New Philadelphia, OH
Kent State University at Tuscarawas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kent State University at Tuscarawas

Madison

Kent Tusc is a Regional Campus. It was your basic majors but not a variety. There is a lot of pointless classes that have nothing to do with anything or the Professor gives you everything and makes it super easy. When a professor does this, I feel like I'm wasting my money. I feel like its more of a high school than a college.

My local campus, though cheap and local, has one stand out feature that the rest of the campuses and that's the Performing Art's Center. It is a professional theater house with on hand training and experience. Professional and Student lead shows fill the stage. However, the rest of the campus is to be desired. It is a normal building with an otherwise normal facility.

Maris

A very typical small campus college. Great for first year college students trying to get by and who aren't sure about where to go next. The advantage to attending a smaller college is that the professors are very helpful. They are very accessible outside of class and show an interest in the students.

Braydon

It's a small school, and I love it that way. The only problem I have with it is it's not on a beach! The professors are nice, most will help at any given time that you ask. Everyone is friendly with one another, and even with a few thousand kids, you get to know a good bit of them. The atmosphere of the whole place is great.

Alexis

Choosing Kent State University was the best choice I've made. When I stayed for the night, I already felt like I started my college career and it was a great experience. The amount of opportunities and activities outside of class, means that there are always things to do. I can't wait to enter Kent State University.

Michelle

I am very pleased with this college as it was my first choice for a college. I love the school and the people there. I met many new people at the college, and the professors are amazing. To be honest, couldn't ask for a better school in my opinion.

Marija

I love the atmosphere at Kent Tuscarawas. Everyone is so friendly, just a simple hello can put a smile on anyones face and that is the kind of atmosphere here at Kent. I love that everyone knows everyone by name because we are not a very large campus. I also love that you make friends so easily. The friends you make at Kent are the ones that are going to last a lifetime. If I had to describe my classmates in one word, it would have to be amazing. Some of the sweetest people!

What is so unique about my school is that we are a small college. We have juniors in high school to just about any age that falls after that. I love going into my classroom and seeing older follks having the courage and determination to come back to school to earn their degree or finish because you can tell how important it is to them. They teach me while I teach them. It's great. Plus I am 5 minutes away from home which makes going to Kent so much more enjoyable.

When I went through high school I was very involved in my class. I was very involved in sports & also with my church and I worked. It wasn't always easy but I have almost made it through my first year. I need to anage time better. I work a full time job at Lauren Manufacturing as the accounts receiveable intern and go to school full time. It isn't easy but I love the people I work with. I would also tell mysef to make more friends. Going through high school I was friendly with everyone but I kept my circle of friends close. I have just about every religion, race, ethnicity, weirdness of friends you can imagine. I had parents who were very strict with us children growing up. Being the third out of four children money is aways a struggle. I would go back to high school and apply for more scholarhsips. College isn't cheap, and to me and education is super important. Everyone bit of money counts. My one goal I have told myself since day one is that I do not want to go in debt, and that is something I won't do.

Gwendolyn

My school is motivating and accademically challenging, they strive to help you achieve your full potentia,l refuse to let you produce mediocre work, most of them are Alumni of the school themselves, so they strive for excellence, they motivate you to excel and reach for the stars, then once you have succeded give back to others and the community.

The first thing i would do is counsel myself on the importance of the stept i am about to take. The choices and decisions i make are going to affect me the rest of my life. I can make it memorable and productive or i can waste someones hard earned money. This is a major step into adulthood, and facing and accepting responsibilities. I am to realize and understand that i will encounter distractions and pier pressure, but to stay focused and keep my mind on the goal. That i will have to exercise discipline and get my assignments on time because i am no longer in high school and will be treated as an adult. I am to strive to be a leader and not follower, to give my full attention to making the best grades possible. The work i do and grades i achieve will help me get the job i have worked to obtain.

The type of person that should not attend this school is one that is not dedicated about getting a degree, or they are going to let their social life interfere in obtaining their goal. It is not for them if not willing to make sacrifices. One that is not consisient in getting homework in when schduled. It is not for them if they are not computer literate, and used to moving at a an acceleratrd pace. They should reconsider if they are not familiar with APA format and consistently writing essays.

Cassandra

Most likely the setting and price. It is a rural setting and it isn't too expensive for most people.

I would tell myself all about how college classes work, how much time will need to be spent, and maybe give myself a crash course in time management. Many students go into college thinking it will be exactly like high school and it is not at all. College courses generally have less small homework grades and more tests and high point papers. Most of the course grade is based on test and paper scores, so getting one bad grade can seriously hurt the overall grade for the class. Whereas, in high school there are multiple opportunities to recover a bad test score with high scores on homework and small projects. Most college courses are 2 or 3 days a week for an hour or two. Since there is much less lecture time, students are expected to do much more outside reading and studying of the coursework. Many new college students don't realize this. Because of these major changes, time management becomes severely important to any new college student.

Those who are looking for parties, fraternities/sororities, or a large campus probably wouldn't be happy here.

Kent State University at Tuscarawas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.