My classmates are average hard working people

If I were to do it all over again and transition, I would have done my career choice all over again. I would have definetely gone to school full-time and had my RN already, instead of going part time and deciding on a Business Major. I made that decision and really ended up hating what I was doing for 6 years of my life because I was listening to what other people said instead of doing what I wanted to do with my life. The key to happiness is knowing yourself and doing for you, before you should listen to others for advice. I also should have taken more heed with the aptitude tests that were given out in high school and with the guidance couselors. I think that those are the things that I would tell myself if were able to go back in time.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would definatly tell myself to attend college immediatley after graduating highschool, instead of taking time off of school. I would expain how much harder it is with every passing year that you choose to put school off, and that more obligations/responsibilities will make it that much harder to try to fit in your education. I would also tell myself that the transition from highschool to college will not be easy but so rewarding in that you will be learning valueable nursing skills for your dream career as a RN.

That I believe that KSU is not only a well known school, but it is also a school that is well desired by employers in the job market today . It is exactly the kind of school that you are proud to be able to put on a resume

I find that there are quite a bit of hoops you need to jump through figuratively speaking in the whole admissions process, and for the program i am currently enrolled in everything must be complete by Feb 1 in order to begin in the fall. If it is not completed you must wait another year to start again the next fall.

My classmates are a mixture of people both men and women of all ages.

My classmates are a mixture of people both men and women of all ages.

The advice I would give myself would be to not take all easy classes just to graduate. To be challenged in class is an excellant way to prepare yourself for college course loads and it also teaches time management skills. Another piece of good advice would be to join clubs and activites that would allow me to get comfortable meeting new people in a larger group setting. Practicing self-independence in my senior year would have helped to make living on my own once I get to college not as scary and over-whelming.

The person who shouldn't attend this school is someone who likes to interact with a lot of people. This is a small campus and not many people to meet and make new friends in your age group.

Kent State University at Geauga administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.